Yes We Scan

apantherfrommd

130808YesWeScan.jpg

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2014/01/17/obama-paul-revere-nsa-speech/4582193/

Did this idiot just compare the NSA (spying on Americans, World Leaders, and everyone else) to Paul Revere?!

:lol: Did people really elect this guy? I know the crap didn't start with him, but he's taken it to a higher level.

NSA collects millions of text messages daily in ‘untargeted’ global sweep

James Ball
theguardian.com
January 16, 2014

The National Security Agency has collected almost 200 million text messages a day from across the globe, using them to extract data including location, contact networks and credit card details, according to top-secret documents.

The untargeted collection and storage of SMS messages – including their contacts – is revealed in a joint investigation between the Guardian and the UK’s Channel 4 News based on material provided by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.

The documents also reveal the UK spy agency GCHQ has made use of the NSA database to search the metadata of “untargeted and unwarranted” communications belonging to people in the UK.

http://youtu.be/9idlHwGPqK8

How many people here like this "security"?
And 200 Million Text Messages a day?! Not counting every E-mail you'd like to know is private.

This thread is not limited to the NSA alone. It's for all crap government is doing to restrict your privacy.
All the spying and crap.
These idiots are either power hungry or paranoid.

By the way, The biggest “reform” Obama appeared to announce was that a “private entity” will hold all of the data that the NSA collects. The president will reportedly order attorney general Eric Holder to report to him by 28 March on options for storing the data.

Eric Holder?!! :guns: Yup. The Fast & Furious Rootin' Tootinest Gun Runner in the North, South, East aaaand West. Yosemite_Sam.jpg

In other words, NSA’s bulk data collection of phone calls and other communications is being outsourced, IT IS NOT BEING ENDED.

It gets better. Obama said that at least we aren't as bad as China. WTF? :huh: Is that where the President of the USA sets the bar on how government spies on its' people? Just a bit better than China?

There will be no curiosity, no enjoyment of the process of life. All competing pleasures will be destroyed. But always—do not forget this, Winston—always there will be the intoxication of power, constantly increasing and constantly growing subtler. Always, at every moment, there will be the thrill of victory, the sensation of trampling on an enemy who is helpless. If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face—forever.

—Part III, Chapter III, Nineteen Eighty-Four

THIS is what happens when people give up their rights in the name of "protection" - but not knowing what you actually need protection from. But then others will still say, "If you're doing nothing wrong, you have nothing to worry about.". Yeah right.....BULL SHIT!

Of course, they are and have been tracking all of us for a very long time, just about anywhere we go...... We're all sheep in a pen.

Well this sheep,has sent several emails to my leaders *cough* expressing my *cough* displeasure about his,......now,did you think I heard back from any of them? :sos:

Well this sheep,has sent several emails to my leaders *cough* expressing my *cough* displeasure about his,......now,did you think I heard back from any of them? :sos:

Uh oh...you made your opinion KNOWN?!?! To the GOVERNMENT?!?!?

Dude, you're in for it now. The IRS is comin!!!

Feds yank Google Glass user from movie theater

Rob Quinn, Newser 10:52 a.m. EST January 22, 2014
1370960995000-google-glass-1306111032_4_

Can Google Glass — which includes a camera — be worn in movie theaters? One theater in Columbus, Ohio, decided not and had federal agents pull a a Glass-wearer from his seat. The agent confiscated the Glass, told the unnamed man he had been busted illegally taping the movie, and took him to a room for questioning.

"What followed was over an hour of the 'feds' telling me I am not under arrest, and that this is a 'voluntary interview,' but if I choose not to cooperate bad things may happen to me," he tells tech blog Gadgeteer. "I kept telling them that I wasn't recording anything—my Glass was off," says the man, who wore the Glass in the theater only because it includes his prescription lenses.

After extensive questioning, the agents brought in a laptop and an USB cable to check his Glass and phone before finally concluding he had done nothing wrong, he says. An Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokesman confirmed that the agency had questioned a man suspected of using an electronic device, but said he had been free to leave the "voluntary interview" at any time, NBC reports.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/22/newser-google-glass/4772321/

I have always taken the view that the security sevices would be taking a in interest electronic data collection, and within that remit it is fine, if it strays from that and used for political purposes then I am not fine.

If I wanted to take over the world, I would build a secert volcano base and hope 007 does not find out., and send messages by Pigeon rather than Twitter. :bagoverhead:

Archived