New Waters or Floyd Album in the works?

luvlz2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

After listening to The Endless River CD I think it's incredible.

me too

don't dig this release, its pretty boring, no edge without waters, its not an album i would drive to in case it put me in a coma

as much as i love and rate Gilmour, he's been playing the same solos for 40 years!! ;)

I've been playing it in my car non-stop since I bought it, so far so good :)

It's my favorite Floyd release since Animals. I wish they did more of this.. Film Scores etc.. nobody does it better..

It's also a wonderful tribute to the late Rick Wright and shows how important he was to Pink Floyd..

I've been playing it a lot, but only in 5.1, I've yet to hear it in stereo. I'm thinking it sounds a lot more like a Pink Floyd album than either AMLOR or TDB. Good album, I'm liking it so far.

So, what is all this animosity I am hearing here between Rick Wright & Roget Waters, I never knew there was a personal problem between them. I always thought it was a Gilmour vs. Waters thing that broke up the Floyd, a creative control deal.

So, what is all this animosity I am hearing here between Rick Wright & Roget Waters, I never knew there was a personal problem between them. I always thought it was a Gilmour vs. Waters thing that broke up the Floyd, a creative control deal.

Basicly while making 'The Wall', Roger fired Rick from the band due to rick not contributing much. Rick isn't on the Final cut at all.

Richard Wright was the only member of the band that made money on The 1980 Wall tour because he was on salary and the show cost a fortune to produce.

When he was 1st invited back into Pink Floyd by Nick Mason and David Gilmour during AMLOR, for various reasons, he stayed a salaried member instead of as a partner (at a modest 60,000 a week)

Not sure if this changed later on.. but from what I've read, he seemed to like the arrangement.

During The Wall sessions, Roger Waters demanded that Wright return from a vacation to go back in the studio. Wright told him to f*** off…

After this, Waters demanded Wright be fired or he wouldn't finish the album… Wright offered to stay on as a salaried player which Waters was fine with..

• 2 weeks later...

I like The Endless River...in my opinion it's the most "Pink Floyd" sounding thing they've done since Animals. It's also about as tasteful a tribute to Richard Wright as we could get. My only complaint is that Roger Waters should have been involved somehow, even if just to overdub his trademark two note octave jumping bass on some of the tracks...

David Gilmour joined the band Bombay Bicycle Club in London on Saturday December 13th to perform a rendition of Wish You Were Here and the bands own song Rinse Me Down.

The iconic Earls Court, where Pink Floyd have performed 27 times, is to be knocked down to make way for new development. This was the last concert to be performed at the venue so it was quite fitting that David joined the final performance there.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/david-gilmour-performs-with-bombay-bicycle-club-in-london?utm_source=emailcampaign324&utm_medium=phpList&utm_content=HTMLemail&utm_campaign=Watch+A+Couple+of+New+Videos+from+Roger+and+David

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So Roger Waters is re-releasing "Amused To Death" in 5.1 surround sound, on picture disc vinyl, and more this July, you can preorder now. I'm definitely getting one of these on Picture Disc vinyl!

Archived