What love of your life got away?

Empire

For me, it was Darlene in high school. When I first heard Zeps song "Darlene" I automatically thought of her. And still to this day. We broke up when I moved out of state. But she was my first love. And she'll always have a place in my heart.

As for Zep in general. Roxanne takes the cake. She's the one who introduced me to Zep. So just about every song reminds me of her.

So what's your story on the one (or ones) that got away?

Well my girl isn't a song title but she's in the process of getting away from me. I met her through a friend of mine, and I found out that she wanted me to take her to Homecoming. I did, and we had a good time, but I haven't been able to follow up on anything, just because I haven't had an excuse to see her again and throw my game down. That could not have been interesting at all to read, I'm sorry.

There are actually people named Darlene? Wow.

I thought that was a mythical name...like Beulah or Dagmar.

I've had no one get away...unless I count the 1,297 chicks I was too wussy to hit on. Some of those I remember better than my actual ex gf's.

There are actually people named Darlene? Wow.

I thought that was a mythical name...like Beulah or Dagmar.

I've had no one get away...unless I count the 1,297 chicks I was too wussy to hit on. Some of those I remember better than my actual ex gf's.

Oh yea, she's really Darlene. My first love. Hell, going to listen to that one right now.

I can think of one that I regret not trying harder to work on things with. The rest that are in the past are in the past for a big reason... :lol:

The one I regret not trying harder to work on things with was a good guy, but a good guy with LOTS of problems. Now that I think of it...I'm kind of glad he's gotten away. :lol:

Actually, last time I saw him, he introduced me to his wife. Nice to know he's settled and happy. I still think of him a lot though. <_<

Michelle Zilles in college. Such an awesome girl, so funny and spontaneous. She was the first person who ever played William Shatner's LSwD for me. She was full blood irish on her mothers side, and I made her a gift of a four leaf clover I found once. I'll probably never find another, so that shows how much I liked her. But we never matched up- she was with someone, I was with someone, etc. So it wasn't to be.

Almost the same thing happened with Claire Shinkman more recently, who I posted pics of at the last board. Same kind of girl, same problem, same result.

I can't honestly say that I've had one that got away......

I agree with Manders...those guys are in my past for a reason. I simply don't have any regrets with those relationships, things weren't meant to be and I moved on.

^ awwww.....

Mine was my high school love at first sight boyfriend, friend, everything. :(

He left the USA. He was beautiful. :wub: He made me go listen, in his room at his Mom's to Houses Of The Holy when it first came out.

He was just perfect in my eyes.

But, he had a mission and I was to slow to jump on board.

I still think of him, wonder how he reacted to this gig.........

RUSSELL! where art thou??

Somewhere teaching in Berlin. :(

Aww these are so sad stories. :(

I don't think that I've ever been in love. :blink:

You know, of course I love my family and my friends but that's different kind of love.

When you fall in love....you'll know it and its the most wonderful thing in the world....feels like a passionate fire filling your soul!

When you fall in love....you'll know it and its the most wonderful thing in the world....feels like a passionate fire filling your soul!

And you tend to fall in love at the least expected time too. It's like walking down a dark alley and all of a sudden you find that one thing in the world you wanted the most and it's yours for the taking.......for free. It's wonderful. I remember falling in love with all 4 of my great loves. Only married once though. And I'm glad that horrible bitch got away. You know, you don't know your in an emotionally abusive relationship usually until your away from them for a time. Now I look forward to meeting my next love.

Yes !!

And no matter what the circumstances....how much it seems impossible, unlikely, inconceivable to the world....the only ones who ultimately understand it and to whom it matters, are those that ARE IN LOVE.

Love needs no permission, needs no explanation or endorsement. Restrictions don't apply.

Yes !!

And no matter what the circumstances....how much it seems impossible, unlikely, inconceivable to the world....the only ones who ultimately understand it and to whom it matters, are those that ARE IN LOVE.

Love needs no permission, needs no explanation or endorsement. Restrictions don't apply.

Unless she's your hooker. Then it's love by the hour.

I was trying to be a little deeper than that.

Ahhh...but when am I ever serious ? I don't blame you for misreading me...it happens all the time.

It's not you. I just felt like bringing a little levity to the thread. I do that from time to time.

There was this one girl I really liked that I never did anything about, because

a) I worked with her

B ) she had a boyfriend

c) I was moving soon

So then I moved and when I got back I found out she was getting married.

So, meh. I had some choice in the matter.

Archived