AEROSMITH

bengoalie21ledzepp

Last night Tyler was air-lifted out of a gig in Sturgis, SD after a fall off the stage.

He suffered head, neck, and shoulder injuries.

No official report on the extent of the injuries.

He was said to be joking with docs on-board the air med flight.

One post on Aerosmith's site said he would be at the scheduled gig tonight, but it wasn't an official statement.

Poor Steve. :(

I read about that today... I hope everything's ok with him. This whole tour for them has seemed plagued so far.

Two decent tracks hardly a strong album makes. Still, it is a curio for those wishing to bridge the gap between Rock In A Hard Place and Permanent Vacation. Otherwise I think Done With Mirrors has earned a well deserved spot in the cut-out bins.

I use to love me some Joe Perry Project but the dude needs to stay away from the mic (as evidenced by his vocal turn on Honkin' On Bobo)

Conflicting reports this AM.

A press conference yesterday in Winnipeg, said the next shows would go on and they would look for another date for Winnipeg.

Then, Joe's wife Billie, posted on her Twitter that Steven had broken his shoulder and was very sore. She said Joe's in Boston and plans to go on promoting his own new stuff. :huh:

I can't believe Steve's security let him lay there before jumping down to help him...fkers. <_<

It's on you tube.

Shoulder injuries can be SO painful. I wish him a speedy recovery.

On a side note:

I was looking through Aero's message board and saw a disturbing story. A woman who was a staunch fan and regular poster on the message board was murdered by some psycho trucker serial killer. Her story was featured on Dateline NBC, along with the other victims.

So sad. She was very pretty and a really sweet gal. :(

Sorry if I seem obsessed but the current news is: Broken shoulder.

Accidentally tweeted by Mrs. Perry. Joe finally said the tour is up in the air. Steve would be out four to eight weeks.

Mia Tyler also confirmed this on her twitter.

Poor guy.

Also ...Rorer bought some Aerosmith guitar pick earrings. :lol::D

Sorry if I seem obsessed but the current news is: Broken shoulder.

Accidentally tweeted by Mrs. Perry. Joe finally said the tour is up in the air. Steve would be out four to eight weeks.

Mia Tyler also confirmed this on her twitter.

Poor guy.

Also ...Rorer bought some Aerosmith guitar pick earrings. :lol::D

Fucking great. I'm supposed to see them on Sept. 12. I'm guessing this show might not happen now. I should have gotten tickets to Kings of Leon that night instead. Oh well. Get better Steven.

Bummer about the fall, get well soon Steven. I saw them on 08/1/09, great show. Aerosmith is among my personal faves, love 'em. Personally I think think they get too much crap for being commercial or MTV friendly. Especially when they aren't the only ones guilty of that, look no further than every other aging classic rock era musician for more examples of that. It happens and I can't think of one band or artist that has ever maintained the same level of intensity they had when they were in their prime be it Aerosmith, Robert Plant or the Stones. It's part of getting old, I know I don't move as fast as I once did nor am I as intense as I once was. Funny how so many hold the bands we like or don't like to a standard we aren't capable of maintaining ourselves.

I just wish they would make an announcement about the tour soon. Realistically, I can't see Steve being able to be "Steve" with a busted shoulder in only 4 weeks. Very painful injury with the rehab being awful also. Poor guy.

I'm surprised there hasn't been one word on their news section on their site.

Only the day it happened.

A lot of people shelled out some serious dough for those VIP packages, and they are left out in the dark. Many were coming from as far away as Australia, hotels lined up, plans. Sucks for them.

But, the main thing is Steve is alive and hopefully will mend well.

Prayers for him and Tom, from his second round with throat cancer.

Some tough hombres I must say.

AEROSMITH have canceled the remainder of their summer tour

Due to injuries Steven Tyler sustained last week when he fell from the stage during a concert in Sturgis, South Dakota, doctors have advised the lead singer to take the time to properly recuperate from the accident that resulted in a broken shoulder and stitches to his head. In his current condition, Tyler is unable to tour and the band wants to give him time to get healthy.

