What love of your life got away?

Empire

When you fall in love....you'll know it and its the most wonderful thing in the world....feels like a passionate fire filling your soul!

Yes--even if it doesn't turn out the way you want it to, it is always worth it.

I was thinking about how the person I posted about STILL makes me feel... and it's worth it. Definitely worth it. We're both better people because of it, I'm sure.

The guy I posted about was a guy I dated in high school. We dated for a while in high school, then went our separate ways. We joined up again after I'd gone on to college, and while it was nice, it just wasn't the same. I still loved him, but it wasn't the same.

Somebody tonight gave me some xanex and I'm feeling GOOD. And the beer is helping. I guess I'm numbing my emotional pain. But I feel good. I love you all.

Na na na na na na my baby.

God damn I'm in a Zep mood tonight.

Somebody tonight gave me some xanex and I'm feeling GOOD. And the beer is helping. I guess I'm numbing my emotional pain. But I feel good. I love you all.

Na na na na na na my baby.

God damn I'm in a Zep mood tonight.

Dont worry.

Somehow, some girl will fall for your jazzbait, PM you to get your hopes up, and all manner of hilarity will ensue.

Its what the undercover FBI agents are best at. :yay:

Dont worry.

Somehow, some girl will fall for your jazzbait, PM you to get your hopes up, and all manner of hilarity will ensue.

Its what the undercover FBI agents are best at. :yay:

So--- is THAT what it means when a girl PMs a guy on this site?

:huh:

Shit. I've set lots of hopes up high then....even those married guys...

:lol:

(running away to hide from their wives' shotguns....)

:hysterical:

I swear, Mrs. IGG and Mrs. Levee, I didn't mean it! I just wanted to say hi! I swear!!!

So--- is THAT what it means when a girl PMs a guy on this site?

:huh:

Shit. I've set lots of hopes up high then....even those married guys...

:lol:

(running away to hide from their wives' shotguns....)

:hysterical:

I swear, Mrs. IGG and Mrs. Levee, I didn't mean it! I just wanted to say hi! I swear!!!

Suuuuurrrre...that's what you were up to Manders! :lol:

Thank you! You made me laugh so hard this morning! :D

I think it is nice to be single at christmas, you never know who you will meet, under the christmas tree, ohh I live in hopes LOL

Absolutely Georgia! You never know when cupid will strike and send that special person to you so that they can steal your heart. Love is a funny mistress....she loves to zap your ass when you least expect it! :D

Yes !!

And no matter what the circumstances....how much it seems impossible, unlikely, inconceivable to the world....the only ones who ultimately understand it and to whom it matters, are those that ARE IN LOVE.

Love needs no permission, needs no explanation or endorsement. Restrictions don't apply.

Restrictions don't apply?? Are you sure you have been in a relationship?lol Don't mytholgize it. You are setting people up for disappointment with those last comments. Not realistic at all.

I have only been in love once and that was with my first girlfriend. She is still the best girlfriend i ever had. She was hot, nice, cool. The whole deal. Unfortunately her and her family moved away. That sucked big time.

I have never been in love since then. I have said "I love you" a handful of times but that was during the height of sacktime and i wasn't thinking clearly. But i have just never found or hooked up with that girl to fall in love with with. I have hooked up with great girls but have just never fell in love with them.

Love is very hard to find. Some never find it. Some find it only once. Just appericiate lust when you find it.

People should not get people's hopes up with the whole "it will happen when you are ready" nonsense. It may never happen. I am still waiting for it to happen again and there is no sign of it coming.

These are great stories, though some of them are heartbreaking. Nice to see people let it go.

Well, I'll decide it's my turn.

I am crazily infatuated with him, but we can only remain friends, like we were for a while. It's only because the family doesn't think dating is suitable at all. Also, the marriage I am expected to get just clings to me. They said I can have a choice with whom I marry, but it makes no difference because I still cannot truly sense how much I love him, if I don't spend time with him before marriage. And, the family says he still has to be the same religion. But, I mean I don't care about those issues, wholeheartedly, what type of division does difference in religion serve? Race? Ethnicity? What does it serve, nothing. I am the type of person who'll accept anyone despite these issues.

