2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia

LedZeppfan77

Shine on you Crazy Diamond !

That was a weird out-of-order arrangement of Shine On You Crazy Diamond Ashley Wagner skated to...and the music choice might have cost her some points.

Wow! The Italian girl, Carolina...Mama Mia!!! Ave Maria was a great music choice too.

I am enjoying the new Team figure skating event. Davis and White did a great short program. Since the men in this thread are commenting on the outfits, I will add my "girly" comments. I hated Meryl's new "My Fair Lady" dress and hair. Hope she uses one of her other dresses when they compete in the Ice Dance events next week. The Canadian's scores were closer than I thought they would be with a mistake on the twizzles.

The ladies competition was good too. Japan's Asada takes a risk by trying the triple axel, but helps her country get a spot in the finals. Russia's teen Lipnitskaya is quite flexible, but I enjoyed USA's Wagner's attack and the mature, sublime skating of Italy's Kostner more.

Got a chance to watch some of the women's hockey this morning. It's nice, but it looks so slow to me compared to the men. Maybe I'll get into it more as the competition gets more heated.

Get your brooms ready!

I watched the Swiss hotties take us apart yesterday. I am learning a bit. Its kind of like shuffleboard, hockey,and bowling all combined.

Prediction: USA women will smash Canada in womens hockey tomorrow. Canadian men will not medal in hockey. Come and get me.

Those pesky little Japs lost 2-1 in womens hockey costing me my parlay with Sweden. It should have been 10-1 if not for the goalie. Japan is 0-46 all time in hockey. Never won an olympic game. :wall:

Oh,to read a history book,...

If I was going to insult them I would call them Nips. Ever heard of that? Right from Archie Bunker's archive's. And there are a few tat still remember Pearl Harbor. Who would have thought that 70 years later they would be bombing us with Honda's and Toyota's, TV's and much more?

Must say, regardless what you think of Putin, they have done a magnificent job so far

Archived