Ticket refunds for the rest of the tour dates with special guests ZZ TOP will be available at point of purchase.

Tyler fell from the stage during the August 5 show that was part of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in Western South Dakota. The mishap occurred while he was dancing during the band's "Love in an Elevator". Tyler was subsequently airlifted to a hospital and then returned to Boston to consult with his own doctors.

AEROSMITH — Steven Tyler (vocals), Joe Perry (guitar), Brad Whitford (guitar), Tom Hamilton (bass) and Joey Kramer (drums) — want to thank all their fans for their incredible ongoing support and understanding at this time.

"Words can't express the sadness I feel for having to cancel this tour," says Joe Perry. "I would like to thank our loyal fans for sticking by us through thick and thin and all the good energy they are sending our way. We hope we can get the AEROSMITH machine up and running again as soon as possible. I sure am going to miss playing with ZZ TOP just as I'm sure the fans are going to miss seeing them playing with us as well. Hope to see you sooner than later." Joe adds, "My hat's off to our crew for putting up with this crazy stop and start tour. In my estimation, it was one of the best-looking and best-run tours we've ever had. Us road dawgs will meet again. May your wheels keep turning and your load-ins stay smooth."

"All of us here in the AEROSMITH organization and all of the people who contribute to making our shows possible are in a state of shock," Brad Whitford says. "We never anticipated this tour coming to such a swift and unfortunate ending. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Steven for a speedy recovery and return to good health."

Very disappointed to hear that they cancelled the tour instead of rescheduling for later this year/early next year, but I guess it was best to cancel instead of leaving everybody waiting for the rescheduled dates. This way, Steven can take all the necessary time to heal, and hopefully Aerosmith will get back on tour sometime next year.

• 2 months later...

I'm almost finished reading Joey Kramer's autobiography, Hit Hard. For the most part it's a good read, though near the end he seems to be getting a little too indepth about the touchy-feely therapy he's gone through. I like the fact that he talks at length about his drumming influences and some of the technical aspects of how he taught himself how to play.

Aerosmith rock! I'm not into rating bands, #1, 2, 3, etc. but I'd say they're definitely up there among the best American classic rock bands. Whoever said the Doors, they had some good stuff, but they could also be boring as hell plenty of the time.

Reading on the AF1 forums there seems to be a lot of unrest and disharmony within the band and most of it directed at Tyler by Perry. There's even talk of replacing him.blink.gif Seems that Tyler is more intent on doing his own thing. I'm not sure Steven would generate much interest as a solo artist. As much as I hate to say it, I think that they are just about done. If they try and replace him I doubt that anyone would bother listening to them anymore. If this is the end then it's a sad way for it to happen.

I hope Perry vs. Tyler can work out their differences. They've been through similar times before, so there's hope I would think. I was a big Aerosmith fan, then sort of lost interest for awhile, then saw them live again a few years ago. It made me remember why I was such a fan in the first place. The whole band is great, but Tyler is one hell of a frontman, and Perry is mesmerizing.

They should have called it quits years ago. Maybe the stones will follow suit.

If people are still lining up for tickets, no need to quit. Conversely, when you were selling out 18,000 seat arenas 20 years ago and now you can't sell out a 300 seat club, perhaps it might be time to move on.

I personally haven't kept up with this band since the mid 80's but hot damn, Rocks and Get Your Wings still kick serious ass...to me.

I was at the Joe Perry Project show at the Filmore last night.It was one hell of an awesome show!

They came on around 10 pm.They rocked the place.They did a total of,I think, five aero numbers.

Towards the end, Steven Tyler showed up(apparently he bought a VIP ticket)! He and Joe did "Walk this Way".I was in the front row,center.Then Joe's wife,Billie,walked up right in front of me to capture the moment of Steven and Joe's reunion on her iphone.I thought it was a really good show.The singer,Hagen,was on last night.Full of vibe and energy.A good performer.I think that this a must see for any Aerosmith/non-Aero fan.

Archived