2013-14 NFL Playoff Predictions thread....

paul carruthers

Super Bowl prediction results:

Strider: 1-0

Bong-Man: 1-0

LedZeppfan77: 1-0

Walter: 1-0

Walter Jr: 1-0

Mrs. Walter: 1-0

paul carruthers: 0-1

pottedplant: 0-1

jabe: 0-1

in_the_evening: 0-1

Anjin-san: 0-1

jb126: 0-1

Overall playoff results:

Strider: 9-2

Bong-Man: 9-2

jb126: 8-3

pottedplant: 8-3

Mrs. Walter: 7-4

Walter Jr: 7-4

Walter: 6-5

LedZeppfan77: 6-5

paul carruthers: 6-5

in_the_evening: 5-6

jabe: 4-7

Anjin-san: 4-6

ally: 5-1

So, since Strider & Bong-Man tied for first place, the tiebreaker goes to Strider who predicted a score for the game & went under (boy did he go under). So congratulations to Strider for being the 2013-14 playoff predictions CHAMP!!!! :cheer:

Congratulations Seattle fans, happy dreams.

Congratulations Strider!!!!! Yahoooo!

So happy to see you back ebk.

A giant thank you to paul c. A lot of work and well done.

Baseball in two months. That little rodent Punx Phil saw his shadow.

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations to Seattle and their first Super Bowl! I'm happy for my friends and family who are Seahawks fans. I'm happy for Pete Carroll. I only wished Seattle could have put 50 on them and kept the shutout, hehe.

post-1470-0-68884400-1391397789_thumb.jp

WOOHOO!!! Congratulations to Seattle and their first Super Bowl! I'm happy for my friends and family who are Seahawks fans. I'm happy for Pete Carroll. I only wished Seattle could have put 50 on them and kept the shutout, hehe.

attachicon.gifIMG_20140202_191231.jpg

Gee, a Super Bowl that went my way. That makes a handful. The Rams win in 99 was sweet. I loved this one. Of course the bitter taste of those Buffalo loss's haunt me until the day they can get back there and win. I think they are getting close. I think they took steps this year. Even Urlacher praised the young kid Alonso who may win rookie of the year. Andre is in the Hall. I think we can take another big step next year.

Nice win Seattle. Peyton is a great guy. No doubt about that. And his legacy is untarnished IMO

Gee, a Super Bowl that went my way. That makes a handful. The Rams win in 99 was sweet. I loved this one. Of course the bitter taste of those Buffalo loss's haunt me until the day they can get back there and win. I think they are getting close. I think they took steps this year. Even Urlacher praised the young kid Alonso who may win rookie of the year. Andre is in the Hall. I think we can take another big step next year.

Nice win Seattle. Peyton is a great guy. No doubt about that. And his legacy is untarnished IMO

I respectfully disagree about Peyton Mannings legacy being untarnished. He is a great Quarterback and his legacy is secured, but this loss that the Denver Broncos suffered is a humiliating defeat that will "haunt" Peyton Manning for the rest of his life.

I think that the game was lost to the Bronco's after the first 12 seconds of the beginning of the game. I find it very funny and ironic that the "best" offense in the NFL, commits a safety on their very first play. I think that that play "cursed" them from the start.

Congratulations to the World Champion Seattle Seahawks.

I respectfully disagree about Peyton Mannings legacy being untarnished. He is a great Quarterback and his legacy is secured, but this loss that the Denver Broncos suffered is a humiliating defeat that will "haunt" Peyton Manning for the rest of his lif

I think that the game was lost to the Bronco's after the first 12 seconds of the beginning of the game. I find it very funny and ironic that the "best" offense in the NFL, commits a safety on their very first play. I think that that play "cursed" them from the start.

Congratulations to the World Champion Seattle Seahawks.

