AEROSMITH

bengoalie21ledzepp

Of all the things Aerosmith is, hardcore is not one of them. They have a few good songs and two well regarded albums but seriously, they are not by any definition 'hardcore'.

I've see both groups live. Aerosmith had a great gig each time I saw them. They were full of energy but Floyd puts on a greater show. It is an event. They had a full string section countless back up singers and incredible set design. Plu the music is overwhelmingly electrifying. If you compare the two it's like seing a broadway show with Floyd and a elemenatry Christmas paegent with 'smith. You'll enjoy both but they are not on the same level. Give this Aerosmith krap a break.

I'd compare it more to a broadway show to a local hometown play. And the local town play doesn't have a better set up but it hass better acting and a better story line. Broad way = floyd, local=aerosmith.

aerosmith is hard core and STeven still has a memorable voice. But not as memorable any more. HOW DAR e you call aerosmith ssoft though. go listen to love in an elavator on same old song and dance right now .

To be honest, I hate to argue over personal taste but, those two songs are probably, in my opinion, some of their worst!

Sorry man! i just can't stand them... it's too... cheezy.

But on the other hand, Live Bootleg is one of my favorite live record!

I'd compare it more to a broadway show to a local hometown play. And the local town play doesn't have a better set up but it hass better acting and a better story line. Broad way = floyd, local=aerosmith.

Really? This is your explanation?

How about this:

Floyd is the zealous priest and Aerosmith is the disturbed hobo with a cardboard sign that says "the end is near."

Really? This is your explanation?

How about this:

Floyd is the zealous priest and Aerosmith is the disturbed hobo with a cardboard sign that says "the end is near."

I've seen him on the street yesterday.

I gave him some spare change and something to eat.

It was really heart breaking to look at him. He was struggling to survive. B)

I think it's futile to compare artists, much less Pink Floyd and Aerosmith, two bands with vastly different styles. As to who's "better", I don't listen to music in those terms. I have favorites but music isn't a competition, at least not to me.

Can't say I care much for latter day Aerosmith. There may be a few moments of brillance but they're few and far between to my ears. They seemed to start going south around the time of their first reunion with Joe Perry and have largely gone downhill from there becoming more and more MTV friendly with each new release as well as more reliance on "power ballads" to ensure multi-format airplay. As for a live act, the last (and only) time I saw them (Get A Grip Tour) they were still among the most kickass on the planet.

Better is a question of taste...I have taste so obviously Aerosmith, while fun, isn't on the same league as Floyd, Zeppelin, etc.

It's worth noting that Aerosmith didn't write all of their 'comeback' hits themselves. They relied on the 'help' of professional songwriters like Desmnd Child who co-wrote hits for Bon Jovi as well. "Dude(looks Like a Lady)", "Ragdoll", "Pink", "Crazy", "Amazing", "Livin on the Edge", "Shut Up and Dance"(Written with the guy from Styx!),

Check it out at thier writers society HERE

That turd from Armageddon is written entirely by Dianne Warren...

Also really, really important is that Joe Perry and Brad Whitford didn't do many of the famous guitar parts on the 70s era stuff, nameley Get Your Wings, the solo on "train kept a rolling" is Dick Wagner and Steve Hunter. They were the official touch up guys for the 70s. Kiss, Lou Reed, Alice Cooper. Lots, rarely credited. Super talented guys.

EDIT for name correction and links

Dick Wagner Website

Steve Hunter Website

aerosmith is hard core and STeven still has a memorable voice. But not as memorable any more. HOW DAR e you call aerosmith ssoft though. go listen to love in an elavator on same old song and dance right now .

Trust me, any band that performs at halftime during the Super Bowl is mainstream, and decidedly NOT hardcore.

Aerosmith and Jon Bon Jovi are shooting at the same target audience, middle class caucasian 40-somethings who still want to get their rock on, only watered down.

Trust me, any band that performs at halftime during the Super Bowl is mainstream, and decidedly NOT hardcore.

Aerosmith and Jon Bon Jovi are shooting at the same target audience, middle class caucasian 40-somethings who still want to get their rock on, only watered down.

EXACTLY!!! The same guy who helped Bon Jovi write "Livin' On A Prayer" helped Aerosmith write "Dude Looks Like A Lady", "I was Made For Loving You" by Kiss and "Livin La Vida Loca" for Ricky Martin.

I think they're pretty good, although their 80's and 90's music was pretty bad- too pop. I've seen them a few times and every time I was really impressed, they put on a good show. I have some pics I took if anyone is interested.

EXACTLY!!! The same guy who helped Bon Jovi write "Livin' On A Prayer" helped Aerosmith write "Dude Looks Like A Lady", "I was Made For Loving You" by Kiss and "Livin La Vida Loca" for Ricky Martin.

What a nauseating set of tunes..... :o

I like Aerosmith quite a bit but they are far from being my favorite band. I have Toys in the Attic but I've never really listened to it other than 'Walk This Way', 'Big Ten Inch Record', and 'Sweet Emotion'. I also have their two disc greatest hits and I enjoy listening to all their early stuff. I've never really listened to Pink Floyd (it's been a goal but I just haven't gotten around to it yet) so I can't help in the debate over Pink Floyd/Aerosmith.

And as far as my rankings go they'd be about 8th in my list..... behind the Beatles and Led Zeppelin, Guns N Roses, Van Halen, Queen, the 'Stones, and AC/DC

Dude,

Put down the crack pipe and syrige...you can't be serious! What are you basing your augment on? Steve Tyler's lip size?

I've seen Led Zep twice (1975 and 1977) and Arosmith (1985 and 1995). First of all, you can't companre the two bands...its a rediculs aurgument becuase they are vastly different on every level. However, if you really wanted to have the conversation, let's start with each band members indivudual talent, writing, arranging and producing skills. Indiviudally and as a whole, Led Zep is light years ahead of the boys from bean town. End of conversation.

Ok, your free to pick-up the pipe and trip your life away.

I saw some posters comparing Pink Floyd and Aerosmith but not Zeppelin and Aerosmith so maybe I missed it. It's pointless to compare two artists anyway but Zep and Aerosmith definitely have more in common than Aerosmith and Pink Floyd. I mean, Tyler wasn't asked to induct Zep into the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame for nothing. The groups definitely have similar roots.

Dude,

Put down the crack pipe and syrige...you can't be serious! What are you basing your augment on? Steve Tyler's lip size?

I've seen Led Zep twice (1975 and 1977) and Arosmith (1985 and 1995). First of all, you can't companre the two bands...its a rediculs aurgument becuase they are vastly different on every level. However, if you really wanted to have the conversation, let's start with each band members indivudual talent, writing, arranging and producing skills. Indiviudally and as a whole, Led Zep is light years ahead of the boys from bean town. End of conversation.

Ok, your free to pick-up the pipe and trip your life away.

First part lol. But i not comparing aerosmith to led zeppelin. I 'm not stupid to say aerosmith is better than led zepp. We all know zepp is better.

I've never really listened to Pink Floyd (it's been a goal but I just haven't gotten around to it yet) so I can't help in the debate over Pink Floyd/Aerosmith.

I highly recommend starting with Animals, that one is my favorite. I always had a hard time getting into them until Animals. Love that Album.

Archived