2013-14 NFL Playoff Predictions thread....

paul carruthers

^^ It's all a matter of trust with me, and I trust Marvin Lewis & Andy Dalton in the postseason about as far as I can throw them, which isn't very far. But maybe this will be the year Cincy finally does something, I'm a bit skeptical....

Going all the way to the Super Bowl is questionable. Beating San Diego in the cold is not

Weekend forcast:

Philadelphia Sat night temp in the twenties, 0 % precipitation

Cincy Sun 39 degrees and 100% precipitation rain/snow

Green Bay Sun 4 degrees and 0% precipitation

Indy and KC not relevant as its in a dome

In Vegas the KC/Indy game is now a pick!!!! So their are believers in KC. I am inclined to swing the other way now but something keeps telling me "they are not a turf/dome team. Never have been. Advantage Indy. Is Indy's defense that bad?> Input please? Indy is the most mysterious playoff team to me. and can SF handle 4 degree weather? Yikes. I may change all my damn picks. No snow in Philly means the Saints may be more dangerous. Here are my updated picks. I need a witness

KC

New Orleans

Cincy

San Fran

Here are my stabs in the dark...

NFL Wild Card Round Schedule:

Saturday, Jan. 4

Kansas City at Indianapolis

Let's be real...Kansas City took advantage of a shitty schedule to attain their 11-5 record. But while Indianapolis went 9-3 against AFC, KC was only 7-5. Thanks to KC playing the weak NFC East teams, they got 4 easy wins against the NFC. The Chief's five losses came against teams with decent quarterbacks: Denver (2 losses), San Diego (2 losses), and Indianapolis. There is nothing to suggest Indianapolis won't beat KC again. I know rematches are supposed to favour the team that lost the first time, but I'm not buying KC being a playoff-caliber team, especially on the road in the dome.

There is no win on KC's ledger as impressive and legit as Indianapolis' win at San Francisco. And while Indy was up and down for a stretch in the middle of the season, they righted the ship and closed the season strong with four consecutive victories.

My pick: Indianapolis

New Orleans at Philadelphia

New Orleans on the road has been disaster all season. But Foles and Eagle's coach Chip Kelly are new to the playoffs. It's going to be cold, no doubt...maybe snow? LeSean McCoy will have to have a huge game, in my opinion, to take some pressure off Foles.

But something in my gut tells me the Saints have enough to eek out a win.

My pick: New Orleans

Sunday, Jan. 5

San Diego at Cincinnati

What a joke it is that San Diego is in the playoffs. First, Miami had to choke against the Jets like Mama Cass eating a ham sandwich. Then, Kansas Shitty's kicker misses a game-winning field goal, and the refs miss a San Diego penalty that would have allowed KC to rekick the field goal.

So, no matter how much I think Marvin Lewis and the Bungles aren't for real and have a knack for choking on the big stage, I loathe San Diego even more and think the football gods will be against them for cheating their way into the playoffs. Plus, Cincy was 8-4 vs. the AFC; SD only 6-6.

My pick: Cincinnati

San Francisco at Green Bay

This could be the game of the weekend. It's really tough to pick, now that Aaron Rogers is back. But Clay Matthews is still out. Can Green Bay stuff the 49ers running game and force Colin Kaepernick into a one-dimensional quarterback? Will the frigid tundra of Lambeau affect San Francisco at all? In theory, the 49ers are made for cold weather...they are a tough-minded mix of running and strong defense.

This game could be a defensive struggle or it could be a shootout. Either way, I think San Francisco has the guts to battle the cold and the Packers...and I think Boldin slips open enough to be the difference maker in the game.

My pick: San Francisco

The "Walter Family" picks....

Walter:

Indianapolis

Philadelphia

Cincinnati

San Francisco

Mrs. Walter:

Indianapolis

New Orleans

Cincinnati

Green Bay