2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

I don't follow baseball like I did 20-25 years ago.

But if KC makes it to the World Series against St Louis, KC will take the Cards out in four, maybe five games.

After all, I was born in a KC suburb.....and that should work in in jabe's favor.

No comments necessary. You win with class and you lose with class, and that's not found at the bottom of a bottle at 4:00 am.

If this is or was directed at Me, I have no Fucking idea what you mean by this seemingly and mostly inane comment.

I usually work till midnight/12am Central Standard Time. That means that I do not get home till after midnight and have a chance to eat, smoke, start drinking and post comments on any of these topics on this Awesome and Brilliant Led Zeppelin forum.

Just because I post something that I think is relevant or not (on any topic) on this LZ forum, do not think, that because of the time, that I am "drunk" or whatever. It is late at this very moment and I am completely "sober".

I have MY complete confidence that the Saint Louis Cardinals are going to beat the San Francisco Giants (and are going to...)

So Walter, if you are attempting to denigrate Me with words, I will only say this with words that even you can understand. Fuck You and Fuck Off. Just because your team did not make the Post-Season, let it go.

GO CARDINALS!!!

A really good game today from San Francisco and Saint Louis. The Cardinals down 4 runs from the bottom of the 1st inning. More often then not, the Cardinals played their baseball and eventually tied the game. It was the bottom of the 10th that the Giants came back to win the game on a bad throw from the pitcher to first base.

I am confident that the Cardinals will come back tomorrow night to even out the series (again).

GO CARDINALS!!!

Baltimore is certainly doing their part to make the Kansas City Royals look like the 1976 Cincinnati Reds. The Royals look unstoppable...everything is going right for them and nothing is happening for the Orioles.

I imagine it hurts to be an Os fan right now, for this surely isn't how most folks figured the ALCS would go. ebk and Rick and Black Dawg, I know you're suffering.

Yet, I remember an ALCS ten years ago that also looked all but over for the Red Sox as they were down 0-3 to the Yankees and even fell way behind in Game 4 before mounting that miracle comeback. If it happened once, it can happen again. Why not the Orioles in 2014?

Well we all agree on the fact the Giants and Cardinals is a real true toss up. You can cheer for KC all you want. Very few pick them and nobody with a brain can say they have the weapons Baltimore has. The Angels had many more. But Buck is not Scocia. And guys like Markakis, Hardy, and Cruz and Jones will not be choking. Orioles in 5. Now we have Hardy locked in

So far the Giants and the Cardinals are a "real true toss up" even though the Giants are up 2-1. I am not too worried at the moment. There is a reason the Saint Louis Cardinals are playing in their 4th consecutive NLCS. They find a way to win.

The Orioles may have had the weapons during the regular season and the series against the Tigers, but where are those weapons now? It seems as though they have all chocked and choked BAD. However, luckily for you, there is still the slightest and slimmest chance yet for the Orioles. It has been done before as someone pointed out a post or two previous. What are all the "experts" saying? I know that you pay attention to all that stuff way more then I do. Are they saying that the Orioles are going to somehow overcome this 0-3 deficit and still make it to the 2014 World Series? If not, you may have to wait another 32 years to see the Baltimore Orioles in a World Series.

Remember. A no comment is more incriminating then a comment (or something like that or close to that or just that).

Edited to add: If the Baltimore Orioles do happen to mount a tremendous comeback and beat the Kansas City Royals in the ALCS, you can call me all the names you want and say whatever makes you happy and the "I told you sos", etc... and I will have absolutely no problem with that. In fact, I think that I would deserve it. That is, only if the Orioles win the next 4 games in a row.

Peace!!!... and GO CARDINALS!!!

I have a very strong feeling that those that follow and post on this topic will not be hearing or reading any new posts from Rick. His boasts and hypes of the 2014 Orioles and how they are the best baseball team of all time and how they will have no problem handling the Kansas City Royals and sweeping them and winning the 2014 World Series. He claimed that the Orioles have the weapons and the "best bullpen in the history of baseball" on his/their side. All I want to say to him is to be prepared to see your team be humiliated and dominated in Kansas City.

What do you have to say? And please have some decency and do not tell me to commit suicide and jump off of the Golden Gate Bridge like YOU DID say to redrum in your ignorant and inane post #1744.

Baseball is JUST a game. There is NO reason to wish another Led Zeppelin and fellow Baseball Fan to suggest that they KILL THEMSELVES just because you do not agree with what they typed. For a 70 year old man, that is the most intolerable and most insensitive comment that a person your age can say to someone that they have and never will know or meet (over a post about a baseball team). That comment in and of itself should merit ridicule and scorn from anyone that reads this.

Am I the one that has to say that You need to apologize to all the Led Zeppelin and Baseball Fans that you have mocked, scorned, disparaged, denigrated, etc... just to justify that the ridiculous fact that you had/have the notion that the orioles were going to win every 2014 playoff game that they played?

I Love/Hate to say this but the Baltimore orioles are going to be the biggest joke in Baseball for many years to come.

The Saint Louis Cardinals have and will always be a World Championship Team regardless if they do not make it to the 2014 World Series. If they do not make it this year, mark MY words, They will be back in 2015 in the same ole situation, and that is to play the other good National League team and defeat them with a Vengeance.

After the Orioles lose in the next day or two, Nellie Cruz can go back to being a "Junkie" or a "Doper".

GO CARDINALS!!!

From sweeping the Tigers, to about to get swept by the Royals--what a turnaround that would be for Baltimore. These Kansas City Royals are no joke, but again, I have to go back to this issue.

