AEROSMITH

bengoalie21ledzepp

I'll take Lynyrd Skynyrd over Aerosmith every time.

My favourite American band.

I also will take Lynyrd Skynyrd over Aerosmith

And Skynyrd is not even my favorite American band by a long shot. I saw both bands in 87 (2 weeks apart) and Skynyrd blew Aerosmith away.

Right yall. AErosmith is the 2nd best band of all time. Sign if you agree then would come the Rolling stones.!

How's it going "bengoalie21ledzepp" as well as our fellow die hard hard core ZEPPELIN fanatics? I hope that all is still well with all of you. As for myself, I have been very busy working 12 hour workdays which can really wear you down. This is an interesting thread. I love AEROSMITH dearly, I have seen them live a least four times that comes to mind. However, I have never seen or heard anything about AEROSMITH being voted the second best band of all-time. What source did you get this information from? In my opinion, the Top 5 all-time greatest bands are as follows:

(1.) THE BEATLES

(2.) LED ZEPPELIN

(3.) THE ROLLING STONES

(4.) THE JIMI HENDRIX EXPERIENCE

(5.) THE WHO

ROCK ON!

I'm in work and can't be bothered to explain properly but I've always felt that there is a major major difference between bands like Zeppelin, The Doors, The Stones, Pink Floyd etc and bands like Aerosmith, Bon Jovi, AC/DC, Guns N Roses etc.

The latter group just don't do it for me. I guess maybe I see the first group (plus many more I can't type right now) as kinda timeless and then the latter types as just a product of their own time and therefore they are now totally outdated?

Obviously just my opinion, but I can't take them seriously...

They're also one of the best live shows to this very day...regardless of age

Damn, finally something I agree with you on! :DB)

I agree, they give it ALL to their fans.

And as far as "timeless" goes...well, they've stayed together, and are still performing. I'd say that's pretty good in the business of rock. Particularly American bands.

• 3 months later...

I myself love the Aerosmith of the 70's. The first album is way underrated, I just wish it had been produced by someone else. It has a great groove to it, but the true energy just doesn't seem to come across on the recording. ROCKS is pure genius, but the one that grabs me still is Get Your Wings, it just seems darker than their other releases. Toys in the Attic is just a plain good time. This band is just plain in your face no holds barred rock-n-roll, and deserve some credit for their body of work, longevity, and their ability to kick your ass during live shows. Their recent work was some good music there, though I could do without the ballads myself. Honkin' With Bobo was the first release of theirs, in years that I just had to have, and I wasn't disappointed. The old blues standards sounded great. That said I still don't have them in my top ten, let alone second to Led Zeppelin. My top ten in no paticular order, and even this changes depending on my mood, but not by much.

Led Zeppelin

Pink Floyd

The Beatles

The Doors

Fleetwood Mac

Black Sabbath

Deep Purple

Uriah Heep

The Who

Hendrix

I like Aerosmith,but they are not that great as,like everyone said it:Floyd,Beatles,Stones,Who...

Aerosmith's career wasn't that great in the 80s.

I would never count them second on my list of favorite bands,but maybe in top 15.

I like Aerosmith. One of my favorite bands. But I don't think they're better than most of the bands you mentioned, like The Beatles. It's all a matter of taste. My favorite albums are: Toys In The Attic, Rocks, Aerosmith, Get Your Wing and later albums like Get A Grip. My favorite songs are: "Sweet Emotion", "Dram On", "Walk This Way", "Amazing", "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" and others.

• 1 month later...

I had no plans to go but they cancelled their recent Raleigh show with ZZ Top. I loved them back in the 70s but never saw them until the Get A Grip Tour and at Woodstock '94. They were great live but I don't really care for the vast majority of the material they've done post-Night In the Ruts, particularly the absolute shit they churned out that was aimed directly at the MTV demographic.

Yes, Sept 14 at MSG.

Cool.

But this isn't:

Aerosmith's Steven Tyler falls from stage in SD

Published: 8/6/09, 7:25 AM EDT

By CARSON WALKER

RAPID CITY, S.D. (AP) - Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler was airlifted to a hospital after falling from stage during a concert at the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in western South Dakota.

Tyler, 61, fell while entertaining the crowd by dancing around after the sound system failed during the song "Love In an Elevator," said Mike Sanborn, spokesman for the Buffalo Chip Campground, which hosted the outdoor concert.

