2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

Unfortunately, I can't get the Baltimore feed of the game, so I'm stuck with those YES Network mutts. <_<

In that case, I'd say the mute button is your best friend. Ugh...

In that case, I'd say the mute button is your best friend. Ugh...

Jiminez did not pitch that bad,. If Markakis holds on to the damn ball its tied. We are not likely to see Machado until May. He is in Florida. But I did not expect Hardy to be out. I know he is day to day but its a killer having Hardy out of this lineup. I like what I see of Lombardozzi. Shoop is a fucking block head. Gets thrown out sleeping at 2nd. Still, its only a 2 run game and they need to keep it that way or this one will be in the loss column. At full strength we are by far better than this Yankee team

By far better? Last year when the Yanks were at about a third of full strength, they hung in with your overachieving O's to the last week, so don't give me that crap. 5-3 after starting 0-2, not bad especially losing Teixeira and Robertson to the DL already....I still think Girardi is one of the most underrated managers in baseball.

Very short list of games today and no NBA. Why? For this lousy stinking NCAA final?

I don't think it's 'stinking' at all. I'm very intrigued by tonight's game, and as a betting man, Rick Olé, you should be celebrating two underdog teams making it to the Championship Game.

I'll be switching to the Red Sox-Rangers game during the breaks.

^^^ :hysterical: How do we know Paul didn't write that note? Somewhere, PC is laughing/crying in his drink.

And for something MLB related, if only the Angels could play the Astros for 157 more games....

Yeah...and 28 other teams would like that, too. Hell, even the Astros wished they could play themselves.

^^ Well, I'm agnostic so I couldn't have possibly written that note. :P There must be some other unearthly explanation for the Mets.

Hell, now that I think about it, at 2-4, we're not as bad as that record reflects. Let's see how this upcoming series with the Braves goes. If the Braves tear us a new one, then I will be writing my own notes about the Muts....

By far better? Last year when the Yanks were at about a third of full strength, they hung in with your overachieving O's to the last week, so don't give me that crap. 5-3 after starting 0-2, not bad especially losing Teixeira and Robertson to the DL already....I still think Girardi is one of the most underrated managers in baseball.

Losing Machado and Hardy is far bigger IMO. We will bounce back. The Yankees probably have the least talented team they have put on the field in a long time. A couple of mistakes beat us yesterday. The good news is Boston and Tamps have not come out of the gates smoiking either

7-4, last time I looked. I'm guessing it's couch chewing time...

Chen gave up a double but got them out with no damage. I think this is it for him though. Stinson up and ready to go. We could use a few more runs for insurance. Thanks to Chen

It's over 90° today, so after spending all day at the beach, I'm heading to my first baseball game of the season. Detroit is in town to face the Dodgers for their only visit, and since I have Detroit in the World Series for the baseball contest, I want to check the Tigers out in person.

Unfortunately, Verlander pitched last night so he won't be available for the Dodger series, but Scherzer ain't a bad substitute.

Well this Japanese kid makes his big NY debut tomorrow night vs Miguel who has a wretched 18 era due to that stinker vs the Red Sox. Speaking of whom have come crashing down to Earth. I can hear the thud all the way from Mass. They are getting pounded as I type. What are the Yankees going to do with that horrendous bullpen of theirs? If their starters flounder, and they will, they are in huge trouble. Sabathia is no longer what he was. Kuroda is good and probably their best right now. As for our pitching, I am fine with our bullpen. As for our starters, Chen has be concerned because I do not think we can get more than 6 or 7 good innings from him on good nights. I am hoping that Gonzalez was a victim to a cold night. I expect him to pitch far better tomorrow. When we get Machado and Hardy back our defense and other problems will be gone. I am praying Hardy is ready tomorrow night as he is listed to return this week. We miss his glove and bat. But some of these new guys have been pleasant surprises. Cruz is no surprse. Devon who hit the home run today that broke the Yankees back and Schoop have done well. Devon Young is the guy I meant. I was going to praise Lough also but just learned he is going on the disabled list now. His defense was impressive. So its hurry back Manny and Hardy. I am wondering if Dylan Bundy who also has a minor injury is going to crack this lineup? And I am wondering on the status of Gausman who looked great last year? Tillman is a monster as is Fernandez of Miami. I like my Cy picks but am now real worried aboiut picking Arizona to get in. Knowing Corbin is gone for the season does not help. Trombo and Goldshmidt are their studs. I hope they get it going. So rubber game tomorrow and then the Red Sox go into NY. In case you missed it, 14-5 O's today. Chen gets the win.

