Jimmy's 1961 Stratocaster Up For Sale

kenog

Oh snap, I forgot I had a picture of Jimmy's Strat from the November 1982 issue of Guitar Heroes.

1957_fender_strat_02.jpg

The eBay Strat has a rosewood neck, this has maple, plus the tremolo bar tip is a different, plus some HEAVY wear and tear on the body for a guitar that seems like it's been only used in the studio in the past 30 years.

Yeah, you could go out on a limb and say that the neck and tip were replaced. I seriously doubt that's the case though.

EDIT: I was reading the emails from the seller. He also says he has a Resonet Grazioso in their inventory that he believe's is JP's as well. Where is the "slap my head" emoticon?

While it doesn't seem remotely plausible that this was once JPP's guitar, let's just pretend that it was for a moment, If JPP read this thread and realizing that it was indeed his old guitar, would he do the ebay thing and buy it back? Or since he had gotten rid of it once before, would he just read it and move on? I'd like to think that Jimmy would get a bit nostologic and want to buy it back BUT then again, I'd also like to think that JPP's such a generous man (Which we all know he is read, Casa Jimmy.) that he would just let it go and let a fan buy it! Just letting my mind wander a bit this evening! Any thoughts? Did I just commit an attempted thread hijacking? My bad if I did.

I wouldn't say that you hijacked this thread. They are very valid valid questions. I will stop you however and say that the seller has basically said that no, this wasn't JPs Strat and that was only a prop for IMGL.

He did send a series of photos of the Resonet Grazioso today. With only one picture of the guitar and Jimmy Page to reference, it's a tough one to say no, this is not JP's Grazioso. Plus, Jimmy was on record by saying. "I just started exchanging and getting better and better ones. I think the second one I had was a Fender Stratocaster, and that was the first good guitar I ever had."

Hey there, I have only posted on here a couple of times, but I follow you guys all the time. I HAD to comment on this one! Music Ground are the ones selling this guitar. Those guys are the most infamous crooks in the business! They have scammed thousands of people including famous musicians. Justin is the son. The dad and him have been charged and convicted several times for this. They have a whole crew that makes phony vintage guitars. I bet they saw the It Might Get Loud footage and used that to get the dings and scratches in the right place. I wanna know how these guys are still in business! Do a google search on them. It's crazy!

I forgot to clarify something. I believe the guitar for sale is not JP's and I believe it is not even a 1961 stratocaster. I think it is a music ground special fakeocaster. The 1982 photo is Jimmy's 1957 strat. He has the '57, the '60's lake placid blue strat, and the '61 that is in IMGL. Which I don't think anybody really knew of until the movie came out. I know he had some modern strats in the '90's for the page and plant stuff. Knowing Jimmy, he's probably got many more.

Hey there, I have only posted on here a couple of times, but I follow you guys all the time. I HAD to comment on this one! Music Ground are the ones selling this guitar. Those guys are the most infamous crooks in the business! They have scammed thousands of people including famous musicians. Justin is the son. The dad and him have been charged and convicted several times for this. They have a whole crew that makes phony vintage guitars. I bet they saw the It Might Get Loud footage and used that to get the dings and scratches in the right place. I wanna know how these guys are still in business! Do a google search on them. It's crazy!

Thanks for filling in the dots about this sale, I guess my guitar playing chums would already know about this bunch.

Archived