New Waters or Floyd Album in the works?

luvlz2

Just got the limited edition standalone 5.1 Division Bell DVD, nice surround sound mix but it still sounds more like a Gilmour solo album than a Pink Floyd release. I'll give it one more listen then file it away under not interested, I will never get over the atrocious lyrics.

Do you find the lyrics on TDB better than, worse than, or equal to AMLOR, JTM? I always felt AMLOR was more like a Gilmour solo disc than TDB. Kinda like TFC more like a Water's solo disc than TW.

Do you find the lyrics on TDB better than, worse than, or equal to AMLOR, JTM? I always felt AMLOR was more like a Gilmour solo disc than TDB. Kinda like TFC more like a Water's solo disc than TW.

I prefer the lyrics on MLOR to TDB, Alan Moore, DGs co writer does a much better job than Polly Sampson did on TDB as the co writer.

There is less of an anti Roger Waters feel on MLOR's songs. Though I think MLOR overall sounds less like a PF album than TDB due to it's dated 80s production with it's sometimes dreadful bass guitar sound and as for the drums ughhh. Neither album rates very highly in the PF cannon Imho.

I prefer the lyrics on MLOR to TDB, Alan Moore, DGs co writer does a much better job than Polly Sampson did on TDB as the co writer.

There is less of an anti Roger Waters feel on MLOR's songs. Though I think MLOR overall sounds less like a PF album than TDB due to it's dated 80s production with it's sometimes dreadful bass guitar sound and as for the drums ughhh. Neither album rates very highly in the PF cannon Imho.

Completely agree with you.

The wall not up to snuff lmao, its by far the best album they made imo, just so popular it gets hate now, and the final cut was a great album, many of my Floyd friends even says its there best.

waters was Floyd, gilmore is just blah to me.

IMO, the kind of musical synergy Waters and Gilmour enjoyed in Pink Floyd is very rare. Most musicians never experience it at all. Even less are lucky enough to experience it with a second group of collaborators. Both men continue to compose and perform because they're musicians; it's what they do. Both men are very talented so some of the post-Floyd stuff they do will be good. But I doubt that any of it is as great as their best work with Pink Floyd.

I saw that tour twice also. In October '87 and May '88. The first one was much better, plus the 2nd was in the rain! :(

Saw them again in '94 - I thought that one was the best of all.

Caught Waters on The Wall tour twice also. First one was incredible!

You lot are making me feel quite jealous, having been born too late to see them (though I suppose I could've been to see Roger a few years back). I'd have loved to see them live.. it must've been great to hear some of the early versions of ''Dark Side...'' tracks in '72 or so... Never mind :(

• 3 weeks later...

Roger Waters wrote a new song for Marianne Faithfull's new album which is due out next month in September 2014. The song is called "Sparrows Will Sing".

Roger Waters also wrote a song for Marianne Faithfull in 1968 called "Incarceration of a Flower Child".

You lot are making me feel quite jealous, having been born too late to see them (though I suppose I could've been to see Roger a few years back). I'd have loved to see them live.. it must've been great to hear some of the early versions of ''Dark Side...'' tracks in '72 or so... Never mind :(

As I am an old B I was lucky enough to see the DSOM tour in Liverpool in 1972.To be perfectly honest I would rather have witnessed the Wall at Earls Court.

• 2 weeks later...

Roger Waters The Wall tour film is finally to get a release. The film will be premiered at the Toronto film festival on the 6th of September.

Unfortunately there is no announcement of the release date of the Blu-Ray, let's hope that when that is there is a 3D version.

Roger Waters The Wall - A Film by Roger Waters and Sean Evans will be premiered at the Toronto International Film Festival commencing September 6, 2014.

The much anticipated release is 133 minutes long and will receive 5 screenings at the festival, with two reserved for industry professionals only.

There were several of Roger Waters The Wall Live shows recorded, with other re-enactments from Roger's family life and other events recorded by film crews for the movie.