But. of course it's all about the family honor, how I shouldn't spoil the reputation or whatnot. So, that's the only reason I spend my times alone in the basement, wondering why should I conform to such a lifestyle? Why am I too cowardly to just rebel? And so I would like to embark on an actual relationship with Kevin, but for god's sake, I shouldn't be even seeing him as a friend after school. I am going to be hanging on to this issue, wondering just what could have been for quite a while.

Ok, that was a bit unusual to let go, but I felt as if it was appropriate.

You MUST follow YOUR heart DeepBlackZeppelin...

Not other's expectations....

Your predicament is so saddening......:(

Live Life, Love Life, LOVE....

Why thank you.

Thank you very much for your condolences

I truly appreciate it

I want to flat out say no, but I am too intimidated. It happened before and the results weren't pretty.

Why thank you.

Thank you very much for your condolences

I truly appreciate it

I want to flat out say no, but I am too intimidated. It happened before and the results weren't pretty.

DBZ, I think there will be a time and a place when you are older that you will find yourself not under your parents rule (hopefully). I know you are bound by your religion and it saddens me that it intimidates you from living a fulfilling life as a young woman.

DBZ, I think there will be a time and a place when you are older that you will find yourself not under your parents rule (hopefully). I know you are bound by your religion and it saddens me that it intimidates you from living a fulfilling life as a young woman.

Oh thank you for your input. I do desire to sort of carve the path to my own life. But then she asks me,

"So what do you want to do with your life?"

I just freeze up, I am too apprehensive.

But, I do desire to love, for it just seems to transcend every other petty circumstance. I've never been in love, but I am curious, just sweetly curious.

I keep having this reoccuring dream, Kashmir, that Kevin and I just drift off from the petty world and just enjoy each other's company for a change. It's funny because he isn't a lovey dovey type of guy, or maybe he is but just hides it. Anyway, I always remember that it ends with a brisk hug and a few kisses on the cheek.

It's such a pleasant little dream, so ethereal and I just forget about the menial troubles I rub up against. I wonder if it has a meaning, but I have been having this dream for several nights. :D

These are great stories, though some of them are heartbreaking. Nice to see people let it go.

Well, I'll decide it's my turn.

I am crazily infatuated with him, but we can only remain friends, like we were for a while. It's only because the family doesn't think dating is suitable at all. Also, the marriage I am expected to get just clings to me. They said I can have a choice with whom I marry, but it makes no difference because I still cannot truly sense how much I love him, if I don't spend time with him before marriage. And, the family says he still has to be the same religion. But, I mean I don't care about those issues, wholeheartedly, what type of division does difference in religion serve? Race? Ethnicity? What does it serve, nothing. I am the type of person who'll accept anyone despite these issues.

But. of course it's all about the family honor, how I shouldn't spoil the reputation or whatnot. So, that's the only reason I spend my times alone in the basement, wondering why should I conform to such a lifestyle? Why am I too cowardly to just rebel? And so I would like to embark on an actual relationship with Kevin, but for god's sake, I shouldn't be even seeing him as a friend after school. I am going to be hanging on to this issue, wondering just what could have been for quite a while.

Ok, that was a bit unusual to let go, but I felt as if it was appropriate.

I ached for you when I read your tale. I had to rebel from a patriarchal family (the details differed from your own but my feelings of being constrained by tradition were probably similar to what you are feeling). I rebelled several times over the course of several years. Ultimately, at the age of 20, I found the love of my life and never looked back. That was a long time ago and I have never regretted it and wouldn't trade all these years of happiness with the love of my life for anything. My husband's family is my family now. I pray that you, too, find the love of your life and happiness and fulfillment. Blessings.

I ached for you when I read your tale. I had to rebel from a patriarchal family (the details differed from your own but my feelings of being constrained by tradition were probably similar to what you are feeling). I rebelled several times over the course of several years. Ultimately, at the age of 20, I found the love of my life and never looked back. That was a long time ago and I have never regretted it and wouldn't trade all these years of happiness with the love of my life for anything. My husband's family is my family now. I pray that you, too, find the love of your life and happiness and fulfillment. Blessings.

I am adulated by the ongoing support.

I am glad that you were intrepid towards your desired way. You really have inspired me.

I really do feel it is important to just fulfill what my soul yearns for. It's telling me in my thoughts and in my visions.

I am blessed that you have gone down this ideal path.

Archived