is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins, is it better to burn out or fade away?

weslgarlic

Barry: Rob, top five musical crimes perpetuated by Stevie Wonder in the '80s and '90s. Go. Sub-question: is it in fact unfair to criticize a formerly great artist for his latter day sins, is it better to burn out or fade away?

high fidelity

basically crap songs by otherwise great artists

Stevie Wonder - I Just Called To Say I Love You

Jeff Beck - Hi Ho Silver Lining

Paul McCartney & The Frog Chorus - We all stand together

It's a deep mystery how a man of musical genius like Stevie could write Higher Ground, As, Superstition, Sir Duke, I Wish... and then the truly atrocious I Just Called. Did he need the dough? Was he desperate for a hit, fried on drugs, what?

I never understood the question as it's posed like a contrast, as if they're clearly different states. There are plenty of burn-out cases whose careers faded long ago. Sly Stone is a particularly tragic example, as DD pointed out. Great song though.

I never understood the question as it's posed like a contrast, as if they're clearly different states. There are plenty of burn-out cases whose careers faded long ago. Sly Stone is a particularly tragic example, as DD pointed out. Great song though.

I don't think the 1980's was a good period for a lot of artists , but many have had returns to form . even Elton John

Archived