This film release will likely be very popular indeed with people all over the world discussing the release for some time since the first shows were recorded years ago on The Wall Tour between September 2010 and September 2013.

Promotional Words About The Film

Fans of Roger Waters and Pink Floyd's monumental The Wall, get ready. This immersive experience of Water's The Wall Live tour, shot in three cities across two continents, is a rib-rattling, sonically stupendous piece of filmmaking. With its 500-foot set, which is gradually built throughout the show into the famed wall, the ambitious and immensely successful concert production features one of the most iconic pieces of extended imagination that rock 'n' roll ever produced, and will remind many of the sheer ambition and scope of music in the 1970's, the era in which it was first created.

Waters, from whose head the original Wall emerged, has, along with co-director Sean Evans, make a film that captures his original vision completely. Sumptuously shot so as not to miss anything the show had to offer, Roger Waters The Wall is also beautifully mixed so that these live renditions of the album's many anthems sound crystal-clear and vibrantly present.

But the film, like the piece of music on which it is based, is also drenched in Water's politics and memories. Scarred by the fact that his father was killed in action in Italy in 1944, when Roger was not yet six months old, his work is a plea for peace and understanding -- as "walls" create fear, misunderstanding, and often lead to war and death. Roger Waters The Wall includes a highly personal and moving journey through France and Italy as Waters visits the WW1 cemetery in which his grandfather, killed in 1916, is buried, and the monument near the Anzio beaches on which his father's name is inscribed. On the hundredth anniversary of the First World War's outbreak, this film shows that art so often springs from memory -- and we can never forget.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/roger-waters-the-wall-live-film-2014-film-premiere?utm_source=emailcampaign316&utm_medium=phpList&utm_content=HTMLemail&utm_campaign=The+Wall+Live+Film+-+Roger+Waters

post-15049-0-54307200-1408580408.jpg

I hope 'The Wall Live' will play in theaters, I would definitely go to that! Not sure how long after the film festival premiere that 'The Wall Live' will hit store shelves but it seems like it's going to coincide closely (close enough) with 'The Endless River', interesting...

I hope 'The Wall Live' will play in theaters, I would definitely go to that! Not sure how long after the film festival premiere that 'The Wall Live' will hit store shelves but it seems like it's going to coincide closely (close enough) with 'The Endless River', interesting...

I've read that some music critics consider The Wall the final representative album of the classic rock era. It was the last rock opera; the last time a rock band would attempt such an ambitious musical project.

Acoustic Sounds has shared some photos of Pink Floyd's new studio album The Endless River they are working on for release in October 2014.

Acoustic Sounds were chosen to handle the release of the double vinyl of the album and have received the master copies as you can see below from The Mastering Lab.

There are of course four sides to a double vinyl recording and all four of these were sent to Acoustic Sounds at Quality Record Pressings, straight from Doug Sax and crew at The Mastering Lab north-west of Los Angeles.

The follow-up to 1994's 'The Division Bell,' 'The Endless River' marks the 15th studio album by the famed British band. Scheduled to release in October, 'The Endless River' finds David Gilmour and Nick Mason completing work on sessions with the late keyboardist and founding member Rick Wright. This is the third album by the Gilmour-helmed Pink Floyd after Roger Waters' departure from the band in 1985.

The album is based on unreleased material the band produced with Wright during sessions for 'The Division Bell' in 1994. Acoustic Sounds said, "We're ecstatic that QRP was chosen to press 'The Endless River' on vinyl and proud that our recent pressing of 'The Division Bell' was so highly received. When we say we press the world's finest-sounding LP's, we mean it."

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/photos-of-pink-floyds-new-album-the-endless-river-on-vinyl?utm_source=emailcampaign317&utm_medium=phpList&utm_content=HTMLemail&utm_campaign=See+photos+of+Pink+Floyd%27s+new+album+Endless+River...

post-15049-0-72173700-1409353126.jpg

post-15049-0-92005000-1409353140.jpg

post-15049-0-14817900-1409353166.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived