2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

I Love the Saint Louis Cardinals and was disappointed that they lost to the Giants thus failing to reach the World Series 2 years in a row, but I am not so bitter as one such person who had a lot to say about how his team (over the course of the season) was the greatest team in the 2014 Major Leagues. A team, mind you, that was swept up and sent home packing by the "inferior" team.

The 'inferior" team that just beat the San Francisco Giants 3-2. Thus taking a 2-1 game lead in the Series. I will admit that the SF Giants have been one of the best teams in baseball the last 5 or so years, however, I do not like them because, to me, they are a very cocky and arrogant team. I suppose they have every right to be cocky and arrogant since they win Championships and World Series titles.

On the other hand, the Saint Louis Cardinals know that they are a great team and one that all National League teams have to contend with almost every year but they are also a very modest team. They play baseball to win for themselves and their fans without really boasting about how great a team they are (even when they lose).

I am the one being cocky and arrogant for Them. Even though they lost to the Giants, I have complete and utter confidence that the Saint Louis Cardinals will come back with a vengeance and make the 2015 post-season for the 5th year in a row.

Until the Baltimore Orioles can make the claim that they made it to the post-season 5 years in a row, I will say that they were an anomaly and a fluke this year. I know that he reads these posts even though he may not reply to them because of how much boasting about the Orioles this year and how much they chocked is (it obviously seems) that he is too embarrassed and humiliated that he cannot, after a full baseball season, come up with the words and excuses of why the Orioles are now the "joke" of the 2014 Major League Baseball Season and not the 2014 World Series winners that he so positively predicted that they would be. Remember, a "no comment" is more incriminating then "a comment".

Edited to add: Go Kansas City Royals. Bring the San Francisco Giants off their high horse and give them a reason to be a lot less cocky.

:)

Wait, so you agree his comment that the Giants are too cocky? I'm surprised. I have never felt that these Giants came across as arrogant or cocky. Compared to some other teams, they seem downright quaint and down-to-earth, especially now that Brian Wilson is with the Dodgers.

I sure hope Lincecum is alright. Jeez, first he vomits and misses the Game 1 starting lineups and then he injures his back pitching in Game 2. I hope we get to see more of him in this series.

Wait, so you agree his comment that the Giants are too cocky? I'm surprised. I have never felt that these Giants came across as arrogant or cocky. Compared to some other teams, they seem downright quaint and down-to-earth, especially now that Brian Wilson is with the Dodgers.

I sure hope Lincecum is alright. Jeez, first he vomits and misses the Game 1 starting lineups and then he injures his back pitching in Game 2. I hope we get to see more of him in this series.

I never looked at them that way. I too hope Lincecum can pitch.

Pence did some bragging with his bat, ey?

If you are asking Me, I guess he did. I was at work and did not see one second of the game. So I do not know, but I do know that the Giants won 11-4.

Regardless, I cannot stand ANYONE of the SFG's. Even if they do win or do not win, I could care less. I am rooting for KCR.

At least I have the courage to still post MY OPINIONS on the 2014 Baseball topic, even though the St.L Cardinals are out of the 2014 picture. It very well seems that the same cannot be said of LedZeppFan77. The biggest braggart of the baltimore orioles is a no show and too embarrassed to comment in this topic ever since the orioles were humiliated by the Royals.

Lots of really good baseball last night! I thought that this might be a "boring" pitcher duel type of series but so far most of the games have raised some excitement, I've even gotten my sports hating wife and daughters to watch these games.

Go Giants!

If you are asking Me, I guess he did. I was at work and did not see one second of the game. So I do not know, but I do know that the Giants won 11-4.

Regardless, I cannot stand ANYONE of the SFG's. Even if they do win or do not win, I could care less. I am rooting for KCR.

At least I have the courage to still post MY OPINIONS on the 2014 Baseball topic, even though the St.L Cardinals are out of the 2014 picture. It very well seems that the same cannot be said of LedZeppFan77. The biggest braggart of the baltimore orioles is a no show and too embarrassed to comment in this topic ever since the orioles were humiliated by the Royals.

It's funny how you can't root for the National League team. I'd be rooting for St. Louis if they were in. (Doubt if I'd root for the Dodgers though, only because it's such a fierce rivalry that goes way back).

Go Giants! :)

It's funny how you can't root for the National League team. I'd be rooting for St. Louis if they were in. (Doubt if I'd root for the Dodgers though, only because it's such a fierce rivalry that goes way back).

Go Giants! :)

I believe you will win this Redrum.

Madison Bumgarner is a machine. Take that, Clayton Kershaw!

I just think it sucks because not only did our team lose, but the best team is not going to win. The Dodgers and Nationals were the best teams in the NL. Fact. The Giants had the luck of surviving that one off. This playoffs was a loss for baseball and the viewer ratings prove it. I hope it does not happen again. I am looking forward to getting our 3 all stars back and then we shall see what happens. I have a good idea. I guess I would rather see SF win than KC if I had to pick. But I really do not care. I think its so bad I could not watch one pitch. If the Dodgers, Nats, Angels, our O's, the Tigers had got in, I may have had interest. This is right up there with the 69 Mets and the 69 Jets in Football for all time upsets in sports in my book

I just think it sucks because not only did our team lose, but the best team is not going to win. The Dodgers and Nationals were the best teams in the NL. Fact. The Giants had the luck of surviving that one off. This playoffs was a loss for baseball and the viewer ratings prove it. I hope it does not happen again. I am looking forward to getting our 3 all stars back and then we shall see what happens. I have a good idea. I guess I would rather see SF win than KC if I had to pick. But I really do not care. I think its so bad I could not watch one pitch. If the Dodgers, Nats, Angels, our O's, the Tigers had got in, I may have had interest. This is right up there with the 69 Mets and the 69 Jets in Football for all time upsets in sports in my book

That's too bad you feel that way Rick. This has been a really good, entertaining series. Great pitching and offense when needed. And let's face it, the "best" team during the regular season rarely goes on to win the whole thing. That's just not how the postseason usually works...in any sport.

I'm having a great time watching. It's baseball - how can you not have a great time watching??

Archived