2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

The Dodgers may be finished--and if they are, I imagine heads will be rolling in Los Angeles. That payroll combined with the World Series expectations and if they go out in the 1st round, there will be some house cleaning...

Mattingly should be the first to go. Outhitting them 7-4 and he leaves a great pitcher in on short rest an inning too long. Mattingly stinks

Yeah, I expect the news to come down tomorrow that somebody in LA is getting their ass fired--if the announcement doesn't come out tonight. Maybe there should be 2 vacancies in the LA area, or somewhere near LA--how far is Anaheim from LA? I'm sure Strider knows & I believe Strider also thinks Mike Scioscia has incriminating photos of Arte Moreno--how else does he keep his job?

Edited by paul carruthers

For the 4th year In a row, the Saint Louis Cardinals are playing in the National League Championship Series. I am fairly positive that there is no other team in the past 10 years that could make that same claim.

Congratulations to the Saint Louis Cardinals and their whole Organization, manager Mike Matheny and to the city of Saint Louis and the Cardinals Fans around the Globe.

GO CARDINALS!!!

For the 4th year In a row, the Saint Louis Cardinals are playing in the National League Championship Series. I am fairly positive that there is no other team in the past 10 years that could make that same claim.

Congratulations to the Saint Louis Cardinals and their whole Organization, manager Mike Matheny and to the city of Saint Louis and the Cardinals Fans around the Globe.

GO CARDINALS!!!

And the road just got easier for the Orioles. LOL. This game is unreal. Gotta love that wild pitch out. Drawn up on the chalk board. Ha

I actually fear the Giants more than the Nationals. But that is just Me. The Saint Louis Cardinals fear no team.

The Giants are amazing. They played most of the season like they didn't even want it behind the stinkin' Dodgers. Now look where they are. Maybe they play their best under pressure.

Hello St. Louis.

:)

The Giants are amazing. They played most of the season like they didn't even want it behind the stinkin' Dodgers. Now look where they are. Maybe they play their best under pressure.

Hello St. Louis.

I think that yours is a good post because the same can almost be said of the Cardinals. However, the Cardinals always want it every single year. Even with the complete meltdown of the Milwaukee Brewers, the Cardinals never lost focus and played every game as a game that They had to win. The Cardinals are a very patient and definitely a very relentless baseball team. Besides being a very good and relentless team, the Saint Louis Cardinals are also a GREAT BASEBALL TEAM/ORGANIZATION. How else can anyone deny the FACT that the Cardinals are going into the National League Championship Series for the 4th time in the past 4 years.

For any people that read this and still dismiss the Cardinals, 4 times in 4 years in a row. 2011, 2012, 2013, and now 2014. The Los Angeles Dodgers and especially Puig and Kershaw are way too overrated. Puig struck out a Post-Season record of consecutive 7 times at bat. He got benched in yesterdays game. Kershaw may be a great pitcher but he got bombarded by the bats of the Cardinals in both his starts. A Sandy Koufax he is not and will never be. The Cardinals got his number and clocked him when it came down to it and when it mattered. Who cares if he struck out 9 Cardinals. Who won the game against him?

To put this into perspective to the American league teams the Baltimore Orioles and the Kansas City Royals, the last time that the Orioles were in the ALCS was back in 1997. That was 14 years ago. 14 years. I was 29 back then. The last time the Orioles were in the World Series was way, way back in 1983 when they defeated the Phillies. That was over 31 years ago when I was just a 12 year old kid. I am 43 now.

The last time the Royals won a World Series was 2 years after the Orioles won. In 1985. Who did the Royals defeat? The Saint Louis Cardinals.

Anybody who read this, are you receiving this? These are baseball historical facts. My point is: the Saint Louis Cardinals have been the way Better Historical Team than the 2 American League teams that are about to face off against each other.

Like I said in an earlier/recent post, even if anyone who "hates" the Saint Louis Cardinals has to "Respect" the Saint Louis Cardinals.

The Cardinals may or may not win the NLCS or the WS this year, but They will be back next year and will always be a team to that will give the city of Saint Louis and Their fans another great baseball season.

I am saying this now: The Saint Louis Cardinals are going to win the 2014 World Series and will definitely be back in 2015 and be in the same situation of advancing to the 2015 National League Championship Series and will be in the 2015 World Series (against who knows).

If anyone wants to "challenge" Me on these facts that I have provided (and researched), I will gladly defend what I have posted.

I AM SO PROUD TO BE A LONGTIME, DEDICATED AND DIE-HARD FAN OF THE SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS!!!

GO CARDINALS!!!

Edited to add: If it does indeed come to the World Series between the Saint Louis Cardinals and the Baltimore Orioles, I just want to say that it does not matter if the Orioles beat the Cardinals 2 games out of 3 a couple of months ago. This is for the complete Baseball Championship and just because one team wins 2 games out of 3 during the regular season makes no matter.

Calculate and speculate all anyone wants but it comes down to the best team in baseball this year.

Those are the Orioles and Royals and the Giants and the Cardinals.

Good Luck to all.

Edited by kingzoso

Listen Mr King. The Cardinals have done well in the National League. But they do not have to deal with the high pay roll likes of the Yankees and Red Sox year in and out. Don't forget the shitty division they play in. i am sure you spilled out your BS and ran. You won't read what anyone else has to say. I think its a true toss up now in the NL and I do know the better team lost because of a manager that should be managing little league. Mattingly is the ONLY reason you won. His stupidity not to pull the best pitcher on the planet soon enough. I do not believe the Orioles have ever met either of the NL teams that are left in the series? But I sure do not fear either.

