The Brew UK

Stormbringer

Hi, there is plenty of topics with Rival Sons and how they are the new Led Zeppelin etc. There has also been discussed Wolfmother and other bands in this context. Because these bands are all great, I want to introduce this one to you fellas who might not know them yet...

I just recently discovered them and they are called The Brew, they are from UK. They just played here in Czech Republic and I could not miss their only gig here... and... they were AWESOME.

I have seen Rival Sons like a month ago and they were great, no doubt, but I dare say that The Brew were even better. I do think that guys from Rival Sons are still the better musicians (not that The Brew would not be great on their individual instruments, but if I should mention one, then the bass guitarists ARE on a different level musically, for sure!), but what makes The Brew so great is the chemistry and the style they play and the passion they play with. Its a big show too when they play...

If you dont know them, look them up on youtube. If you do know them... what do you think? And since the guys showed a lot of love for Led Zeppelin on their concert, I think that they might even be a members here on this forum :). At least I would guess so... they qouted Led Zeppelin multiple times during their concert - a bow guitar solo, drummer solo finished with bare hands followed by Moby Dick when rest of band joined, Bring It On Home riff, Boogie Chillun, Dazed and Confused, Whole Lotta Love... their love for Led Zeppelin was apparent...

So, what do you think guys? The Brew... good or great? :))).

I listened to some of them on YouTube, I hear influences of bad company, Hendrix, Rory and van halen....but not zeppelin. Yeah they are very good, but I didn't hear a song that'd make me want to buy an album, good live material though.

I kind of agree. I listened to some of their studio stuff and live performances are SO MUCH BETTER. They seem to be the rough live band. And I am fine with that ;).

You would have to be there at that gig. It screams Led Zeppelin all over the place, starting with the gong the drummer have and ending with playing Led Zep tunes of course...

Archived