Tyler was on the stage's catwalk when he fell backward onto a couple of fans in the middle of what was a record crowd, Sanborn said. Security rushed to help him and the crowd cheered when Tyler got back up.

"He was good natured about it," Sanborn said. "He was in good spirits when he got in the helicopter. He was talking and joking with the physician."

"It was an unfortunate end to an extraordinary evening."

Tyler suffered minor head and neck injuries and a shoulder injury, but it wasn't immediately clear how serious that was, he said.

Tyler was taken backstage and around 12:15 a.m., Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry came out to tell the audience Tyler was being taken to the hospital and that the show would not go on.

It happened about halfway through the performance, Sanborn said.

"He does a lot of dancing on the stage and he does a lot of stuff with his mike stand. He put his stand down and twirled around and stepped backwards off the stage," he said.

Sanborn said Tyler was attended to on site by a physician and flown to Rapid City Regional Hospital, the only major hospital in the region.

Jennifer Horton, the hospital's vice president of public relations and marketing, said early Thursday that Tyler wasn't in the hospital directory. Under the privacy laws, that means the person is either not there or chose not to be included in the directory, according to the hospital's Web site.

Tyler attended Sturgis last year to promote his Dirico Motorcycles line and was back this year to do that again and play at the Buffalo Chip.

Fans were disappointed the concert was cut short but hoped Tyler was OK.

Lance Yellow Robe, who said he was 8 eight feet from the stage when Tyler fell off, told the Rapid City Journal "you could kind of see it coming because he was dancing all over the stage.

"I hope he's OK," Yellow Robe said. "I could care less about the concert being canceled."

And the audience goes:free-scared-smileys-306.gif

Yeesh! :o I hope he's alright.

:peace:,

Jo

I don't really care for the vast majority of the material they've done post-Night In the Ruts, particularly the absolute shit they churned out that was aimed directly at the MTV demographic.

We don't have much decent music on CDs, so I was thrilled when my wife asked for some Aerosmith for a birthday present one year. She opened up "Toys in the Attic" and "Get Your Wings", then threw them aside and said "These don't have the GOOD songs on them"...

Sounds like they're having a rough tour as far as physical injuries/hospital time. Sorta like R.E.M.'s tour for Monster when everyone was eventually hospitalized except for Peter Buck.

Really. Aerosmith's been like a baseball team lately, with members on the DL(Disabled List)and having to bring in spare members. Again, yeesh! :(

:peace:,

Jo

Aerosmith certainly has earned respect for making one of the biggest comebacks in rock history, and for still going strong for all these years.

They were once extremely washed up, became popular again, and stayed there.

True, they haven't been able to match their albums of the 70's,

but Done with Mirrors and Permanent Vacation were good albums, and they have always been a strong live band.

Many criticize them for going commercial, but when they decided to go back to their blues rock roots and release Honkin on Bobo, nobody bought the CD.

Can't win sometimes.

Personally, I thought Done With Mirrors was absolute crap. It was their actual comeback album yet many people considered it to be Permanent Vacation since it was more successful commercially. As for Honkin' On Bobo, it may have been a return to their roots but they seem to promise that with each new record (including their next one) but never delivered on that promise. That's probably why so many people passed on it. Same with ZZ Top, Gibbons keeps saying their next album is going to be "a return to the greasepit" but it never seems to occur. Maybe working with the Black Keys and Rick Rubin on their latest record will actually result in something noteworthy. Otherwise, like Aerosmith, they can still bring it live.

Last night Tyler was air-lifted out of a gig in Sturgis, SD after a fall off the stage.

He suffered head, neck, and shoulder injuries.

No official report on the extent of the injuries.

He was said to be joking with docs on-board the air med flight.

One post on Aerosmith's site said he would be at the scheduled gig tonight, but it wasn't an official statement.

Poor Steve. :(

Oh the irony! :slapface:

Seriously! During Love in an Elevator???

Love in an elevator

Livin it up whn Im goin down

Love in an elevator

Lovin it up till I hit the ground

In the air, in the air, honey one more time

Now it aint fair

Love in an elevator

Lovin it up when Im goin down

Love in an elevator

Goin down

Unfortunate and ironic. Get well soon Steven.

Archived