2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Game 3 tonight between the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Saint Louis Cardinals. The next two games are to be in Saint Louis at Busch Stadium. Whether anyone wants to believe this or not, the Saint Louis Cardinals have one of, if not, the Greatest Fanbase in the entire History of the Great Game of Baseball. For those who will watch this game later tonight, expect to see a lot of Red and see for yourself the Passion, Dedication and Excitement that the Saint Louis Cardinals and the City of Saint Louis brings to the National Spotlight.

I have and will always believe that the Saint Louis Cardinals are a team that is and seems destined to make it to the Playoffs, Championship and World Series year after year. Although I realize and know that this will not happen every year, I will always Love and Respect the MIGHTY SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS.

GO CARDINALS!!!

This is true.

GO GIANTS!!

Damned guys can't win at home. :(

Time to start sweatin bro. The monster has been awoken. And the Bum has pitched. Here comes Strasburg. I need the Dodgers to cash in on a nice parlay. I probably should not have said it. Because when I did yesterday I got one planted in my arse

The Saint Louis Cardinals are a Great and a very Relentless Baseball team. Cardinals 3 - Dodgers 1.

The Cardinals lead the series 2 - 1. Game 4 tomorrow afternoon.

Say what you will about Them, but even the most casual baseball fan has to at least appreciate (if not) respect a team like the Cardinals. They give it Their all year after year.

There are very few teams in the past 10 years that have accomplished what the Cardinals seem to accomplish on a very consistent basis. Not the Orioles, the Royals, the Angels, the Nationals and not the Dodgers.

Edited to add: GO CARDINALS!!!

Edited by kingzoso

Time to start sweatin bro. The monster has been awoken. And the Bum has pitched. Here comes Strasburg. I need the Dodgers to cash in on a nice parlay. I probably should not have said it. Because when I did yesterday I got one planted in my arse

No sweat. :)

Congrats! Does the waiting til Friday bother you any?

sabliersmiley.gif

Honestly, since I'm in Chicago until Friday, no :) I'm not going to get back in time for the Friday game and I'd hate to miss more than one!

^^ I don't know--the Dodgers are looking a lot like the Tigers to me; high payroll, high expectations and no bullpen whatsoever. And Kershaw on short rest just screams doom to me. I don't know, maybe Clayton can pull out a miracle tonight--but this time of year, it's hard to bet against St. Louis....

^^ I don't know--the Dodgers are looking a lot like the Tigers to me; high payroll, high expectations and no bullpen whatsoever. And Kershaw on short rest just screams doom to me. I don't know, maybe Clayton can pull out a miracle tonight--but this time of year, it's hard to bet against St. Louis....

The winner of Wash and Giants will have a big shot. I do not think the Cardinals can beat them. I still like the Dodgers to bounce back. We will see. And I like the Nationals to rebound too. The Orioles are waiting forever. And KC. I wonder if they are going to start with Shields? He is the top pitcher they have as a starter. Tillman no doubt for us. Man for man I think we have them over a barrel. Looking forward to tonight's games. The Dodgers just need to pull out this game with Kershaw and then they go home and Greinke puts them away. Of course maybe I had better be carefull what I wish for. I say the Orioles have far less trouble with the Cardinals than the Dodgers. We did a number on them. The Dodgers have the highest payroll. But why do they leave Uribe in there? That fat pumpkin ass has been is killing them. Ellis is on fire. But he was the last out last night. Puig must learn to temper his game. He is a monster of a talent and he just has to learn to control his power

Kershaw coming up to pitch now & I have to assume if he has any advantage over the hitters, it's the shadows that are over the Card's ballpark right now...

Kershaw coming up to pitch now & I have to assume if he has any advantage over the hitters, it's the shadows that are over the Card's ballpark right now...

He has to throw change ups, and something other than fast balls as Harold is pointing out

Yo King? You on? Does Ramirez ring a bell? While you are thinking of Bundy? Wasn't he the night stalker?

Edited by LedZeppfan77

So, I'm assuming with all this rest both teams are getting--Tillman for the Orioles pitching Game 1?

I have no doubt. Game two, I would NOT go with Chen. I would use Gonzalez. He is soooooo rested. Give Miguel the ball. I trust him. Or Gausman. what a beast he was off the bench vs the Tigers. He may have saved our butts. My guess is Tillman, Gonzalez, Gausman, Norris, But Buck is likely to fool me. And what about the vote on Davis? Will he reveal that? I say the team votes for him to be included. But he likely cant play until the series. I hope they beat KC in 5 or less. Game six I am on a plane at 6 pm, Arrive around 7 in Newark NJ. Then? Either a taxi or maybe a surprise ride awaits me? On to Hoboken to watch the Orioles if KC survives that long. I just cannot fear them like the Angels. You know Strider?>

He has to throw change ups, and something other than fast balls as Harold is pointing out

Yo King? You on? Does Ramirez ring a bell? While you are thinking of Bundy? Wasn't he the night stalker?

Yes I am on but really watching the game. Top of 3rd coming up. So far nice pitching from Kershaw and Miller.

The reason I started the Bundy topic is because I finished re-reading Ann Rule's book, The Stranger Besides Me, a few days ago. A very compelling and intense book. That is funny that you mention Ramirez, as in, Richard Ramirez who was indeed the Night Stalker. Two very different serial killers.

Back to baseball. GO CARDINALS!!!

Yes I am on but really watching the game. Top of 3rd coming up. So far nice pitching from Kershaw and Miller.

The reason I started the Bundy topic is because I finished re-reading Ann Rule's book, The Stranger Besides Me, a few days ago. A very compelling and intense book. That is funny that you mention Ramirez, as in, Richard Ramirez who was indeed the Night Stalker. Two very different serial killers.

Back to baseball. GO CARDINALS!!!

Damn this Kershaw is scarey

Damn this Kershaw is scarey

Yes he is tonight. I am off to work at 7pm so I will have to keep track of the rest of the game on my phone. Even if the Cardinals lose this game, I will still have all My confidence in them going back to Los Angeles and winning it there.

GO CARDINALS!!!