AEROSMITH

bengoalie21ledzepp

^^Good stuff.

I read about the gig at NME:

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has stated he isn't leaving the band during a surprise appearance at Joe Perry solo gig in New York last night (November 10).

Watch video footage of the declaration by scrolling down and clicking below.

In recent weeks the band have been dogged by rumours that Tyler has quit, with guitarist Perry seemingly confirming that the singer had left Aerosmith on Monday (November 9).

However, midway through a Joe Perry Project gig at New York's Filmore venue, Tyler appeared onstage and addressed the audience.

"I just want New York to know, I am not leaving Aerosmith," he said, before turning to Perry and stating: "And Joe Perry, you are a man of many colours but I, motherfucker, am the rainbow!"

Tyler then instructed Perry's drummer to play, and the band launched into Aerosmith's 1975 hit 'Walk This Way'. Tyler ended the song with his arm around Perry.

Watch video footage of the show below.

I was at the Joe Perry Project show at the Filmore last night.It was one hell of an awesome show!

They came on around 10 pm.They rocked the place.They did a total of,I think, five aero numbers.

Towards the end, Steven Tyler showed up(apparently he bought a VIP ticket)! He and Joe did "Walk this Way".I was in the front row,center.Then Joe's wife,Billie,walked up right in front of me to capture the moment of Steven and Joe's reunion on her iphone.

You were so lucky to experience that live. I would have loved to have seen that. Glad to hear all is well in AeroLand once again. ;)

• 1 year later...

Aerosmith to Start Recording First Album in 10 Years

The full band - including Joe Perry - will go into the studio next month

main.jpg

Aerosmith perfroming on August 12, 2010.

Kevin Mazur/WireImage

By ANDY GREENE

Joe Perry has confirmed that Aerosmith are going to finally begin work on new album next month. "Whole band has plans to go into the studio with Jack Douglas second week of July to work on new Aero CD," he wrote on Twitter yesterday. Perry didn't bother showing up at Aerosmith's initial writing sessions earlier this year, and relations between him and Steven Tyler were so strained that a new album seemed unlikely. Perry's not speaking to the press, but his post shows he's gotten on board with the project. (Douglas produced many of the bands biggest albums of the 1970s, including Get Your Wings, Toys In The Attic and Rocks.)

Earlier this year, Aerosmith recorded a series of demos in Los Angeles. Tentative track titles included "Bobbing For Piranha," "Asphalt" and "Legendary Child." "They still sound like Aerosmith," wrote Rolling Stone's Brian Hiatt in a recent cover story about Tyler. "Slinky, riff-rock, big -chorused soul ballads, leaning more Seventies than Nineties." A representative for Perry told Rolling Stone that the guitarist was "unavailable" for the sessions, but while promoting his new gig on American Idol this year, Tyler repeatedly told the press that he and Perry were exchanging angry text messages.

To read the rest of the article click here.

^^^

It's been 10!...TEN YEARS! since Aerosmith's last record?!? :o:

Wow, that shows how little I pay attention to them anymore. Back in 1975-78, they were one of my favourite bands...I thought they could do no wrong. Boy, was I wrong.

Fortunately, Van Halen came along to take their place as America's premiere party band.

Goes to show a band can maintain it's original line up and still suck. Hopefully, Jack Douglas can breathe some life back into the beast but at this stage of the game I think it's highly unlikely. I'd love to see them prove me wrong.

Those early Aerosmith albums are definitely records I cut my teeth on right alongside Sabbath, Zeppelin and Skynyrd in the 70s so I think they certainly belong in the same company. Whether they can have an artistic revival so late in their career is anyone's guess. At this point they've released more shit albums than high quality ones so their track record isn't exactly in their favor. I'm all for them pulling a rabbit out of their hat though.

I was a huge Aerosmith fan forever.

I had mastered drawing their logo, and it showed on every school book I had, after, of course, drawing the LZ logo and The Object on every school book I had.

I think Get Your Wings, Toys In The Attic, Rocks and Draw The Line are as good a 4 albums in a row as almost any band ever.

In fact, I think Draw The Line is highy underrated.

Draw The Line, Kings and Queens, and Sight For Sore Eyes are right up there with some of their best tunes, even if they didn't get the airplay/recognition of previous tunes.

I guess my strong love for them back in the day is what allows me to like songs like Cryin', which was pretty good in Be Cool.

Nothing they've done since Draw The Line amounts to much, but they're still one of my favorites based on their work in the 70s.

I think it's futile to compare artists, much less Pink Floyd and Aerosmith, two bands with vastly different styles. As to who's "better", I don't listen to music in those terms. I have favorites but music isn't a competition, at least not to me.

Amen! Exactly how I feel.

I happen to like Aerosmith a lot. I love their 70's work a lot and some of the 80's stuff was really good too. Having seen them live, I gained a lot of respect for them. They put on a fantastic show. The crowd is always at the forefront. It made me realize that they are a talented band who has earned all the success they've achieved.

Would I say they are the second best band I have ever heard? Nope. Not at all. But of course that's just me.

Well they still have the name Aerosmith at least but I can't agree with the "'Smith will always be the 'Smith". The poster up above mentioned Get Your Wings, Toys, Rocks and Kings and Queens...........those were all well over thirty years ago and they haven't produced a thing since that remotely comes close to any of them.

Like I said before though, hope springs eternal.

Well they still have the name Aerosmith at least but I can't agree with the "'Smith will always be the 'Smith". The poster up above mentioned Get Your Wings, Toys, Rocks and Kings and Queens...........those were all well over thirty years ago and they haven't produced a thing since that remotely comes close to any of them.

Like I said before though, hope springs eternal.

Yeah, at one point they turned to "Aeroshit" and have yet to recover.

Hey don't knock Aerosmith!!! I grew up with their music and apart from one or 2 wimpy pop songs recently, Steve and the boys still rock out. I saw them live many times around the globe and I can safely say they NEVER once let me down with crappy commercial stuff, but you have to see them live to appreciate all that:):)!

And Steve loves women....he's MY kinda idol :):)

steventylergaller12.jpg

By blackglove at 2011-06-10

steventyler.jpg

By blackglove at 2011-06-10

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived