2014 FIFA World Cup

LedZeppfan77

England

:lol:

Love the mother country like you do Charles, no fucking chance. In fact chances are certainly better seeing Led Zeppelin performing at The Manchester Evening News Arena. As I said in earlier posts we are just not capable of winning a tourney unless we bore them into submission. Though having said all that it would be great if we did progress only to be beaten on penalties. Now that would be rare (not)

I'm wondering why the hell Hodgson picked Frank Lampard, he's too old and way too slow. I hope he doesn't get humiliated as Peter Reid did when Maradonna had him puffing like a good'un about 2 yards behind him.

I think Lampard could keep up with Maradonna today. ;)

:lol:

Love the mother country like you do Charles, no fucking chance. In fact chances are certainly better seeing Led Zeppelin performing at The Manchester Evening News Arena. As I said in earlier posts we are just not capable of winning a tourney unless we bore them into submission. Though having said all that it would be great if we did progress only to be beaten on penalties. Now that would be rare (not)

Why are you so certain of their failure? Do you think they have no chance even vs Italy and in the group? You do not think they come out of the group?

I'm looking forward to this 2014 World Cup. In particular the games where Roy (happy) Hodgson could put a team on the pitch that could include six Liverpool players then we could refer to that side as Englerpool (lol). If that team is fielded against Uraguay who will have Lois Suarez in the team that'll mean seven Liverpool players could be on the pitch. As for Englands progress in Brazil I'm thinking we'll make the quarter finals but due to climate issues I doubt going beyond that.

Mr predictions:

England 0 Italy 1

England 1 Uruguay 3

England 0 Costa Rica 0

We will be eliminated after failing to qualify. I may be being generous on us actually putting the sphere in the net.

I really hope your predictions are not right there CP. If we can conquer the climate, I hope we can make the QFs, the last sixteen at least.

That corrupt retard Sepp Blatter has finally admitted what every other rational person knew long ago: It was a mistake awarding the 2022 World Cup to Qatar. They're now going to move the games from the summer to the winter.

That corrupt retard Sepp Blatter has finally admitted what every other rational person knew long ago: It was a mistake awarding the 2022 World Cup to Qatar. They're now going to move the games from the summer to the winter.

Although it won't happen I would like to see a boycott of the 2022 WC. There is going to have to be a month long break here in England (not forgetting other countries) whether or not we qualify to play in Qatar. An unacceptable situation, awarding the tournament to this desert state was unefinbelievable in the first place. Makes me wonder if there were any fat envelopes passed under the table to secure the finals for the totally unsuitable for football state of Qatar. Blatter, you have made yourself out to be a complete fool.

^^^^As long as we don't go 3-0 up I'm all for it !!!!!

Goals are goals Joe. I know that you being a bluenose would find it hard to except "Englerpool" doing well in Brazil. Just let your love of your country help you get over the possibility.

Goals are goals Joe. I know that you being a bluenose would find it hard to except "Englerpool" doing well in Brazil. Just let your love of your country help you get over the possibility.

Oh believe me JTM I am right behind them all the way, the season has finished now. I'm right behind England 100%, not to sure about the name Englerpool though, didn't they call it that during Liverpools heyday, when they had a bunch of 'Pool players in the side. Er.....what did we win????? Still red & Blue aside I can't see them getting past the quarter final.

Mr predictions:

England 0 Italy 1

England 1 Uruguay 3

England 0 Costa Rica 0

We will be eliminated after failing to qualify. I may be being generous on us actually putting the sphere in the net.

Geez Mr Puffnstuff, I will go

England 2 Italy 2

England 3 Uruguay 2

England 2 Costa Rica 1

I suppose one would have to like Argentina's chances. Haven't they won the last two World Cups played in South America? Isn't Lionel Messi supposedly the greatest player to lace up a pair of soccer boots?

You know, for all their accolades and titles, the World Cup ledgers of Messrs. Messi and Ronaldo are noticeably empty! Time to put up or shut up...the sand in the hourglass is rapidly slipping through. As far as I'm concerned, they have a ways to go before I consider putting them in the company of Pelé.

By the by, anyone else notice how dreadfully awful the 2014 World Cup Anthem is? Pitbull...that's the best they can do?!? :rolleyes:

I suppose one would have to like Argentina's chances. Haven't they won the last two World Cups played in South America? Isn't Lionel Messi supposedly the greatest player to lace up a pair of soccer boots?

You know, for all their accolades and titles, the World Cup ledgers of Messrs. Messi and Ronaldo are noticeably empty! Time to put up or shut up...the sand in the hourglass is rapidly slipping through. As far as I'm concerned, they have a ways to go before I consider putting them in the company of Pelé.

By the by, anyone else notice how dreadfully awful the 2014 World Cup Anthem is? Pitbull...that's the best they can do?!? :rolleyes:

I am not so sure. Germany beat them 4-0 last time. Crashing them down to Earth. Brazil has to be the favorite. They are always a monster. But maybe there will be some team nobody sees coming? maybe a team like the Dutch. France has had some luck vs SA teams. I do not know how good Germany is this year? Should be very interesting and its always fun to watch on a hot summer day. I will be in surgery on the 12th. I will come home to watch it all messed up. I am sure I can catch some in the hospital.

The Uraguayan press is blaming a Welshman for helping England by injuring Suarez !!!!!! What??????? The Welsh hate England as much as the rest of the world....Anyway Suarez is only a cheat and a diver...Oh and he bites opposition players too!!!!

The Uraguayan press is blaming a Welshman for helping England by injuring Suarez !!!!!! What??????? The Welsh hate England as much as the rest of the world....Anyway Suarez is only a cheat and a diver...Oh and he bites opposition players too!!!!

I am cheering for England. Which means you are in big trouble. LOL. I hope they beat the Italians. Huge game right out of the gates. Why is it the US always plays that African nation, Ghana I think? Its humiliating enough gettiing the shit kicked out of us but when its a country with more monkey's than human's its even worse.

Two more weeks and I will be under the knife when the WC starts. I will be up to see England and Italy. I got in early and put two parlays in. I took the Mexico game over 2 goals. They usually are not in those dull 1-0 affairs. I think Cameroon is the opponent? Brazil and Argentina will be favored no doubt and Germany will get some respect. Who are the sleepers? Anyone have any for me?

Archived