Ended up picking a great game to attend...Dodgers beat Detroit in extra innings. Dee Gordon led off with a home run and Carl Crawford ended it with a walk-off RBI hit.

Both Scherzer and Haren pitched well and it was 2-1 when both pitchers were out of the game by the 8th inning. Jensen couldn't seal the deal for the Dodgers in the 9th, allowing the tying run to score. That left it up to Carl Crawford in the 10th to get the game-winning hit off Joba Chamberlain, scoring Chone Figgins from 1st. Dodgers - 3 Tigers - 2.

The 3 Bs...

Beer, Bag of peanuts, Baseball

post-1470-0-65525500-1397038845_thumb.jp

The First Pitch

post-1470-0-74884200-1397038907_thumb.jp

7th inning stretch..."Take Me Out to the Ballgame"

post-1470-0-47668400-1397039003_thumb.jp

Dodgers win...Figgins scores as Crawford is about to get mobbed near third base

post-1470-0-02855500-1397039125_thumb.jp

Ended up picking a great game to attend...Dodgers beat Detroit in extra innings. Dee Gordon led off with a home run and Carl Crawford ended it with a walk-off RBI hit.

Both Scherzer and Haren pitched well and it was 2-1 when both pitchers were out of the game by the 8th inning. Jensen couldn't seal the deal for the Dodgers in the 9th, allowing the tying run to score. That left it up to Carl Crawford in the 10th to get the game-winning hit off Joba Chamberlain, scoring Chone Figgins from 1st. Dodgers - 3 Tigers - 2.

The 3 Bs...

Beer, Bag of peanuts, Baseball

attachicon.gifIMG_20140408_190915.jpg

The First Pitch

attachicon.gifIMG_20140408_191045.jpg

7th inning stretch..."Take Me Out to the Ballgame"

attachicon.gifIMG_20140408_211448.jpg

Dodgers win...Figgins scores as Crawford is about to get mobbed near third base

attachicon.gifIMG_20140408_223350.jpg

Nice pics Strider. What kind of beer is that? I am watching alot of baseball as I have bought the package. Can get any game, any where, any time. Love it. We have to go after that new young Japanese pitcher the yankees gave a boatload of money to. His first game at the stadium. I am hoping we ruin it for him. Hardy is listed to return. Thank God. Now we just need Manny Machado. I know that Gonzalez must pitch far better than last week. I know he is capable. They will be in a foul mood after we rung them up for 14. Go O's!!!

^^^ It was a Golden Road IPA, Rick.

The game ended at 10:33pm...which would have been 12:33am in Bong-Man's time, so he might have missed the ending. Jensen striking out Miggie in the 9th was a key moment.

Forgot to mention two former Angels I liked were in the game: Torii Hunter for the Tigers crashed headfirst into the wall and had to leave the game early. Chone Figgins was a late sub and ended up scoring the winning run.

Loss aside, I still like the Tigers for the long haul.

So, are your O's gonna hang two touchdowns on the Yankees again today, Rick Olé?

That reminds me of another moment in the game last night. In the 8th or 9th inning, seemingly apropos of nothing, a "Yankees Suck!" cheer started eminating from the right field corner stands near the foul pole. Either they were responding to a fan wearing Yankee gear or maybe it was because of Joba Chamberlain.

LZ's "Immigrant Song" was played during a timeout in the 9th inning. :)

^^^ It was a Golden Road IPA, Rick.

The game ended at 10:33pm...which would have been 12:33am in Bong-Man's time, so he might have missed the ending. Jensen striking out Miggie in the 9th was a key moment.

Forgot to mention two former Angels I liked were in the game: Torii Hunter for the Tigers crashed headfirst into the wall and had to leave the game early. Chone Figgins was a late sub and ended up scoring the winning run.

Loss aside, I still like the Tigers for the long haul.

So, are your O's gonna hang two touchdowns on the Yankees again today, Rick Olé?

That reminds me of another moment in the game last night. In the 8th or 9th inning, seemingly apropos of nothing, a "Yankees Suck!" cheer started eminating from the right field corner stands near the foul pole. Either they were responding to a fan wearing Yankee gear or maybe it was because of Joba Chamberlain.

Jim Johnson on the mound right now with bases loaded. One out and the A's up 4-2. They were up 4-0 with two on and nobody out top of first. Now its the 9th and Johnson has the A's fans with their stomachs in pain. I am sooo used to that. I do not miss him.. But I bet a 3 teamer. A's, Cleveland and KC. Oh NO. Base hit and 4-3 and the guy at 3rd was thrown out. Maybe,. No. But its a challenge. Yikes. Fucking Johnson. Tommy Hunter is far better. Good riddens

Archived