If the Royals sweep--and there's no reason to think they won't--what will that mean for them, as far as days off before the World Series? Everyone expects the Giants/Cards series to go 6, if not 7, so the Royals might be sitting around for awhile and we've seen in the past what a detriment that can be to a team.

I have to say and admit that the Cardinals came on very strong in the first few innings of last nights game, however, the Giants eventually out-played the Cardinals. I don't like that one bit, but I do respect that.

Believe it or not, I am not giving up on the Cardinals until the final out (and never giving up on Them ever). If the Saint Louis Cardinals can not or do not overcome this 3-1 deficit, I will always be a Proud and Loyal Saint Louis Cardinals Baseball Fan. We all know their most recent history. 4 times/4 years. I think that next season the Cardinals will do the unprecedented feat and make it 5 times/5 years and win the NLCS and make another trip to the World Series.

As for the others on here that posted and boasted about their team(s), and how they were indestructible, I do not see them congratulating the other team(s) that beat them. (I can understand why), But at least have dignity to acknowledge them.

One person of note has not even posted a single thing since his team were down 3-0 (or 0-3). We all know who that person is. I guess I would be too embarrassed/humiliated, etc... to come into this topic and make excuse after excuse as to why his team failed to win 1 game when he literally said that his team would sweep the other team and were basically a "no-brainer" to win the 2014 World Series. I know that he is reading these posts, but for his own reason fails to comment on them (again, humiliation, embarrassment, does not want to look like an idiot, etc...). Just come out and concede that all your boasts, hypes, etc... about the Baltimore Orioles being the greatest team in the history of baseball blew up in your fucking face. At least have the Balls to say that you said all that about your team and that your team was humiliated and Dominated by the very team that you thought was a "weak" team. The same "weak" team that beat your team in your own park and took the series back to KC and won the ALCS.

My team, the Saint Louis Cardinals, may lose the NLCS to the San Francisco Giants, but at least the Cardinals are always a serious baseball team that will always be a threat to any other National League team(s) for decades to come.

I think that the 2014 Baltimore Orioles was a good team, but, in the long run, the 2014 Baltimore Orioles are going to be just another funny punch line and a joke of a team. Good of the good but not good enough to make it to the World Series. Go back and read at least 100 of your posts and then go back and hide behind your embarrassment. And do not forget that you posted that you wanted redrum to commit suicide and jump off the SF Golden Gate Bridge.

One Last Time: GO CARDINALS!!!

I have to say and admit that the Cardinals came on very strong in the first few innings of last nights game, however, the Giants eventually out-played the Cardinals. I don't like that one bit, but I do respect that.

Believe it or not, I am not giving up on the Cardinals until the final out (and never giving up on Them ever). If the Saint Louis Cardinals can not or do not overcome this 3-1 deficit, I will always be a Proud and Loyal Saint Louis Cardinals Baseball Fan. We all know their most recent history. 4 times/4 years. I think that next season the Cardinals will do the unprecedented feat and make it 5 times/5 years and win the NLCS and make another trip to the World Series.

As for the others on here that posted and boasted about their team(s), and how they were indestructible, I do not see them congratulating the other team(s) that beat them. (I can understand why), But at least have dignity to acknowledge them.

One person of note has not even posted a single thing since his team were down 3-0 (or 0-3). We all know who that person is. I guess I would be too embarrassed/humiliated, etc... to come into this topic and make excuse after excuse as to why his team failed to win 1 game when he literally said that his team would sweep the other team and were basically a "no-brainer" to win the 2014 World Series. I know that he is reading these posts, but for his own reason fails to comment on them (again, humiliation, embarrassment, does not want to look like an idiot, etc...). Just come out and concede that all your boasts, hypes, etc... about the Baltimore Orioles being the greatest team in the history of baseball blew up in your fucking face. At least have the Balls to say that you said all that about your team and that your team was humiliated and Dominated by the very team that you thought was a "weak" team. The same "weak" team that beat your team in your own park and took the series back to KC and won the ALCS.

My team, the Saint Louis Cardinals, may lose the NLCS to the San Francisco Giants, but at least the Cardinals are always a serious baseball team that will always be a threat to any other National League team(s) for decades to come.

I think that the 2014 Baltimore Orioles was a good team, but, in the long run, the 2014 Baltimore Orioles are going to be just another funny punch line and a joke of a team. Good of the good but not good enough to make it to the World Series. Go back and read at least 100 of your posts and then go back and hide behind your embarrassment. And do not forget that you posted that you wanted redrum to commit suicide and jump off the SF Golden Gate Bridge.

One Last Time: GO CARDINALS!!!

You are a complete fool. They finished 30 games over 500 and beat the hell out of your damn Cardinals pal. In the end losing 2 AL all stars was too much. You cannot lose guys like Machado, Wieters and Davis and expect it to have no impact. We have a pretty good excuse for not winning it all..Must i also remind you every game was close and decided by a run but one. And that was in extra innings. So it was far closer than it appears. The Orioles will be back stronger when they get those players back and their starting rotation will be better. They have to guys waiting to pitch in Bundy and Santana and I expect them to make moves. They are trying to sign Cruz now and I expect Markakis will chose to stay for less money rather than play any where else. Stick your Cardinals. The Cubs will win that division next year. Count on it. The Orioles will be back and things will be different when they have all their star players. Having Hundley and Flaherty instead of Wieters and Machado was a huge step down. You are such a fool.

:console2:

I guess words aren't enough in a situation like this. Sorry ebk and Rick, maybe next year.

+1

Good post Paul. Especially in baseball where the season is so long and like a roller coaster ride, it's tough when it comes to an end after such promise.

I'm glad for KC fans though, it's been a long time since they have been in this position. Go Royals!

Archived