Celebration Day and Kashmir nominated for Grammy Awards

Joe Bloggs

Heh, so now the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences remembers Led Zeppelin nearly 40 years after Physical Graffiti, and only after giving them the consolation prize of the Lifetime Acheivement Award.

LZ doesn't need to win Grammys, especially after so long. Their record speaks for itself. Leave the Grammys to Beyoncè, Taylor Swift, or other "artists".

I'll have to admit that when I first heard the news about the Grammy nominations, I was very happy and excited! But as I gave it deeper thought, my train of thought pretty much started to resemble the post above me.

^ Well said DropDown! +1

Thank you! :-D

This is so great BUT these guys should have been nominated and won so many times over

Led Zeppelin have won 4 Grammy's to date and have been nominated 5 times (7 counting these 2 latest)

Not too shabby considering they weren't media hogs. But agreed.. they deserved much more recognition from The Grammy's when they were together.. Only one nomination while they were an active band.... But Zeppelin didn't play the game.

1970 - Led Zeppelin Best New Artist Nominated

1999 - Led Zeppelin IV Grammy Hall of Fame Won

2003 - Stairway to Heaven Grammy Hall of Fame Won

2004 - Led Zeppelin Grammy Hall of Fame Won

2007 - Whole Lotta Love Grammy Hall of Fame Won

2014 - Kashmir Best Rock Performance Pending

2014 - Celebration Day Best Rock Album Pending

Led Zeppelin have won 4 Grammy's to date and have been nominated 5 times (7 counting these 2 latest)

Not too shabby considering they weren't media hogs. But agreed.. they deserved much more recognition from The Grammy's when they were together.. Only one nomination while they were an active band.... But Zeppelin didn't play the game.

1970 - Led Zeppelin Best New Artist Nominated

1999 - Led Zeppelin IV Grammy Hall of Fame Won

2003 - Stairway to Heaven Grammy Hall of Fame Won

2004 - Led Zeppelin Grammy Hall of Fame Won

2007 - Whole Lotta Love Grammy Hall of Fame Won

2014 - Kashmir Best Rock Performance Pending

2014 - Celebration Day Best Rock Album Pending

Chase: Do you know who won Best New Artist instead of Zeppelin? Also, we know that Robert won 5 Grammys for Raising Sand, but didn't both Robert and Jimmy win Grammys for some of their solo work?

Chase: Do you know who won Best New Artist instead of Zeppelin? Also, we know that Robert won 5 Grammys for Raising Sand, but didn't both Robert and Jimmy win Grammys for some of their solo work?

Sorry .. I didn't search their solo work.. that's a good question.

The best new artist for 1970 went to Crosby Stills and Nash

Sorry .. I didn't search their solo work.. that's a good question.

The best new artist for 1970 went to Crosby Stills and Nash

Thanks, Chase. I have been reading some of the predictions. "Kashmir" seems to be leading the pack for song; Black Sabbath "13" for album.

One other thing I just thought of: Since the boys are nominated in two categories, I wonder if any one of them will attend the Grammys?

Page and Plant won for Best Hard Rock Performance in 1999 for "Most High"

Heh, so now the National Academy of Recording Arts and Sciences remembers Led Zeppelin nearly 40 years after Physical Graffiti, and only after giving them the consolation prize of the Lifetime Acheivement Award.

LZ doesn't need to win Grammys, especially after so long. Their record speaks for itself. Leave the Grammys to Beyoncè, Taylor Swift, or other "artists".

I agree with drop down too,they are to good for the grammy's anyway

Thanks, Chase. I have been reading some of the predictions. "Kashmir" seems to be leading the pack for song; Black Sabbath "13" for album.

One other thing I just thought of: Since the boys are nominated in two categories, I wonder if any one of them will attend the Grammys?

It would be great to see them all there, obviously should they win. Just another reason for Zeppelin to be on my TV...sounds like a good deal to me.

I didn't know that led zeppelin were nominated, new artist in 1970. The other day i read some of the winners lists from the 70s and it shows the power structure of the grammys and the record companies, right in the lists. It was interesting to see that the doobie bros were a grammy favorite…i guess thats why michael macdonald was seemingly always singing in awards shows in the 80s. Doc Watson won one in 1975, so that was cool. I guess these shows are a good thing, when they can help artists out with selling records.

Also, i remember when they were trying to change the grammys to reflect more of what people like, in the late 80s. They recognized guns and roses, so that was a good step. But when the new heavy metal award went to jethro tull instead of the favored, metallica….all the petty bitching and whining over that, was a disaster. It makes you question, well what are these awards about anyway. Does it matter for music?

I am amazed that there are like five country music awards shows these days. In a twelve month period, do we really need that many country music shows? They are getting to have an american idol vibe to them too…which is bad. imo

I hope led zeppelin wins for kashmir though, hey why not.

If I were a betting man, I'd say that given the longterm sales revenues involved with Zep and Sabbath, along with their consistently high profiles, that Kashmir will win in its category and Sabbath will win their album nomination.

Hmm time to head on down to the local bookies (that's a betting shop to our North American readers :P).

Considering what happens at award shows nowadays it wouldn't surprise me if Kretinye West got up and made a scene at a hypothetical LZ win, shouting things like "Who are Led Zeppelin...they're nobodies....I'm God and I deserved it!"

Archived