My Photos - MSG 1975 & 1977

Hue & Eye

Interesting but I disagree with that. For one thing, Jimmy said his intent was to shock, though he then backpedaled by saying "it wasn't the whole uniform, just the jodhpurs (pants), boots and hat". It's the wrong hat and pants to be an aircraft pilot outfit and beside the Red Baron onstage in Chicago on Easter Sunday doesn't shock nearly as effectively as a storm trooper. David may recall Jimmy also wore a white fedora onstage that night. I have speculated all of this was a homage to Chicago's long-standing association with gangsters....heroin-fueled performance art!

SAJ, and AEN, this reasoning makes sense, it was artistic statement for purposes of the stage...

...Strider, except the plain white satin Stage Suit photo (only one posted here), rest are from MSG, that agrees with DavidZoso's explanation...last New York show on 6-14-77 and the San Diego show on 6-19-77 he wore the white dragon top and "plain white pants again".

They were NOT taken the last night as I saw the shows, w/o cameras, after shooting the show. I remember asking my friend Sam to have another go at shooting because of the height of the stage and my difficulty in getting the shots I wanted. PLUS there was a TV crew there the night of my shooting that got in the way and limited my freedom of movement not to mention my medical condition which definitely didn't help.

Great shots, thanks. I'm surprised you haven't licensed these, but perhaps that's not on your agenda. I can imagine rare shots such as these would be appropriate for the long-awaited reissues of certain LZ albums.

Re: your B&W 1977 ones, I understand you didn't want to get shots "up their noses" - heaven knows what you might have found. Ha!

They were NOT taken the last night as I saw the shows, w/o cameras, after shooting the show. I remember asking my friend Sam to have another go at shooting because of the height of the stage and my difficulty in getting the shots I wanted. PLUS there was a TV crew there the night of my shooting that got in the way and limited my freedom of movement not to mention my medical condition which definitely didn't help.

"Hue & Eye", thank you for this confirmation, and that single photo of white suit, looking closely at the Jacket Top now again, poppy is embroidered indeed, thus it is not entirely plain as I thought, so all of the photos are from MSG, I hope that you will recall more details, (perhaps some events surrounding those dates, may logically connect the photos)

..."The White Dragon/Poppy Suit" is indeed mysterious as "The Dark Lord" himself...

Hue & Eye, a friend of mine who lived in New York at this time wanted me to ask if you took any pictures of Zep at their party at Penn Plaza Towers over MSG? It was after one of the shows. Thank you in advance.

and the last I downsized for the site. I have many, many more.

PLEASE don't spread them around the web.

PLEASE don't sell the scans. I have lots of $$$$$$$$$$ and time in producing these scans. If you want prints please buy some of my far larger scans - about 7MB each.

Can you believe it has been 39 years since these photos were taken - damn!!!!!!!!!!

post-27411-0-62396900-1390774802_thumb.g

post-27411-0-69834000-1390774803_thumb.g

post-27411-0-79370200-1390774804_thumb.g

post-27411-0-80129500-1390774805_thumb.g

post-27411-0-80987500-1390774806_thumb.g

post-27411-0-78120100-1390774807_thumb.g

post-27411-0-78215600-1390774808_thumb.g

WOW. I mean, just absolutely WOW!!!!! Simply stupendous, Hue & Eye, and an incredibly important and valuable addition to the Visual Documentary of Led Zeppelin. Man, even though these photos are from a different venue, they take me back to those 1975 and 1977 shows at the Forum. You've captured some fantastic poses and great emotions in your striking photographs. We are all so fortunate that you had the stamina and good sense to stick it out for the whole concert, instead of leaving after only a few songs as so many photographers do.

Unbelievable images. :notworthy:

I'd be interested in some of your prints, do you have a website or contact info that I can enquire about them through?

I will be opening an account on Shutterfly where my photos will be uploaded and for sale.

Some hefty medical bills hopefully will be paid off in part.

BTW, if the photos don't look so great on your monitor you will need to adjust it. I use a 27" Dell Ultra HD 1440 monitor with color management software that balances my monitor correctly.

All scans are 3800 DPI JPEGs, I simply don't have the storage to go the TIFF route or with a 7200 scan.

I have about 2000 rolls of RnR negs and slides and I only have just begun scanning.

Thanks for the compliments - I am a lucky guy to be at the right time and the right place and a modicum of talent.

My last shot on my last roll of film from 1975

post-27411-0-72150300-1390779249_thumb.g

Archived