As listed on LZ's website, this is the official setlist over the course of three nights:

Rock and Roll, Celebration Day, (Bring It On Home intro) Black Dog, Over the Hills and Far Away, Misty Mountain Hop, Since I've Been Loving You, No Quarter, The Song Remains the Same, Rain Song, Dazed and Confused (incl. San Francisco), Stairway to Heaven, Moby Dick, Heartbreaker, Whole Lotta Love (incl. Let That Boy Boogie), The Ocean.

When do the clips stop/end for the particular night? Meaning; July 27:1, 2, 3, 4, 5 / July 28: 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 / July 29: 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 in accurate order if what is listed isn't verbatim.

-and-

Is "The Ocean" really the last track? I was under the initial impression "Whole Lotta Love" was. However, after reviewing the 2007 Blu-Ray release extras, it seems to indeed cease with concluding bows and what not. After "WLL", Plant simply says, "New York, good night." and walks off nonchalantly. I'm under the dogma that Plant said that in the same clip as the Ocean, of which, only was decided to be used in the final cut of the film.

What do you guys think? I do appreciate your opinions and contributions.

^A/S

post-26334-0-44273300-1384399732_thumb.j

Here's a one-stop shop for all info about this:

http://thegardentapes.co.uk/tgt.html

As you'll see, different parts of different songs are drawn from different nights - and which parts come from which nights varies from release to release. Very complicated!

As for The Oceanm it was indeed the final encore on the first two nights. On the final night, though, the organ solo-Thank You sequence was the final encore.

Absolutely. It beggars belief that the setlist is even in question at this late date. I mean, it's listed on this very website for crying out loud.

I apologize to this apparent "expert" that I have rustled your extremely fragile sentiments. However, you shouldn't shun new members to a particular forum. It baffles me you took the time to mark up such an abrasive reply.

If you don't like it, get out. I am simply following FORUM RULES and actually contributing to a lively discussion, not bashing new members for happening to not memorize the entirety of LZ forum posts.

YOU don't have an inherent right to discourage members from posting and regulate forums. The Zeppelin moderators do. Individuals like you need to ease up and swallow something called "courtesy" down your throat.

Thank you to tmtomh for actually contributing to this thread.

Have a nice day.

Just to stir the setlist pot even more, there is also an exceptional TSRT Fan Edition dvd, which has a different (correct) set list order.

A little info about it here http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/10052-tsrts-fan-edition/

Just to stir the setlist pot even more, there is also an exceptional TSRT Fan Edition dvd, which has a different (correct) set list order.

A little info about it here http://forums.ledzeppelin.com/index.php?/topic/10052-tsrts-fan-edition/

Very obscure! Would've never thought.

As a side note, I've always preferred original TSRTS footage, be it a bootleg or 8mm, however, the actual viewing experience is rather limited by the subpar quality even terrible for 1970's cinematic. Honestly, the "film" portions of the film (I know, that sounds redundant, whatever) are pretty ugly. When one compares the close-up concert sequences re-filmed, the viewing experience becomes exhilarating. Add original panoramas of the actual crowd; the experience is timeless. And, of course, 1920 X 1080 resolution is absolutely stunning. The producers made their best intentions to create the best viewing experience possible during the time.

The only reason I bring this thought up is because of a project I am working on to re-edit TSRTS (film) as close to original setlist as possible, while still retaining an apex entertainment factor. The fan-edition you linked looks great, but I wish to make it even better. The plans are as follows:

1. Rip 2007 Blu-Ray release as a main video reference for best consumer-attainable quality as of 2013

2. Integrate my PBTHAL (FLAC) vinyl rips as much as possible to cover the abridged / shortened scene performances and restore original song length.

3. Somehow attain the best quality original footage / bootlegs. This includes the abandoned gaps in Black Dog, The Song Remains the Same, The Rain Song, etc.

4. The whole point of #3 is to eliminate psychedelic/fantasy sequences limiting attention on the band itself.

The problem really arises from point no. 3; attaining footage to fill the gaps. If anyone knows where to access the originals in best quality, that would be a great help!

Plans for release are late November/December 2013, though this is extremely tentative and subject to change. This is for experimentation purposes only and NOT for personal gain, resale, or profit, only individual evaluation.

If any of you are of interest, please don't hesitate to inform me as soon as possible! Thank you for your support.

-A/S

I apologize to this apparent "expert" that I have rustled your extremely fragile sentiments. However, you shouldn't shun new members to a particular forum. It baffles me you took the time to mark up such an abrasive reply.

If you don't like it, get out. I am simply following FORUM RULES and actually contributing to a lively discussion, not bashing new members for happening to not memorize the entirety of LZ forum posts.

YOU don't have an inherent right to discourage members from posting and regulate forums. The Zeppelin moderators do. Individuals like you need to ease up and swallow something called "courtesy" down your throat.

Thank you to tmtomh for actually contributing to this thread.

Have a nice day.

There were 27 words in my post. The words 'expert', 'anodizingstatic', and 'don't post' were not among them, so congratulations for making a mountain out of a molehill.

Sue asked a question, and I was answering her question. At the time, this thread was in the Master Section and I see it was henceforth moved here.

I have never claimed to be an expert. Sam is the expert here and he has worked long and hard to put together this site, going back to the electric-magic days. I would hope that all his effort isn't in vain and that people take the time to avail themselves of the information he's collected here. All of the known setlists are listed in the timeline, for all to see. It's not that difficult a concept, unless you want it to be, and judging by your words and tone of your post, you seem to be one of those holding some sort of grudge or looking to stir up a fight...possibly a former banned member.

This is the "Official" website for Led Zeppelin. Don't you think Sam and his crew would make sure and double check the setlists for 100% accuracy before listing them? Why would you doubt them? Yes, the "gardentapes" site is essential for wanting to know how TSRTS was pieced together (as well as the Live DVD and HTWWW releases), but the answer to your question about the order of the setlist has been known for eons and is hiding in plain sight on this website. Two clicks of the mouse is all it takes.

Good luck with your project.

1. You quoted me; of course you were referring to me.

2. Second, I'm not look long to argue AT ALL. I am completely new to this form, and as an individual, have never feigned multiple accounts, been banned, etc. It is wrong of you to assume the worst like that. You are the one nitpicking and stirring trouble by INDIRECTLY shunning a new member.

3. You agree with my arguments, then contradict them by additionally shunning them and providing some outside analysis to prove your superiority as a LZ forum poster? What?

We all are here for one type of discussion: Anything and everything Led Zeppelin. If my discussion does not fit that criteria, then I would be enlightened to here your explanation. Yes, maybe this thread is somewhat futile as you have made yourself ultra-clear the evidence I listed initially is accurate, but there's nothing wrong with asking extra questions, is there?

Otherwise, thank you for the support, and please, let's not get hostile. Are we not brothers?

Archived