Song Remains the Same - Movie Premier/NYC

Hue & Eye

According to my notes, on October 19, 1976 Led Zeppelin & Ahmet Ertegun hosted a post-premier party at 10:30pm (also attended by Mick Jagger, Carly Simon, Ron Wood) at the Pierre Hotel's La Fret Restaurant at 61st Street & 5th Avenue. According to the photographer, the photos above were taken at The Rainbow Room. Were there two separate parties - perhaps one open to the press and one not - or what?

Perhaps my notes are incorrect?

FANTASTIC!!!! :notworthy:

What in Great Odin's Beard does Richard Cole have in his beard? By the way, I'm sure most of you already know, but that is Lisa Robinson standing next to Cole in that photo. Lisa has a book forthcoming which should be a fun read as she was there for large chunks of the tours, covering them for Creem and Hit Parader, among other magazines.

Mick Jagger borrowed a pair of her panties when his underwear broke during the 1972 tour. :o

Also, what happened to Ahmet Ertegun's neck? The guy next to Ahmet (not Mick, the other guy to the right of Ahmet) looks vaguely familiar. I wanna say Albert Brooks, but it's not quite right. Anybody have any ideas?

Jonesy looks very dapper.

Lisa Robinson looks more like a Groupie then a Rock journalist.

It makes Me wonder how much Cocaine was consumed by most of the Attendees at this party? Especially by Jimmy, Mick, Bonzo and Richard Cole (even though the 2 Zep Men are not pictured).

Just imagine if Richard Pryor was at that party. I would venture to guess that there must have been at least a kilo (or two) of Pure Blow if Richard was there. I read that Robert Plant and Richard Pryor used to hang out together when Led Zeppelin took Residence at the Riot House during the "infamous" Badgeholder gigs in 1977. Too Cool I say. Plant and Pryor together, what a comedic combination.

Great pictures, by the way!

I have lots more pictures from the party but can't remember who anyone is, not that I knew back then what the people looked like.

One more - the picture following this one can't be reproduced here.

I'll have to ask my friend Sam where the party was held - I was sure it was the Rainbow room where most big Rock parties were held.

I am not papparazi and if people didn't want their photos taken I obliged - sometimes I was asked by their reps not to take photos. I wasn't one of those pushy in-your-face photographers. I met lots of groups backstage and left my cameras in the bag not seeking to exploit their private time

post-27411-0-83898800-1390066373_thumb.g

Richard taking his pants down and acting like he's gonna pull the snake out ! Someone on here said "He doesn't like that pic being shared" or something of the sort on his FB page. Well, too bad for him, he should've have never done it then !

Very awesome pics ! I'm wondering if these pics from the 19th of October, 1976 were a private viewing !? The date the film of the film premiere of "The Song Remains the Same" in the US - was actually Oct. 21st, 1976, according to what I know.

It looks like Robert changed his clothes and Jonesy looks the same - from all the pics - I've seen. I could not figure out how to paste a pic in here. :o(

• 10 months later...

Attached are some photos I took at the premier of SRTS in NYC. The photos were taken at the Rainbow Room.

My friend Sam is pictured with Simon Kirke.

Great pics thanks for sharing. Did you get to talk to Robert or Jimmy?

I have lots more pictures from the party but can't remember who anyone is, not that I knew back then what the people looked like.

One more - the picture following this one can't be reproduced here.

I'll have to ask my friend Sam where the party was held - I was sure it was the Rainbow room where most big Rock parties were held.

I am not papparazi and if people didn't want their photos taken I obliged - sometimes I was asked by their reps not to take photos. I wasn't one of those pushy in-your-face photographers. I met lots of groups backstage and left my cameras in the bag not seeking to exploit their private time

Typical Richard, such a class act.

Archived