2014 FIFA World Cup

LedZeppfan77

So what's with all the stories about match fixing? Do you feel safe laying money on games that have been "controlled"?

Also, why the J-Lo pull out? Seems like more negative aura surrounding the World Cup than ever.

There's a World Cup? ;) Seriously, I wouldn't go near any soccer match with my money; I don't know how or why Rick bets on 'em. This isn't a recent development either...there have been match-fixing scandals stretching back eons. This, coupled with the fact that any soccer matches played in Latin/Hispanic countries are dubiously refereed anyway, has me disinclined to expect fair results from this World Cup.

It looks like she has changed her mind and that she will be actually here, on the opening ceremony. Not that I care, really, the song sucks.

It more than sucks...it positively reeks. Vomit-inducing bilge.

Time for England to field a young attacking team. We will tear the Italians apart in the Jungle in Manaus. Rooney to open the scoring and we will pile on the agony for our fellow Europeans. We will then thrash Costa Rica and secure a quarter final berth. Following the Brazil victory we then cruise through and hold the cup to the amazement of the whole world (US excluded - who are the champions anyway).

:wakeup: Shit we lost 2-0 !!

Time for England to field a young attacking team. We will tear the Italians apart in the Jungle in Manaus. Rooney to open the scoring and we will pile on the agony for our fellow Europeans. We will then thrash Costa Rica and secure a quarter final berth. Following the Brazil victory we then cruise through and hold the cup to the amazement of the whole world (US excluded - who are the champions anyway).

The motherland shall rise and be counted!!!

While trying to find some World Cup Football jokes, it occurred to me that there is only one. FIFA.

:hysterical: Damn you witty Aussie! You made me snort coke out my nose.

I'm glad you're a toker CP...I'd fear for your blood pressure otherwise. ;)

The motherland shall rise and be counted!!!

Charles, your faith in the Lions is as admirable as your devotion to your kids and proper hydration. But I fear that even if the Queen were to send over a gallant and mighty side, there's no way the refs would allow England to prevail. Do you think the 'Hand of God' would have happened anywhere else than the southwestern hemisphere?

I need Germany to cash in a nice parlay with France and Brazil both minus a goal. Argentina letting Bosnia score that late goal made me unhappy. If Germany ties I win also. A portugal win ? I am dead. Dont see it. I am hoping England comes back and beats Urugauy and Costa Rica finds a way to beat Italy. The Netherlands look like a monster. What are they going to do to Australia? Is this the most lopsided match of the tourny?

Johnson rubbish, Welbeck shit, Rooney, what was Hodgson thinking of putting him on the left,It looked like England were the older side, totally expected.........START THE CAR!!! WE'RE ON OUR WAY HOME....

Agreed on Johnson but Welbeck shit?? I thought he brought pace and determination to the attack. I also agree about Rooney but you can't put a goalkeeper on the wing and expect him to shred the fullback? On reflection I have warmed ever so slightly to our chances of making the group stages. 2 good results and it's any ones.

:Thinking: Rooney & Welbeck = Man Utd players. Your're not still angry regarding Moyes are you Joe?

I wonder if Costa Rica can pull an upset of Italy? I hope so. England MUST beat Uruguay. I liked what I saw of England but not the goalie. The goalie was not as good as Italy's and it cost England dearly. Sterling is very good.

Now Germany is giving me heart pains with their awful defense. Yet a 2-0 lead and I fear A "MAKE UP CALL" for that penalty kick.

The USA will never be a soccer nation and I will tell you why in a flash. MEXICO VS CAMEROON. Point is this: 3 goals disallowed. And two of them were complete bullshit and the announcing crew agreed. The USA wants to see scoring. They want no part of a sport where refs always call offsides on a borderline play. In hockey if a man is straddling the blue line entering the attack zone, the play continues and the offensive play is given the benefit of the doubt. In soccer its the opposite. If you are even with a player, its FUCKING OFFSIDES. They have lost the US interest. Only transplanted Euro, and South Americans and Africans and suck give a shit. The guy that watches what we call the "big 4", Baseball, Football, Basketball, and Hockey will never watch this. I am only a fan during the world cup. England's season never ends does it? Takes away the importance of games. So the biggest sport in the world will never be big in the largest financial market in the world. Not until they wake up and stop games like CAMEROON VS MEXICO.

^What do you mean, "England's season never ends"? It starts in August and ends in May.

It just seems that way over here. We do not get really good coverage up to date. Anyway, back to this game, I now believe the US may have a shot to move on with Germany given the total ineptness of Portugal. And now an injury. :Portugal looks terrible and I believe the USA would have beaten them today.

After cashing in on Germany I just laid the hammer down on the Netherlands -2 and England - 1/2. Took France also. I like the USA's chances more

and more

On the Streak contest over 90 % pick Nigeria over Iran. Probably more from the heart. Is there anyone that wants Iran to win? I hope they get pummeled the bastards

Archived