What love of your life got away?

Empire

I'm a sad to say that I have had one true love who got away.

It broke my heart and I have never been happy since.

Next time I will make sure I tie the ropes tighter...

... And refuse to loosen the handcuffs ... even if she says the "safe" word...

~666

:lol:

And you tend to fall in love at the least expected time too. It's like walking down a dark alley and all of a sudden you find that one thing in the world you wanted the most and it's yours for the taking.......for free. It's wonderful. I remember falling in love with all 4 of my great loves. Only married once though. And I'm glad that horrible bitch got away. You know, you don't know your in an emotionally abusive relationship usually until your away from them for a time. Now I look forward to meeting my next love.

And isn't it a lovely kick in the ass....love makes you her bitch........

She wants what she wants........and Kaz...I thank you!!!!!!

I'm a sad to say that I have had one true love who got away.

It broke my heart and I have never been happy since.

Next time I will make sure I tie the ropes tighter...

... And refuse to loosen the handcuffs ... even if she says the "safe" word...

~666

:D

That would make a good Thread Old Scratch "What is your "safe" word when you are "role playing" with your loved one (s) ? ?

You all are not going to believe this. I mentioned Tammy before. She got in touch with me the other day and wants to do something soon. We mentioned doing something tonight, but we'll see how that goes. I'd love to have her back in my life again, even if just friends. We've had this dance going on for nearly 20 years now. She's just sort of....well....unreliable at times. But I'm used to that. I mean, I don't think she's "The One", but she's certainly got a place in my heart. Always has, always will.

You all are not going to believe this. I mentioned Tammy before. She got in touch with me the other day and wants to do something soon. We mentioned doing something tonight, but we'll see how that goes. I'd love to have her back in my life again, even if just friends. We've had this dance going on for nearly 20 years now. She's just sort of....well....unreliable at times. But I'm used to that. I mean, I don't think she's "The One", but she's certainly got a place in my heart. Always has, always will.

You are lucky. Good luck. There are 2 girls from my teens who i wish would call me after all this time. One's name was Donna and the other one is Suzy. I don't know what Donna looks like now so that one might be risky. But Suzy still looks really good. They were the best girls i knew in my teens.

Suzy was a girl a buddy of mine really liked but i got along with her way better than he did. She was really pretty and cool. She had everything i like in women. BUT... he liked her. Ya can't hook up with a girl your buddy likes. So i just let it go. She never really liked him so it went nowhere. The thing that sucks? He moved away like a year later. But by then she had a boyfriend. Really bad timing.

Donna was a girl who was the granddaughter of our superintendant who would come to visit every summer. She was so pretty. She had pretty blonde hair. I think she was the one that influenced my interest in blondes for years to come. She again had everything i like in girls. We got along great. We would hang out together the entire summer. My first true female friend. Then one year over the winter her granddad (our super) became ill and had to be put in a a home. So i never saw her ever again. That following summer was pretty depressing. I always wonder what she is doing now. if she still looks good, etc.

The girls i have hooked up with in my adult life haven't been on their level. They were Still hot and nice but not the same level.

Well, he hasn't actually "gotten away" because we are still friends and see each other all the time. But he was the big Unrequited Love of my life. For YEARS I tortured myself over this guy. But I finally, I guess, got weary of that and just accepted that I am always going to love him "in that way" and he may never love me back, but that's all right. He's a wonderful friend as well, and I'm just lucky to have him in my life at all- because of him, I know what fiery, undying and completely unconditional love IS. It gives me a basis of comparison, you know? Since I believe that once a person feels that way, they should never settle for NOT feeling that way about their spouse/life partner. Better to be alone and still have the dream than to let a shared life of mediocrity kill it.

During the mid 80s in Brownsville, Texas I would have killed for her and she knows it. Never became an item though we both wanted it. Molly you know who you are if you read this I can't get you out of my head and heart.

Henry

• 3 weeks later...

Not exactly the love of my life but...

Mrs. Cox my high school biology teacher. At one point she was separated from her husband (he cheated on her) and Mrs. Cox was going through a tough time and seemed to need alot of male attention. She started dressing a little bit more provactively (at least my teenage mind saw it that way), and she was constantly asking me to help her with different classroom projects. I totally had a crush on her, and I was sure she knew it. Now that I am older I realize that she probably needed me to make the first move, as I am sure she probably had reservations about being the seducer in the relationship.

Hell, I screwed up.

Wow. Heavy topic. I was in love with a girl I met at church for as long as I can remember. Her mother and mine were expecting with us at the same time so she and I were in Sunday School since day 1.

I recall having a crush on her since about age 9. The world stopped turning when she walked in to the room. I was under her spell.

We became friends throughout our teens and 20's but I never told her how I felt about her. That was the number one regret in my life;never telling her how I felt about her.

I hadn't seen her since 1989 then one day in 1990, she told me she was getting married and I was devastated and crushed to say the least.

I thought about her almost every day since 89 and took a chance and found her thru the Internet in March 2005.

She was going thru a divorce at the time and needed emotional support which I was more than happy to provide.

I finally told her that I had been in love with her all along.

One thing led to another and she and I became lovers after 30+ years. We were a couple for 2 years until recently when our lives just wouldn't mesh. We remain friends and I will forever love her until the day I die. So the lesson is to never give up on the dream to one day be with the love of your life. It's worth it.

30 Years Gone, I suppose.

I was married for 17 yrs. Seems like the magic number for marriages to fall apart. The bitch walked out on me and my teenage daughteres and refused to even make things civil. I am remarried and happy. But Ill never forgive her for what she did to her own daughters. You can find happiness again believe me when I tell you! I thought it would never happen yrs ago but it did. I wish I had met the woman IM married to now 20 yrs ago. Would have saved me much anguish. Hang in there you all. When things seem hopeless there is always hope.

Yes there are two paths you can go by but in the long run, theres still time to change the road youre on.

bravo bravo well said my friend

Last November, me and my brother were at some club after we watched the Hockey game at the pub. I was drunk and on the dance floor, this blonde lady came up to me and started talking in my ear. I couldn't hear her, so she repeated herself and I realized she was speaking french. I didn't know why and I couldn't understand it. Then she said "You only speak english?" to which I nodded. "Oh" she said looking confused "I thought you would because of your Montreal Canadiens jersey". I laughed and said "It doesn't happen often". "You wanna dance?" she asked...

I got my groove on and I was very smooth and I was giving her all of my best moves, when all of a sudden, I felt someone pulling me back. I looked over and it was my brother, wanting me to get him more drinks. There was a little tug of war between to both of them over me, but my brother won...

After buying his drinks I run back on the dance floor and I couldn't find her. What made it worse is that I couldn't really remember what she looked like. It could've been a good thing, but damn. I had something going that night.

:'(

Archived