2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

My only trepidations was picking the NL East Winner but the Braves are always a regular season machine then get bounced early in the playoffs. I think the wild card, so to speak will be if the Nats can bounce back after a disappointing 2013 season.

I also thought about a lot of teams for the AL Wild Cards, Seattle & the Royals, but in the end I think the O's will lock up one of those spots.

I am obviously hoping for more than a Wild card for the O's. I think Seattle will be the most improved team in the AL. the Dodgers are the early favorites to win it all in Vegas Leaving the Indians out is also dangerous. And of course Boston. Yankees? Not this year

Hmmm, would you want the headaches that might come with signing him?

ESPN analyst says this will give Baltimore one of the best teams across the board. This final move. The move for Jiminez has been pretty much praised by most of the experts I have read

Still cannot believe Brian Roberts is a Yankee. They are desperate

33 days 'til opening night, and doesn't spring training start today? I see the Yanks & Tigers have games scheduled....

Well Paul I am a bit disappointed at the turnout so far after certain members expressed interest in the baseball season. Maybe because its so early and Spring training has not taken place yet? Maybe they are simply waiting which I can understand. But they could at least chime in. I do not understand people. Lets just hope they participate. And no answer from the admin. I do not know if I take that as a no, or an "I do not want to be bothered with your bullshit"? In a week i will be down. So I hand you the reigns to explain anything if they wish to enter the contest . If you all want to change anything its fine with me.

I am going to participate. Could someone please tell me where to go to get a list of the divisions so I can pick my teams?

I pick one team from each division for the regular season, right?

You should be able to find everything you need at mlb.com

Rick, I'm in. I'll pick when I get back from Spring Training.

Picks:

Wild cards:

Pittsburgh

Baltimore

AL- East

Boston Red Sox

AL - Central

Detroit Tigers

AL - West

Texas Rangers

NL - East

Atlanta Braves

NL - Central

St. Louis Cardinals

NL - west

LA Dodgers

Could you please post them in the contest thread? Also I am told there are two wild cards in each league? Yes, there are two wild cards.

You should be able to find everything you need at mlb.com

Rick, I'm in. I'll pick when I get back from Spring Training.

Jealous! Have a great time. Look forward to reading your reports. Thinking about heading to Baltimore at some point this season....

Well Paul I am a bit disappointed at the turnout so far after certain members expressed interest in the baseball season. Maybe because its so early and Spring training has not taken place yet? Maybe they are simply waiting which I can understand.

I'll be joining too, but will wait until the end of March.

• 2 weeks later...

Long Live the Best Team in Baseball History!!!

This is Proof:

Edited to add:

I know that My claim is merely a claim. I do believe in the Saint Louis Cardinals and their Power and obvious History to win a lot of World Series (or at least make it to the Playoffs, year after Year). There are not too many MLB teams that can prove and claim that for the past 5 years. Even if the STL. Cardinals do not prove what They are capable of this year, They are, and will always be, World Champion material. Ever since the 1950's to the 2050's. That is 100 years of MLB Excellence. (Who can really match that?)

^^^

Is that a rhetorical question? Because we're still 36 years away from 2050, so you're kind of jumping the gun with your 1950 to 2050 100 years of excellence claim.

Meanwhile, there is a team out there that actually does have a documented and factually confirmed 100 years of excellence and greatness. But I'll let a true fan like Walter have the pleasure of clueing you in.

You can't clue in someone who obviously comes on here drunk, again, only to stir up sh!t....he should've remained banned after he revealed who he really is.

The St. Louis Cardinal fans are usually a classy bunch.

You can't clue in someone who obviously comes on here drunk, again, only to stir up sh!t....he should've remained banned after he revealed who he really is.

The St. Louis Cardinal fans are usually a classy bunch.

First of all: How do you know that I was "obviously drunk" when I posted what I posted about the Saint Louis Cardinals and the video of them winning the 2011 World Series? Did you personally witness me drinking or drunk?

Secondly: How Am I "stirring up Shit" when I am only professing My Love, Admiration, Devotion, Dedication and Loyalty, Etc.. to My Favorite Baseball Team in/on a topic devoted to "Base Ball"? The Saint Louis Cardinals.

If you call that "stirring up Shit" I feel sorry for you as you seem to be a person of a weak and ineffectual mindset.

Retort as you will (if you do), I do not care or concern Myself with people that are only have negative things to say about others, like you do.

LONG LIVE THE MIGHY LED ZEPPELIN AND THE SAINT LOUIS CARDINALS!!! TWO OF THE GREATEST BRANDS IN THE HISTORY OF THE PLANET EARTH!!!

Archived