December 4, 1983: Jonesy Joins Robert On Stage - Photos?

The new Jimmy/Robert 1982 Foreigner appearance thread has me thinking: do any photos exist of Jonesy joining Robert and his band onstage in Bristol on this date, during Robert's first solo tour?

Interesting to note: Elvis's Little Sister was the song they played when JPJ joined Robert and band on stage. Venue was Colston Hall in Bristol, first time both Robert and JPJ appeared at that venue since their last visit as part of Led Zeppelin during their 1970 tour (January 8, 2nd date on that UK tour).

I don't own any photos from this concert and none come to mind, but undoubtedly some must exist.

'Little Sister' was apparently a jam favorite for Robert during this era...it was performed when he joined Rockpile during the Concert for the People of Kampuchea held at Hammersmith Odeon on Dec 29, 1979, again when he and his band were joined by Chris Squire on bass at Sgt. Pepper's in Ibiza in October 1982 and a third time when he and his band were joined by Phil Carson on bass at the Oakland Coliseum on Sep 28, 1983.

It is known that a little sister had become a favorite in his personal life during this time but I'm not one for drawing conclusions from what are more often than not mere coincidences.

'Little Sister' was reprised again when Robert and Eddie Vedder performed at the House of Blues in Chicago on Oct 5, 2005:

Chris Squire??? Whoa! Anyone have any details? Photos? Audio? Video? Newspaper clips?

I get that you're just winding us up, but for the sake of anyone who really cares...Plant, Martinez, Woodroffe, Blunt, and Barlow were joined by Chris Squire of Yes on bass at Sgt. Pepper's in Ibiza for 'Little Sister', 'Knock On Wood', 'Save the Last Dance' & 'C'mon Everybody'. Chris went on holiday to Ibiza a few times (once with Jimmy Page) and Sgt. Pepper's was owned by Phil Carson, who actually joined Robert's band there on bass the following night.

I get that you're just winding us up, but for the sake of anyone who really cares...Plant, Martinez, Woodroffe, Blunt, and Barlow were joined by Chris Squire of Yes on bass at Sgt. Pepper's in Ibiza for 'Little Sister', 'Knock On Wood', 'Save the Last Dance' & 'C'mon Everybody'. Chris went on holiday to Ibiza a few times (once with Jimmy Page) and Sgt. Pepper's was owned by Phil Carson, who actually joined Robert's band there on bass the following night.

No I'm not winding you up it's just Chris Squire is my favorite bass player and Yes my favorite band (don't get me wrong. Led Zep are the best band ever in my opinion but my personal favorite for completely different reasons is Yes). I had no idea they had ever played together with anyone Zep related apart of in 1981 (XYZ) and 1984 when Jimmy Page joined Yes for an encore in Dortmund playing "I'm Down". ;-)

Archived