Ramblize - Rap version of Ramble On

ledded1

Oh let's not fret about it. I kind of like it... love the way Robert's vocals are sampled ..

i don't like rap as a genre at all but it sugars the pill to have a clever mix of Zep stuff with it.

What I don't like is the suggestion that Jimmy was the author of this, which is rife on the internet. If someone's being playful and doing a mashup which nods, cleverly, to Zeppelin, that is fine by me.

Unfortunately, the way this was presented on his website has led to a very wide perception that he's mixed the darn thing himself.

By Jimmy putting this Rambling mess on his official Web

Site by default incriminates him. He may or

May not have created this mix but he is promoting

It. Not a very good mash up in either case

Heaven knows why!

That stupid mash up has been on You Tube for more than two years now - Jimmy did not produce it - but it's on his site because Peter Makowski doesn't have one of his own thru which to share these "gems".

Just seen and heard this. So here's something that will get people talking.

https://soundcloud.com/jimmypage/ramblize/s-55esN

Are there many of these mash ups lurking on the internet? Sometimes they work, sometimes not.

Maybe Bonzo's Montreux mixed with some Kodo drummers, something different, Heartbreaker meets Tammy Wynette.

I thought the mash up of ramble on was good. Also liked hearing artists like beck, sublime and jack johnson using acoustic guitars in a hip hop sort of format.

I see that the zep mash up, the slog, is on YouTube now. That was from the late 80s, on red vinyl 45.

In regards to a taiko version of bonzos montreux, stated above. I could see that working, if they maybe used the basic bonham track and put orchestrated taiko drums over it, stretching the drum fill sections out, could be cool. Or maybe it wouldn't work, don't know.

I think the difference is that with an artist like Beck (full disclosure here - he's one of my favorite artists) is that Beck has a real gift & talent. While one can argue that any art is creative & I'm all for it. It's just this Ramble mash is just garbage.

Want a good use of samples, beats, kitchen sink production with fast rap like lyrics? - Check out Beck's catalog - listen to Odelay, Modern Guilt, or The Information but to hear something that will really blow your mind check out (if you can find it) the MFSL pressing of his masterpiece Sea Change.

This Ramle-ize thing is just horrible

Archived