Thunder Down Under (EVSD)

apantherfrommd

For those of you that can download a rar file, and don't mind an E-mail, feel free to pm me as to sample this yourself. Specify if you prefer flac, or wav. Offer's only good for the next 12 hours from this post.

The 12 hours is more than up. :bubble:

Surprised more Aussies didn't sign on for this freebie, but 1 is enough. I thank the mods for letting this one ride. The pleasure was all mine. I hope y'all enjoy.

Nice review! Any comments about the video? I'm curious to see what they included.

I credit this review to one of the most devoted collectors there can be. Excellent review, my friend. Don't freeze to death this Winter. :D

DVD: Immigrant Song*/Heartbreaker*/Black Dog*/Since I've Been Loving You*/Celebration Day*/Stairway To Heaven*/Going To California*/That's The Way*/Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp*/Dazed And Confused*/What Is And What Should Never Be*/Moby Dick*/Rock And Roll*/Whole Lotta Love medley incl .Boogie Chillun, The Rover*/Immigrant Song**/Black Dog**/Since I've Been Loving You**/Celebration Day**/Going To California**/Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp**/Dazed And Confused**/Moby Dick**/Rock And Roll**/ Heartbreaker***/Black Dog***/Dazed And Confused***/Thank You****/Miscellaneous scenes*****

The DVD disc is added as a bonus to the set and makes this release a very special gem. The only minor problems are the incompleteness of footages included, but assuming the fact that back in early 1970s no one had a chance to capture an entire show on video, this is a remarkable piece of rock history and pure delight for all LZ fans, having a chance to see the group live on stage! Four different amateur movies have surfaced from the Sydney show (I marked them from * to **** symbols) and all four have sound dubbed from actual concert, except for the parts where original soundtrack doesn’t exist (these short parts are dubbed from Brisbane show). The fourth (****) footage is supposed to be much longer but the complete copy is still in the hand of the taper. The fifth (*****) footage is allegedly taken from Melbourne and showing people arriving to the Kooyong stadium, also partially exploring stage and band’s equipment. Since we all know that seeing LZ on video is something outstanding, I need to say only that the idea of including all these films was really accurate and it's even more great to see also famous GTK footage (along with Sydney press party) attributed to this DVD.

(argenteumastrum, Dec 2013)

http://uuweb.led-zeppelin.us/new_releases.html

I'm listening to the new source of the 20th now. Here's a sentence you never thought you'd see:

Empress Valley Supreme Disc didn't apply enough EQ to the tape.

I actually had to give it a boost in Cool Edit Pro to really get it to live up to the title "So Loud, So Hot". The recording was simply too quiet. (EVSD, if you're reading this, don't take that the wrong way. I'd rather have it too quiet than brickwalled to hell.) Otherwise, it's a nice sounding tape and a legitimate upgrade to what was previously available.

Edited by Sue Dounim

I'm listening to the new source of the 20th now. Here's a sentence you never thought you'd see:

Empress Valley Supreme Disc didn't apply enough EQ to the tape.

I actually had to give it a boost in Cool Edit Pro to really get it to live up to the title "So Loud, So Hot". The recording was simply too quiet. (EVSD, if you're reading this, don't take that the wrong way. I'd rather have it too quiet than brickwalled to hell.) Otherwise, it's a nice sounding tape and a legitimate upgrade to what was previously available.

Anything they did, it sounds really good.

• 6 years later...