AEROSMITH

bengoalie21ledzepp

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler Speaks Out From Rehab

aerosmith_02l.gif

Aerosmith

Jonathan Cohen, N.Y.

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has made his first public statement after entering a rehab facility earlier this month.

To read the article click here

Best American band?

Somewhere in between the Dead and the Allman Bros.

and The Mothers

Not really fair to compare them to the Allman Bros as you are comparing hard rock to southern rock. I dont think you can really say one band was the BEST American Band ever. You could narrow it down to several. Allman Bros, Eagles, Aerosmith, and CCR? And do you consider Henrix to be an American band? And lets not forget the Beach Boys. They were great!

The Band American or Canadian as all of the members except for Levon Helm hailed from Canada. Even if they are officially considered Canadian the music they made definitely had it's roots in American musical styles.

I always assumed The Band was made of mostly members from Canada, but read somewhere that some actually came from Australia. Of course, with so many Aussies posting here, that must be my mistake?

Right yall. AErosmith is the 2nd best band of all time. Sign if you agree then would come the Rolling stones.!

That's your opinion. I like them also but........."dream on" there are a shit load of old school bands that were better than them. Here are a few that I think are better: Deep purple, Heep, Tull, Hendrix, Doors, Pink Floyd, Sabbath, Ozzy, Maiden, Janis and of course you know who to name a few. But, that is my humble opinion. These guys kicked ass and some stil are, including Aerosmith, but second best........come on.

• 1 month later...
I think that a true TOP 5 is something like Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink floyd and Queen, not in order. Aerosmith is very cool, but is far away from it.

I would hope everyone's top 5 wouldn't be exactly the same. Mine would probably be more like (and this is just bands, not individual artists):

Beatles

R.E.M.

Grateful Dead

Little Feat

Bob Marley and the Wailers

I've been reading all the posts here carefully, all I can add is that if 'Smith is NOT somewhere at the top there, to say that "they don't even come close enuff" to the other bands mentioned above or "I'll take this band or that" over Aerosmith anyday is underrating it a wee too much.....to say the least.

Rob

I would hope everyone's top 5 wouldn't be exactly the same. Mine would probably be more like (and this is just bands, not individual artists):

Beatles

R.E.M.

Grateful Dead

Little Feat

Good list Jahfin. Mine would be this:

1. Led Zeppelin

2. Pink Floyd

3. The Doors

4. The Rolling Stones

5. The Beatles

I dig that you have The Dead on your list but they aren't in my top 5. Probably 7th after The Velvet Underground

Aerosmith would be lucky to crack the top 10 US bands

GnR, Pearl Jam, Tool, Allmans, Skynyrd, Black Crowes, The Mars Volta, STP, Metallica, RHCP would all smash Aerosmith if you gave them grades on their music.

Aerosmith have some good tunes, but they also have a pretty hefty portion of crap, and pretty well no originality.

Aerosmith would be lucky to crack the top 10 US bands

GnR, Pearl Jam, Tool, Allmans, Skynyrd, Black Crowes, The Mars Volta, STP, Metallica, RHCP would all smash Aerosmith if you gave them grades on their music.

Aerosmith have some good tunes, but they also have a pretty hefty portion of crap, and pretty well no originality.

The only CRAP I heard in the last years was by Metallica...actually :)!

I used to be a huge Aerosmith fan. It sort of dwindled over the years, and then caught them again recently on the tour they did with Motley Crue. I was so impressed, and had forgotten how good they were live. Steven, especially with his backflips. :lol:

Beatles

R.E.M.

Grateful Dead

Little Feat

Little Feat deserve their own thread. They are that good...

I think that a true TOP 5 is something like Led Zeppelin, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Pink floyd and Queen, not in order. Aerosmith is very cool, but is far away from it.

Take Queen off the list and add The Who and you've got it. Queen, though popular, were never as relevant or influential as the others.

Joe Perry was one of the best in the 70's, but that was then!

Way to commerical now! Too bad. :blink:

Aerosmith's going 'commercial' is never wimpy though....like some other bands I read in posts up here B):o

Rob

Mine too. It's actually one of my favorite songs by them. Period. It's very good. Up there with Train Kept a Rollin', Same Old Song and Dance, Last Child, Mama Kin, Back in the Saddle, Walkin' the Dog, and a bunch of other good songs.

I stand by my comments on page 6. Good band - yes. Entertaining band - yes. Good videos - yes! One of the greatest - no. Second to Zep - excuse me I just threw up a little in my mouth.

Try Alka - Seltzer :D:D:D

• 6 months later...

From the Aero Force camp:

Joe Perry is recovering after an infection set in his new knee replacement. After that they are back in the studio and on to tour spring/early summer. :thumbsup:

I'm not going to miss them this time.

Talk about survivors who don't give up! :bravo:

Archived