"Millennium Stadium desperate to attract Led Zep"

Found this on Google News its from icWales.co.uk

Millennium Stadium desperate to attract Led Zep

Dec 16 2007 Wales on Sunday

MILLENNIUM Stadium bosses are desperate to lure reformed rockers Led Zeppelin to the venue if they announce a tour next year.

The band received rave reviews for their performance last week at London’s O2 Arena – the first time they had played together in 19 years.

It has led to speculation and rumours they could be set to take to the road on a money-spinning world tour.

And now WRU Chief Executive Roger Lewis – a personal friend of the group’s bassist John Paul Jones – is intent on making sure they make Wales will be a stop-off on any tour.

He told Wales on Sunday: “We would love to welcome Led Zeppelin and we have already put out a request to Harvey Goldsmith [the band’s promoter].

“We have a good relationship with Harvey who also handles Bruce Springsteen, who is coming to the stadium. Initially Harvey said they were only going to do a one-off gig, but now they are considering a tour.

“The thing is, we are the only stadium in Britain with a retractable roof and we can guarantee a perfect event for 70,000 people.

“There’s nowhere else in the country that can do that.”

Tickets for the 02 gig were made available via a lottery system, costing £125.

The website exceeded its bandwidth allowance and crashed almost immediately following the announcement, with Mr Goldsmith predicting that the gig would cause the “largest demand for one show in history” .

The ticket request site receiving one billion page impressions and one million people registered for fewer than 20,000 available tickets. A Millennium Stadium gig would be a guaranteed instant sell-out.

The band’s guitarist, Jimmy Page, has recently suggested the band may start work on new material.

Real shocker here:

Stadium which is used a few dozen times a year sees a million demand for tickets to O2 show and now wants to desperately cash in, too.

I'm sure this isn't the only stadium clamoring for this. In fact, I'm guaranteeing that 99 percent of the rumors about a prospective tour are coming directly from these venue owners and promoters.

Real shocker here:

Stadium which is used a few dozen times a year sees a million demand for tickets to O2 show and now wants to desperately cash in, too.

I'm sure this isn't the only stadium clamoring for this. In fact, I'm guaranteeing that 99 percent of the rumors about a prospective tour are coming directly from these venue owners and promoters.

Exactly. Here is my headline... "Dance the Crunge desperate to win lottery and retire"

Real shocker here:

Absolutely.

The Millenium in Cardiff , Hampden in Glasgow and London's Wembley would all no doubt sell out fast if Zeppelin dates were announced. They are all carrying big stadium mortgages too, Wembley the biggest by far.

Archived