2014 Baseball Thread

jb126

As for My opinions of the San Francisco Giants, I still and will never like them as a team. I know that they are a good team and are always serious contenders in the National League (just as the Saint Louis Cardinals are), however, I still think they are too arrogant and cocky for their own good. I will say that as much as I dislike Hunter Pence and Pablo Sandoval,etc... I do have the utmost respect for Madison Bumgarner. From what I have seen, he is a way better pitcher than the too over-hyped Clayton Kershaw. The Cardinals smacked around Kershaw two years in a row, but they could not get a handle on Bumgarner and the rest of the San Francisco Giants. The Giants were the more dominant team against the Cardinals. Again, even though I dislike them tremendously, I do Respect them.

With all that being said, GO ROYALS!!!

Edit to add: RIP: Oscar Tavares. 1992-2014.

Madison Bumgarner! First complete game in the World Series since 1962! One run allowed in 31 innings! That's a 0.29 ERA!

Go San Francisco Giants!

Actually there have been several complete games pitched in the World Series since 1962...and the most recent complete-game shutout was pitched by Josh Beckett of the Marlins against the Yankees in the 2003 World Series.

But yeah, another great performance by Bumgarner...he's obviously the first choice for WS MVP if the Giants win this thing.

His girlfriend was also killed in the accident. :(

Yes, so sad and tragic. Even if you are not a Saint Louis Cardinals fan, to have a baseball player with so much potential die at such a young age (22) is both sad and tragic. Oscars' girlfriend was only 18 years old.

That is good and funny. Even though they look alike and, of course, are not related, these two do share two similar traits:

1. They are both Ugly as Hell,

2. They are both Cocky as Hell.

Well they have a nice ball park. Go get a row boat and a fishing net and if you can get one hit into the Cove you have yourself some damn money

Well they have a nice ball park. Go get a row boat and a fishing net and if you can get one hit into the Cove you have yourself some damn money

And bring your fishin' pole. We used to catch huge olive rockfish just down the way from there. I'm a catch and release person now.

post-503-0-83393400-1414543415_thumb.jpg

I think the G-Men clinch tonight--we're about to find out.

The only thing they clinched was their butts. I am thinking if the Giants can't start Bumgarner tomorrow for Game 7 they are doomed. If I'm Bochy, I am praying for massive rain.

This might sound silly but when I saw the Royal's pitcher Ventura before he even threw the first pitch with RIP O.T. #18 on his hat, I had a strong feeling that he was going to pitch a good game. I think that this blow-out of a game is exactly what the Giants needed. It gives the Royals the momentum they need to (hopefully) kick San Francisco in the ass and send the Giants back home World Series Losers and maybe take some of the cockiness out of a few of the Giants in the process.

Go Royals!!!

Man, the Royals are relentless. They lose two games in a role in San Francisco only to come back and defeat the Giants in a blow out. The Giants have history on their side but the Royals will have home team advantage in Game 7. Btw, am I the only person who could do without the military vets singing God Bless America during the seventh inning stretch. The guy who sang it during the first game was great but the singers since then have varied in quality. And don't get me started on the commercials about the young African-American athlete named Mo'nae.

I hate to be negative, but this has to go down as perhaps the most "unexciting" (is that a word) 7 game World Series I can remember. There have been some anti-climatic Game 7s--I think back to 2002 between Giants/Angels; but overall this series has really been lacking drama for me & it has nothing to do with the actual teams, just the scores of most of these games.

And I have the feeling tonight may be a bit anti-climatic as well--it seems like a foregone conclusion the Royals will romp tonight....

Man, the Royals are relentless. They lose two games in a role in San Francisco only to come back and defeat the Giants in a blow out. The Giants have history on their side but the Royals will have home team advantage in Game 7. Btw, am I the only person who could do without the military vets singing God Bless America during the seventh inning stretch. The guy who sang it during the first game was great but the singers since then have varied in quality. And don't get me started on the commercials about the young African-American athlete named Mo'nae.

Actually, I think it is the Royals who have history on their side...the home team has won the last 9 Game 7s.

But I agree with your other points. That's why tivo or dvr is so great, you can fast-forward thru all the flotsam and jetsam.

^^^

I heard that stat, too. Another log in the fire in Kansas City's favour, in my opinion. That's why I was saying history was on Kansas City's side not San Francisco's.

Not that the Giants can't win...but their bullpen better be ready. How effective can Bumgarner really be on two days rest?

Archived