P.K. Mitchell - Heavily Zeppelin Infulenced Indie Artist

moonchilddave

I've been a Zeppelin fan since the late 70's / early 80's. My walls were plastered with pictures of Page, Plant, Bonham, and Jones. I had all the albums - vinyl and cassette, and later on, CD. They were probably the band responsible for me branching out my musical tastes - as I dug into the roots of their music, getting in to blues, folk, and classical. The only regret I have is never having had the opportunity to see them live. They are likely responsible for me becoming the music lover that I am to this day.

Having said all that, I wanted to share with other fans - another individual's music who I have found to be, well, just plain awesome. He just released his second album in over 20 years and I am totally sold on the talent this guy has (and he's a downright good guy to just chat with as well). The reason I'm posting here is because I personally think that the world could use more music like this, and I'd love to see this album really take off.

Upon fist listen to this album, I had a huge smile on my face the rest of the day. You could clearly hear his influences shining through - but I think he put his own unique style in there as well. You can hear Zeppelin, The Beatles, Soundgarden, Hendrix, among others of that era. Personally, I think it's one of the best albums I've heard all year long - but everyone has their own tastes, and I'll leave it up to everyone else to make their own decisions. Do check it out though, I think you might be suprised at just how good this guy is!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CnIyyLsBrE

Man Of Sorrows (which is 3:40 in to the video) is one of my favorites.

If you like what you hear, you can find the album on iTunes, Amazon, or even get a hard copy on CD at his website - http://starlandsound.com/store/

His previous album is a little different - as it's more of a metal album, and doesn't quite show off the influences he has... It's good, but vastly different than his latest, which is a masterpiece in my book.

Archived