Not sure I believe that. One play does not a game make. A safety is a nightmare because not only do they score two but bigger than that is they have to give the ball right back. But I simply think it was a case of a team not seeing a defense that was this good. I believe the 49ers would have buried them also. And the Saints would have given them the shootout. Seattle had a dominating defense. Unlikely they will all stay together because of money and contracts. So staying on top is very difficult I would bet anything neither of these teams will be back next year. Will be interesting to see if Peyton wants to try again. And Brady too for that matter. likely they will both play again. More questionable in Peyton's case due to that injury.

Congrats to the Seattle fans, what a demonstration they put on yesterday.

I wonder if John Fox is the right coach for Denver, he doesn't seem very passionate....just my armchair observation.

I feel bad for Peyton, but there were some similarities to this game and the Pats last two SB runs: Pats highest scoring offense, only comes away with 14 points. And I believe in one of them, the Pats first play from scrimmage, Brady was sacked for a safety. That sack sucks big time, because now you need to punt the ball away before you even get started, and give the other team two points.

I think the backbreaker had to be the runback for a touchdown 12 seconds after halftime ended. I am sure Denver was thinking "OK, we need to stop them on offense a few times, score a few touchdowns, and we are right back in this". To instead see Seattle running it back for another touchdown...the playbook becomes real limited....

Again, Congrats to all the Seahawks fans! Heckuva game. We'll see what they do next year.

It will be interesting to see how intact Seattle remains. Same for San Fran. Who ended up getting the MVP? Went to bed shortly after the finish.

Fox is a good coach for Denver right now because his specialty is defense, while Peyton runs the offense. He's now made it to two Super Bowls, with two different teams, so he is a quality coach that's for sure.

Thanks Paul for keeping track of everything. This thread has expanded so quickly, it's gotta be hard to keep up with picks made many pages ago. Congrats to Strider for winning the playoffs picks!

One play doesn't make a game, you're correct Rick. That Denver center had to be so nervous, if you look at the play clock it was at 10 when the ball went over Manning's head. He never asks for the ball to be snapped any earlier than 6 seconds to go and usually at 3-4 seconds before it expires. So nerves were definitely a factor there. Also Peyton did not appear to be in leader mode on the sideline, maybe that's why he's 11-12 in the playoffs. He doesn't seem to inspire those around him like you see other qb's. Just an observation. Those Broncos receivers had never been hit as hard as they were last night. How many of them didn't gain any yards after catch or even lost yards? Russell Wilson made some great passes to keep the drives alive early on - even when they resulted in field goals. Those "unknown" Seattle receivers came up big too - Kearse, Baldwin, etc. Total domination in every aspect of the game.

It will be interesting to see how intact Seattle remains. Same for San Fran. Who ended up getting the MVP? Went to bed shortly after the finish.

Fox is a good coach for Denver right now because his specialty is defense, while Peyton runs the offense. He's now made it to two Super Bowls, with two different teams, so he is a quality coach that's for sure.

Thanks Paul for keeping track of everything. This thread has expanded so quickly, it's gotta be hard to keep up with picks made many pages ago. Congrats to Strider for winning the playoffs picks!

One play doesn't make a game, you're correct Rick. That Denver center had to be so nervous, if you look at the play clock it was at 10 when the ball went over Manning's head. He never asks for the ball to be snapped any earlier than 6 seconds to go and usually at 3-4 seconds before it expires. So nerves were definitely a factor there. Also Peyton did not appear to be in leader mode on the sideline, maybe that's why he's 11-12 in the playoffs. He doesn't seem to inspire those around him like you see other qb's. Just an observation. Those Broncos receivers had never been hit as hard as they were last night. How many of them didn't gain any yards after catch or even lost yards? Russell Wilson made some great passes to keep the drives alive early on - even when they resulted in field goals. Those "unknown" Seattle receivers came up big too - Kearse, Baldwin, etc. Total domination in every aspect of the game.

Sherman will want a boatload of money when his contract is up. Fox was outfoxed by Carroll something awful. I wanted Pete in Buffalo. He is a fabulous coach. Fox did not know what hit him. I thought Cincy was the best AFC team as far as putting up a good fight in the Super Bowl. They would not have been savaged like this. My only regret is not betting a thousand instead of a hundred

Archived