2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia

LedZeppfan77

Oh darn, I cannot read that post above me. I have ignore on. Too bad. As for the games, that is what this thread is for. The Olympics. I feel bad for that German skater that was disqualified for a stupid movement of her left arm. You had to go to replay to even see it. It had nothing to do with the racing. It was before the gun went off. Bullshit to send someone home over that.

olympic-sportsmanship-9.jpg?w=500&h=277

Russia’s Anton Gafarov crashed but still managed to finish the race with help from an opposing coach. Canadian cross country skiing coach Justin Wadsworth ran onto to course to help Gafarov.

That is playing nice!

He did the right thing, when someone needs help, you help - his own coaches ignored him, stupid fucks

You said Putin etc. have done a "magnificent job so far" with the Sochi Olympics. Given the amount of money that was spent - something like four times more than the second most expensive games - the accommodations should be world class. From what has been reported, the accommodations are abysmal.

They have no control of the weather in their defense. The venues are very good. What will you do with them when the games are over? As far as safety, which is number one concern, he has passed so far

Well, the US is getting slaughtered in Curling. Great Britain hammered the US women so hard that they had to invoke the mercy rule, like they were a bunch of Little Leaguers, haha. GB 12, US 3. The men are faring no better, winless in their Olympics so far, too.

How can a nation filled with millions of bowlers and skaters not be able to field a competitive curling team?

Well, the US is getting slaughtered in Curling. Great Britain hammered the US women so hard that they had to invoke the mercy rule, like they were a bunch of Little Leaguers, haha. GB 12, US 3. The men are faring no better, winless in their Olympics so far, too.

How can a nation filled with millions of bowlers and skaters not be able to field a competitive curling team?

Different sport? Wow!

Hidden video monitors in showers, undrinkable water, athletes being locked in elevators, doors falling off hinges, shooting of stray dogs – the games should have been held in North America, Asia, or Europe. Russia is a basket case 25 years after the fall of the Soviet Union, still a shit hole...

Hey sherlock, WTF do you know about it? Shoot,I forgot Mr know it all. Bye!

Look who's Mr. Sensitive all of a sudden. Get a grip. Tell you what...you're the expert, why don't you try out for the Curling team? Help Team USA out.

is it just me but are the atheletes getting younger and better looking? so many blondes, i love blondes

That's always going to be the case with the Winter Olympics, where you have heavy participation from the Nordic countries...Sweden, Norway, Denmark, etc. Blondes as far as the eye can see.

Won't be getting much sleep tonight. USA vs. Slovakia in men's hockey at 4:30am PST...and Jonathan Quick is in goal for the US. Quick better be ready or Rick will never let me hear the end of it.

Won't be getting much sleep tonight. USA vs. Slovakia in men's hockey at 4:30am PST...and Jonathan Quick is in goal for the US. Quick better be ready or Rick will never let me hear the end of it.

If things continue as they have through two periods, a mercy rule for hockey may be appropriate ;-).

US kicked some ass today. 7-1 over Slovakia. Russia up next for the U.S. on Saturday, I think. Who will be in goal for the US...Quick or Miller?

Now it's time for Figure Skating and my favourite event: What Will Johnny Weir Wear?

Archived