The Real Nelson Mandela

apantherfrommd

Ooops! Forget the Korean War,err police action? Sure fire, how many Chinese troops fought in that conflict? Check the facts,kiddo,.....

Egad.

:hysterical: The Korean War was 60 years ago. And before you jump down my throat for writing that, allow me to say that while there was no "official" end to the war, you'd do well to remember that all combat has just about ceased...since 1953. The world political stage, ESPECIALLY regarding China and Russia, has changed a considerable amount. Neither China or North Korea are truly Communist in any real sense of the word and thus, have lost most of the relations that they once had.

China barely associates itself with North Korea anymore, as most political junkies would tell you. You need to get out of the Cold War brother and get into the 21st century. If the world's moving too fast for you, maybe the Internet isn't the best place to post your thoughts.

:hysterical: The Korean War was 60 years ago. And before you jump down my throat for writing that, allow me to say that while there was no "official" end to the war, you'd do well to remember that all combat has just about ceased...since 1953. The world political stage, ESPECIALLY regarding China and Russia, has changed a considerable amount. Neither China or North Korea are truly Communist in any real sense of the word and thus, have lost most of the relations that they once had.

China barely associates itself with North Korea anymore, as most political junkies would tell you. You need to get out of the Cold War brother and get into the 21st century. If the world's moving too fast for you, maybe the Internet isn't the best place to post your thoughts.

Funny that,the history of China,Japan,Korea is a LOT older than 60 years.

:hysterical: The Korean War was 60 years ago. And before you jump down my throat for writing that, allow me to say that while there was no "official" end to the war, you'd do well to remember that all combat has just about ceased...since 1953. The world political stage, ESPECIALLY regarding China and Russia, has changed a considerable amount. Neither China or North Korea are truly Communist in any real sense of the word and thus, have lost most of the relations that they once had. China barely associates itself with North Korea anymore, as most political junkies would tell you. You need to get out of the Cold War brother and get into the 21st century. If the world's moving too fast for you, maybe the Internet isn't the best place to post your thoughts.

No shit...

http://blog.foreignpolicy.com/posts/2013/12/13/and_then_there_were_two_kim_jong_ils_dwindling_inner_circle#sthash.QMCMaFe6.dpbs

You need to get out of the Cold War brother and get into the 21st century. If the world's moving too fast for you, maybe the Internet isn't the best place to post your thoughts.

Maybe little fat boy and Rodman should do the same. Fat boy wants to fire rockets on the south and Rodman should just be committed.

Funny that,the history of China,Japan,Korea is a LOT older than 60 years.

Yes. Yes it is. But most of it isn't relevant in today's political game.

This is relevant...how exactly?

Not this time.

About which topic? We've done some mighty fine topic-jumping. Perhaps if you could clarify your thoughts instead of just writing tidbits about nothing, we could get somewhere.

Maybe little fat boy and Rodman should do the same. Fat boy wants to fire rockets on the south and Rodman should just be committed.

Rodman's a joke. He should imprisoned for the sake of all that is humanity

Also, China is well aware of what sanctions would be placed on them if they were to help fight a war on the side of North Korea, and money talks a lot louder than Kim Jon-Un

Yeah, because China is such a great example of a country held in check by world opinion.

Otherwise, they'd still be employing brutal civil rights atrocities, slave and child labor, and fearless piracy of practically everything from electronics and clothing to software and movies.

Oh, wait...

Seriously, what sanctions would be used against China?

It's only their own caution that keeps the dollar from being dumped as the world reserve currency.

China could cripple the global economy quicker than they could be crippled by sanctions.

And for some odd reason, they strike me as perfectly willing to do so should the situation necessitate it.

Yeah, because China is such a great example of a country held in check by world opinion.

Otherwise, they'd still be employing brutal civil rights atrocities, slave and child labor, and fearless piracy of practically everything from electronics and clothing to software and movies.

Oh, wait...

