Celebration Day to be aired on US television

SozoZoso

I found this advertised on my Facebook,

HUGE CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! Led Zeppelin Official's "Celebration Day" makes its U.S. television debut on AXS TV SUNDAY, NOV. 24 AT 8 P.M. ET

The legendary 2007 concert film airs on AXS TV Concerts every night at 8pE starting on 11/24 through Thanksgiving!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151734500111864&set=a.10150187580486864.307767.9015511863&type=1&theater

Fantastic!! Thanks for this SozoZoso.

HUGE CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT!!! Led Zeppelin Official's "Celebration Day" makes its U.S. television debut on AXS TV SUNDAY, NOV. 24 AT 8 P.M. ET

The legendary 2007 concert film airs on AXS TV Concerts every night at 8pE starting on 11/24 through Thanksgiving!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151734500111864&set=a.10150187580486864.307767.9015511863&type=1&theater

That is good news, however, I have Time Warner as my cable provider and have over 500 (?) channels to choose from but I don't know if I have AXS TV. I have never even heard of AXS TV.

It does not matter anyway as I have had two different dvd bootleg copies of the 2007 O2 Reunion since about 2008-2009 and I bought the legit deluxe edition of "Celebration Day" the day it was officially released.

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/smallscreen/news/article_1718635.php/Led-Zeppelin-rings-in-Thanksgiving-on-AXS-TV-details#sthash.6nkoKOw7.dpuf

Led Zeppelin's "Celebration Day" Concert Film Makes its US TVlb_icon1.png Debut on AXS TV, Nov. 24!

Thanksgiving takes on a whole new meaning as AXS TV brings us classicicon1.png rockers Led Zeppelin to TV with the premiere of Led Zeppelin's Celebration Day concert film.

Recorded live at London's O2 Arena on December 10, 2007, the film captures a two-hour-plus tour de force of the band’s signature blues-infused rock ’n’ roll that instantly became part of the legend of Led Zeppelin.

Founding members John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page and Robert Plant were joined by Jason Bonham, the son of their late drummer John Bonham, to perform 16 songs from their celebrated catalog including landmark tracks “Whole Lotta Love,” “Rock And Roll,” “Kashmir,” and “Stairway To Heaven.”

Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band’s first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.

The historic concert will premiere on AXS TV CONCERTS, Sunday, Nov. 24 at 8-10 p.m. ET (5-7 p.m. PT). There will be encore broadcasts every night of the week at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT from Monday, Nov. 25 through Thursday, Nov. 28, Thanksgiving.

The concert premiered theatrically last year and is also available on Blu-Ray, DVD, CD, vinyl, and digital download, but has never been seen on television prior to its debut on AXS TV.

“Led Zeppelin is such an integral part of the musical landscape and evolution of rock ‘n’ roll,” said AXS TV founder Mark Cuban. “Making such a landmark performanceicon1.png accessible to millions of households is one of the ways AXS TV intends to bring music back to television.”

Following heralded premieres in New York, London, Berlin, and Tokyo, Celebration Day made its theatrical debut in 40 countries and over 1,500 screens. The concert was then released in multiple audio and videoicon1.png formats and shot to the top of charts worldwide. To date, Celebration Day has sold over 2 million copies worldwide.

Bringing music back to television, AXS TV, launched in July of 2012 by visionary entrepreneur Mark Cuban, has created a one-of-a-kind, live television environment for entertainment and other cutting-edge trends. For more information, visit the website, www.axs.tv; and follow the company on Twitter, @axstv

:

hmm,never heard of that channel

AXS TV --- formerly known as HDNET TV.

AXS TV (pronounced "access") is an entertainment television channel in the United States. The network is owned by a consortium consisting of AXS TV LLC (a company founded by investor Mark Cuban in 2001), Ryan Seacrest (through Ryan Seacrest Media), Anschutz Entertainment Group, and Creative Artists Agency, a move that saw the channel re-brand from HDNet on July 2, 2012.

On January 18, 2012, HDNet announced a joint venture with TV/radio personality/producer Ryan Seacrest, entertainment company/promoter Anschutz Entertainment Group, and talent agency Creative Artists Agency, a deal that would see AEG, CAA, and Ryan Seacrest Media purchase a share of the network (with Cuban also retaining ownership); as a result, the network rebranded on July 2, 2012 as AXS TV, a name taken from AEG's ticket sales site AXS. With the purchase and rebranding, the channel will gradually shift emphasis to a mix of entertainment news, lifestyle, pop culture, and in-concert performance events.

Alongside the re-branding, Dish Network also announced that it would expand the channel's distribution to non-HD customers through a downconverted standard definition feed. The channel was moved to channel 131 in Spring 2012, allowing it to be available to at least 14 million Dish Network subscribers upon its re-launch as AXS TV. Through its relationship with AEG, AXS TV also plans to offer special promotions on concerts to Dish Network users who have subscribed to the channel.

Although this link says subscribe, it just simly tells you where AXS TV can be found: http://www.axs.tv/subscribe/

• 4 weeks later...

Just a reminder for those folks who don't have "Celebration Day" on DVD yet and didn't see it in the theatres that you can watch it on TV beginning this Sunday. They are also giving away cool prizes!!!

Led Zeppelin Premieres in 4 Days + Giveaways!
November 20, 2013

lz_post1.jpg

Screen-Shot-2013-11-20-at-5.42.51-PM.png

200 million albums sold. 30 world tours. 4 Grammy awards. The numbers speak for themselves: Led Zeppelin is rock royalty. And AXS TV is so excited to be hosting the PREMIERE of their legendary reunion concert at London’s O2 Arena, this Sunday at 8 ET|5 PT, that we’re playing it for 5 NIGHTS STRAIGHT, plus giving away our most prized Zeppelin possessions to fellow fans. This is a television event you can’t miss!

Gotta a whole lotta love for Zepp? Sign up here for your chance to win 1 of 3 exclusive prize packs. And keep the comments coming on Facebook and Twitter with #axsLEDZEP.

Join us Sunday at 8 ET|5 PT for a front row seat to Led Zeppelin’s first headline show in 27 years,
never before seen on TV!

———————————————————

Edited by Strider