You know King, what about your poster boy Mark McGuire? Should we discuss the disgrace he was? Is? Always will be. And lets compare him to Cal Ripken. Gee, not much to compare is there?

Edited by LedZeppfan77

Listen Mr King. The Cardinals have done well in the National League. But they do not have to deal with the high pay roll likes of the Yankees and Red Sox year in and out. Don't forget the shitty division they play in. i am sure you spilled out your BS and ran. You won't read what anyone else has to say. I think its a true toss up now in the NL and I do know the better team lost because of a manager that should be managing little league. Mattingly is the ONLY reason you won. His stupidity not to pull the best pitcher on the planet soon enough. I do not believe the Orioles have ever met either of the NL teams that are left in the series? But I sure do not fear either.

You know King, what about your poster boy Mark McGuire? Should we discuss the disgrace he was? Is? Always will be. And lets compare him to Cal Ripken. Gee, not much to compare is there?

Bottom line......The Dodgers choked.

Go Giants.

^^ Rick, are you asking about the Giants and Cards? If I remember correctly, I believe they met 2 years ago in the NLCS--I believe the Cards were up 3 to 1 in that series before the G-Men pulled off the miracle comeback and, of course, we know what they did to the Tigers after that.

At minimum I think this is a 6 game series--the G-Men will pull it out somehow (I hope)...

^^ Rick, are you asking about the Giants and Cards? If I remember correctly, I believe they met 2 years ago in the NLCS--I believe the Cards were up 3 to 1 in that series before the G-Men pulled off the miracle comeback and, of course, we know what they did to the Tigers after that.

At minimum I think this is a 6 game series--the G-Men will pull it out somehow (I hope)...

If only to shut up one bragger I suspect. LOL.

ALCS Prediction: Kansas City defeats the Baltimore Orioles in 6 games. KC 4 - Bal -2

NLCS Prediction: Saint Louis defeats the San Francisco Giants in 5 games. StL 4 - Sf 1.

World Series: The Saint Louis Cardinals defeat the Kansas City Royals in 6 games. Saint Louis 4 - Kansas City 2.

THE SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS ARE THE WINNERS OF THE 2014 WORLD SERIES!!!

WAY TO GO SAINT LOUIS!!!

Bottom line......The Dodgers choked.

Go Giants.

Or as they're known around these parts...the Choking Dogs. LA Times sports columnist T.J. Simers first coined that sobriquet for the Dodgers about 10 years ago or so, in the midst of another floundering season. It's stuck with them ever since, after playoff futility accrues year after year.

Baltimore wipes KC out in 5 or 4 games. Giants and Cardinals wage a 7 game battle...and I literally don't know which team will prevail. They both are so clutch in the postseason that they could end up playing a 20-inning Game 7.

Or as they're known around these parts...the Choking Dogs. LA Times sports columnist T.J. Simers first coined that sobriquet for the Dodgers about 10 years ago or so, in the midst of another floundering season. It's stuck with them ever since, after playoff futility accrues year after year.

Baltimore wipes KC out in 5 or 4 games. Giants and Cardinals wage a 7 game battle...and I literally don't know which team will prevail. They both are so clutch in thhe postseason that they could end up playing a 20-inning Game 7.

I am in 100% agreement with you Strider. I see them the same way. I cannot possibly seperate the Giants and Cardinals. The better teams lost in the NL due to terrible managing on the Dodgers part at least. Mattingtly needs to be shown the door. Kershaw has a 1 hitter going into the 7th. If they have the biggest payroll, why did they not make sure they had a bullpen? Stupid. Just like the Tigers were stupid thinking they could win with just starting pitching. As for your Angels, they are a better team than KC. but they choked. No other explanation. Trout hit that opening at bat homer in the desperation game. That was it. CHOKE JOB. The Orioles beat the best already. The Tigers to me would have destroyed the other teams that are left. Its a matter of execution. Nobody has Baltimore's talent of the remaining teams

I get the feeling the Royals could be stiffer competition than a lot of people think--I'm not saying they will win the Series, but if it goes 6, maybe even 7, I wouldn't be shocked. When it comes to managers, the O's clearly have the edge, as well as in the power department.

Starting pitching and bullpens--between the 2, I think both teams may be even in those departments. And Kansas City loves to play small ball--getting runners on, stealing, bunting them over. It should be a fun series and I would not be shocked if the Royals stole a game in Baltimore--we'll see how it goes tomorrow. Both teams should be well rested...

I am in 100% agreement with you Strider. I see them the same way. I cannot possibly seperate the Giants and Cardinals. The better teams lost in the NL due to terrible managing on the Dodgers part at least. Mattingtly needs to be shown the door. Kershaw has a 1 hitter going into the 7th. If they have the biggest payroll, why did they not make sure they had a bullpen? Stupid.

Especially in the NL, where the pen seems to be used more as a result of pinch-hitting for the pitcher.

Just goes to show, the teams with the highest payroll don't "buy" championships. Glad that argument has been put to rest - again! :zzz:

I'm rooting for KC the rest of the way....which means they will probably get swept by the O's.

Especially in the NL, where the pen seems to be used more as a result of pinch-hitting for the pitcher.

Just goes to show, the teams with the highest payroll don't "buy" championships. Glad that argument has been put to rest - again! :zzz:

I'm rooting for KC the rest of the way....which means they will probably get swept by the O's.

Well we all agree on the fact the Giants and Cardinals is a real true toss up. You can cheer for KC all you want. Very few pick them and nobody with a brain can say they have the weapons Baltimore has. The Angels had many more. But Buck is not Scocia. And guys like Markakis, Hardy, and Cruz and Jones will not be choking. Orioles in 5. Now we have Hardy locked in