It's only their own caution that keeps the dollar from being dumped as the world reserve currency.

China could cripple the global economy quicker than they could be crippled by sanctions.

And for some odd reason, they strike me as perfectly willing to do so should the situation necessitate it.

Type O gets it, as always. The other guy should consider a username change to Wanna Be Correct.

Freedom fighters rarely make good head of state. Nelson Mandela was the rare freedom fighter who successfully made the transition. In a continent where political leaders tend to hold onto office until they die or are forced out at gunpoint, he relinquished office at the end of his term.

Go back and read your previous posts. You said NK isn't truly a Communist country. That article shows they still like to run the place like a gulag.

You're one of those people that think totalitarianism equals communism aren't you? If gulags equal communism, you should, perhaps, look up Japanese-American internment camps.

OMG DOES THAT MAKE AMERICA COMMUNIST??!!?!?!?!?!?!

Type O gets it, as always. The other guy should consider a username change to Wanna Be Correct.

TypeO is a very smart poster, and I've always enjoyed his posts, regardless of whether I agree with him or not. You, on the other hand, prefer to let others do your bidding in these political threads. Fact is Steve, you seem to know a lot about history...but you're terrible at debating. Just the way it is mate. Let it go.

Oh, wait...

Before I begin (and I apologize for the delay, I was out of town), I'd like to just say that I'm sorry if any of this comes of as...dickish. I don't mean to be rude to you TypeO. I've never had a problem with you.

Anywho, back to business. China is a complicated tale. Admittedly, they are allowed a certain number of violations within their own country (same as the rest of us, but hey that's neither here nor there). But let's set the stage here for the hypothetical we've already created: America isn't around, and now North Korea has a choice: Invade South Korea or not. They cannot possibly hope to touch them without China's assistance, so they ask for help. Now China has a choice: Assist in an invasion against a western ally, or sit there and shut up. My money is they would NEVER involve themselves in such minor battles. North Korea is not a friend anymore and South Korea will likely have the West on it's side. What does China have to gain exactly when they have EVERYTHING to lose?

Now let's get away from hypotheticals and directly discuss modern China. They don't hold as much power as you seem to believe. China is growing and becoming a major power in the economic world. The problem, however, is they're replaceable. They need us more than we need them. There's plenty of other countries for America and Europe to exploit for personal gain.

I wish I could write more on this subject but alas, I only have a few more minutes at a computer so I'll cut it off here and look for a response later.

You stated South Korea doesn't need the United States and then have the cheek to assert I'm terrible at debating?! Holy shit.

:hysterical: I love it. It's the "Well I don't really have something to say that would come off as intellectually sound, so I think I'll just repeat something he said that I disagree with, and that means I'm right." argument. Well written too.

How, might I ask, does South Korea "need" us? Economically? Maybe. But it needs to EU as well. Militarily? Not really. Outside of North Korea's laughable military, who do they have to fight off? China? For what end would they invade?

South Korea "needs" the US military for one reason only: To completely and utterly deter war (assuming the EU wouldn't jump behind them if the US wasn't there). But it would likely survive war with any foreign invader at this point.

:lol: I'm going to start off with a simple question: Did you actually read anything in the graphic you threw in your post Steve? Because if you did, you would have clearly seen the part about North Korea's actual military capabilities...again this is from YOUR post:

"North Korea's actual military capabilities are less formidable than the data suggests - half of the country's major weapons were designed in the 1960s and the other half are even older."

South Korea has a fairly modern military. North Korea's best weapons are from the 1960s...that's pathetic. They couldn't touch a beachhead before South Korea literally shit on them.

See Steve, this is how I know you drink media kool-aid. I legitimately thought you would have known about this by now. Here are some facts (that back up my point about North Korea's joke of an army).

http://www.japanfocus.org/-Sangkeun-Lee/3333
~"overall conventional defense capabilities favor South Korea."

http://gowans.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/graph-2.jpg

~South Korea spends nearly 4x on its military than does the North

Archived