Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Virginia

Lorde

I just heard Lorde's music for the first time about 2 weeks ago. I'd never even heard of her before then, but I really like her music. I don't think her music has really landed here yet, as my kids didn't even know who she was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNaN7e6DVwE

And her remake of Everybody Wants to Rule the World:

Heard the Royals single liked it , not a million miles away from Robert Plant's 80's sound big log feel,

Lana Del Ray had a similar sound a couple of years back

She not be mistaken for Lordi

Heard the Royals single liked it , not a million miles away from Robert Plant's 80's sound big log feel,

i like this song :)

Her "Royals" song has been #1 on the charts for some time now, so somebody's kids must know who she is and buying her music. I don't have her album but from what I have heard, she's at least better than that fraud Lana del Rey.

Strider, she doesn't really fit into the traditional pop category and most kids here are into either country (that's probably #1; particularly Blake Shelton), rap/hip hop or Katy Perry.

She's quite young (16 or 17?) but talented, and has a unique sound.

My kids, and wife love that Royals tune, they have been playing it all summer long, at least it feels its been that long.

Her CD is available for free right now on Google Play (Android).