What/Where's the farthest you've been away from home?

The Only Way To Fly

Well, very very very long time ago, but when I was 12 me and my brothers took an Ocean cruise out of New York City and went to Germany for the summer. Great times there. My Mom's side of the family is all there, including a bunch of cousins.

When I lived in NY, the furthest south was Florida, the furthest east was Europe, the furthest north was Lake Placid, and the furthest west was Cleveland. Now that I live in southern Italy, the furthest north is England; west, Madrid; east, Athens; and south, Malta.

• 4 months later...

Pagefan55,

It was interesting. I took one of those converted Russian research ships over there for 10 days and the amount of wildlife there was beyond expectations. Of course it was during the Antarctic "summer". Not nearly as cold as I expected either. One of the highlights was being entertained by a Russian cook who knew a ton of Zep tunes on his guitar and we all sang as a group while he played.

las vegas, nv I went there for my golden 24th birthday

Living in Georgia, I've been to Las Vegas twice - once on our honeymoon, and again on our 18th anniversary last year.

Of course I was born in Tripoli, Libya, which is quite a ways from Georgia, LOL.

So I guess that would count.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived