Happy Thanksgiving

clw

Got a head start on the cooking tonight so that my mom could have the kitchen all to herself tomorrow Thanksgiving Day. I made my usual pumpkin-sherry bread and pumpkin-sherry soup. Also baked a pan of planted's Magic Bars. Since I am in Washington for this Thanksgiving, I picked up some local Washington wine and beer.

20151126_032038.thumb.jpg.874c71309671b0

20151125_220840.thumb.jpg.9ce953aa655b16

20151125_202915.thumb.jpg.d386772a2ba85120151125_193618.thumb.jpg.0ba7b0fcbcb2c5

20151125_161249.thumb.jpg.0c471c9325899c

Amazing foodie spreads! Special mentions to Strider for the creative salami and cheese creation and Sath for the cranberries because it's the first thing I dive into  and I'll finish it if someone doesn't hide it.

I don't have food pics, but here's a laugher to share. Aah, kids...

12299310_10153747131139568_1480965657849

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating it!

IMG_20151126_181025382_zpsnq9fdint.jpg

From top left: Turkey, Mac and Cheese (Velveeta, Mom was too tired to make homemade), Crescent Rolls, Green Bean Casserole, homemade (by me) Cranberry Sauce, Sweet Potato Casserole, Stuffing

No leg? Lightweight! Love the cut glass bowl, BTW. We have few that have been handed down through the generations - which only come out for special occasions.

Great looking plate, Sath, and two thumbs up on the homemade cranberry sauce!! For me, cranberry sauce is as essential to Thanksgiving as turkey and dressing, although I've never had it homemade!

Strider, great idea with the cheese and cracker tray, very festive!!

A well known favorite part of Thansgiving is the leftovers, and tonight I am already enjoying leftover grilled ham, yummy!!

:) 

No leg? Lightweight! Love the cut glass bowl, BTW. We have few that have been handed down through the generations - which only come out for special occasions.

haha I didn't even think about what portion to get, I was too hungry. B)

Thanks! I don't think we ever use that bowl except on Thanksgiving. :)

Great looking plate, Sath, and two thumbs up on the homemade cranberry sauce!! For me, cranberry sauce is as essential to Thanksgiving as turkey and dressing, although I've never had it homemade!

Strider, great idea with the cheese and cracker tray, very festive!!

A well known favorite part of Thansgiving is the leftovers, and tonight I am already enjoying leftover grilled ham, yummy!!

:) 

Super easy to make Deb, give it a shot sometime! 

Directions
Empty a 12-ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries into a saucepan and transfer 1/2 cup to a small bowl. Add 1 cup sugar, 1 strip orange or lemon zest and 2 tablespoons water to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the reserved cranberries. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste and cool to room temperature before serving.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/perfect-cranberry-sauce-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Amazing foodie spreads! Special mentions to Strider for the creative salami and cheese creation and Sath for the cranberries because it's the first thing I dive into  and I'll finish it if someone doesn't hide it.

I don't have food pics, but here's a laugher to share. Aah, kids...

12299310_10153747131139568_1480965657849

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating it!

:friends:

Super easy to make Deb, give it a shot sometime! 

Directions
Empty a 12-ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries into a saucepan and transfer 1/2 cup to a small bowl. Add 1 cup sugar, 1 strip orange or lemon zest and 2 tablespoons water to the pan and cook over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves and the cranberries are soft, about 10 minutes. Increase the heat to medium and cook until the cranberries burst, about 12 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the reserved cranberries. Add sugar, salt and pepper to taste and cool to room temperature before serving.

Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/perfect-cranberry-sauce-recipe.html?oc=linkback

Fantastic!  Thanks, Sath, can't wait to try it!

^I've modified the recipe over the years, I've crossed out the steps that I found unnecessary. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the helpful tip!

A Very Happy Thanksgiving to All My American Friends! :) 

A special shout out to Strider, Walter and Sath :wave:

Strider, that is such a creative thanksgiving snack platter! Visually appealing and yummy!! :thumbsup:

Walter, that is one delicious looking turkey! :D

Sath, looking at all the food you've cooked, is really making me hungry, mate! :D 

Archived