1982? Plant & Page 1st post Zep performance @ a FOREIGNER concert!

z1inspector

• 1 year later...
On 8/19/2014 at 6:00 AM, SteveAJones said:

May definitely have to ask Mick Jones about this now, as it's no longer clear if Robert joined the jam or not.

hi steve, been wondering if Mick Jones ever got back to you on this one ? & if he has anything from that epic night of his band being joined by plant & page?

surly he has something to say or share, & since WE DONT KNOW anyone else that can just ring up someone like Mick Jones  (i wish) !  Its ALL in your hands .love to hear what he tells you, or said.

11 hours ago, z1inspector said:

hi steve, been wondering if Mick Jones ever got back to you on this one ? & if he has anything from that epic night of his band being joined by plant & page?

surly he has something to say or share, & since WE DONT KNOW anyone else that can just ring up someone like Mick Jones  (i wish) !  Its ALL in your hands .love to hear what he tells you, or said.

I still need to ask. Thank you for the gentle reminder.

• 3 years later...
On 2/27/2019 at 7:10 AM, SteveAJones said:

Mick Jones' official biography, 'A Foreigner's Tale', available for a limited time only direct from the publisher for the astonishingly low discount price of ten dollars!

https://us.rocket88books.com/collections/books/products/a-foreigners-tale-classic-edition

ForeignerBook-5.png

Well Steve ...i started the post in 2013 & got YOU & the a few other of the BIG DOGS  (Super Dave,2007,dased,disco etc...) when it comes to LEDZEPPELIN.COM involved on a good mystery. & im assuming mick's thoughts (in the above mentioned book) on the night should wrap this one up! 

THANKS guys for your input & im glad my "enthusiasm" was contagious and I still feel the same way about our boys! And thank you ALL for allowing me to feel part of the inside group of members that comes up with some good questions at least (ive learned alot) & I feel validated guys thank you.

Z Javaid 

BTW Lately ive  been finding myself thirsty  just tryin to find ANYthing positive JPJ & Plant related & JPJ & Page related . Esp post the unledded confusion , it just feels good to hear about them & their mutual respect for each other. Cuz when it comes down to it as I grow older and wiser I've learned and I'm sure most of the rest of our club has discovered how much John Paul Jones is such a big part of the Zeppelin sound and groove. Quite possibly more than the other two I must admit, if anything he is definitely equal, and was Led Zeppelin's secret weapon the fourth member that actually made Led Zeppelin untouchable.

I guess that's what my next post will be about= the three of them getting along and acknowledging John Paul Jones!

Love to shake his hand! 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2013 at 10:00 AM, SteveAJones said:

Apr 17, 1988 at the Hammersmith Odeon in London...Page joins Plant during the encore on 'Trampled Underfoot',

'Gambler's Blues', 'Since I've Been Loving You' and 'Rock And Roll'

http://www.shewan.co.uk/robert-plant-hammersmith-odeon-17th-april-1988/

Here are the songs with Jimmy. Not the best sound quality but I will take it. Very cool!

Edited by Wolfman

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 5/26/2020 at 11:47 AM, Wolfman said:

http://www.shewan.co.uk/robert-plant-hammersmith-odeon-17th-april-1988/

Here are the songs with Jimmy. Not the best sound quality but I will take it. Very cool!

I just listened to them & posted a coment on that page! You should read it ! 

Thanks for posting as i wasnt even aware of this  momentary reunion. 

Whats crazy is i was born in & lived in  “Hammersmith”- shepherd bush LONDON , Till I was two years old then we moved to America!

odeon? I’m guessing has got to be pretty close to Shepard bush?

Not sure if Hammersmith is a county?inside  The city of London?  and Oden & Shepard Bush would be what ?little local smaller towns? 

Anyway

...if Pops wouldn’t have moved us  to cincy ,oh USA @ 2yrs old I most likely would’ve been at THAT very show !!!!!

On 5/12/2021 at 2:04 PM, SteveAJones said:

As we discussed on Foreigner’s official Facebook page today, evidence suggests this performance was 12/21/81 and not 5/12/82.

Thats great ....now we have the correct date !

could that help generate  any additional  photos/comments from Mic Jones ? or any1 from their camp their that night?

So that we may post somthing here on “our site” also?

or i guess all we are gonna get is in his book? 

On 5/12/2021 at 2:04 PM, SteveAJones said:

As we discussed on Foreigner’s official Facebook page today, evidence suggests this performance was 12/21/81 and not 5/12/82.

I apologize  I’m confusing plants 88 Hammersmith show with Foreigner’s nite with plant&page =of wich You already pull through  with plenty! 

Thank you steve for all that you did to get us what we Looking for

8 hours ago, z1inspector said:

Not sure if Hammersmith is a county? inside  The city of London?  and Oden & Shepard Bush would be what ?little local smaller towns? 

Hammersmith and Shepherds Bush are both West London districts within the Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.  Hammersmith is bordered by Shepherds Bush to the North and both are major urban areas. I've gone to both a few times and my favorite attraction there, other than concerts, is the Hammersmith Bridge.

On 12/23/2021 at 11:53 PM, SteveAJones said:

Hammersmith and Shepherds Bush are both West London districts within the Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.  Hammersmith is bordered by Shepherds Bush to the North and both are major urban areas. I've gone to both a few times and my favorite attraction there, other than concerts, is the Hammersmith Bridge.

Thanks Steve I just checked out The confounded Bridge!  What an amazing Bridget so ornate  .I’m gonna check with my father and see if we’ve ever driven accross it back in the late 60s when we live there.

Hope they can open it back up to  automotive  traffic once again!

Hope I get to Return to London someday   Just to visit ! I’ll check out the bridge, page’s TOWER HOUSE everything!

Edited by z1inspector