Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BronYrAur5231

Autographs

yes i did, i wrote to jimmy and he replied, signing the picture i'd sent to him. however, this was in 1981 and things were very different then. he was still living in at the old mill house in windsor at the time

Has anyone out there had luck with sending autograph requests and getting it back signed? If so, where's you send it to?

From when I met them \/\/\/. Its interesting to hear that Jimmy is not signing anymore. Can someone elaborate on that?

003b_zps392b2a35.jpg

Edited by The Dark Lord

Its interesting to hear that Jimmy is not signing anymore. Can someone elaborate on that?

The professional autograph hunters have really put him off on signing in public, and that's been the case for about seven or eight years now. The high-profile events (premiers, etc) you can pretty much forget it. Even so, when he encounters genuine fans away from the maddening crowds he does continue to sign. If Ross Halfin is present the odds of being afforded an opportunity for Jimmy to sign for you are cut by half.

Edited by SteveAJones

The professional autograph hunters have really put him off on signing in public, and that's been the case for about seven or eight years now. The high-profile events (premiers, etc) you can pretty much forget it. Even so, when he encounters genuine fans away from the maddening crowds he does continue to sign. If Ross Halfin is present the odds of being afforded an opportunity for Jimmy to sign for you are cut by half.

Thanks Steve. The picture I posted above was signed for me, in my presence. If you are wondering what it is, it is the cover off a notebook that I carried and made notes in. That is all I had on me at that moment. Edited by The Dark Lord

1. Who is this Ross Halfin character?

Jimmy's close personal friend and well-known photographer:

http://www.rosshalfin.com/

2. What about Robert and Jonesy? Any luck with them?

Still very accommodating of their fans but do keep signings short (or not at all) when swarmed by professional autograph hunters.

I have a houses of the holy album signed by all 4 members I got 15 years ago from a radio station that went out of business. it has certificate of authenticity with it also. if anyone interested I am taking offers for it. my kids want to go to Disney world so I am saving up for that.