2014 FIFA World Cup

LedZeppfan77

have you guys been enjoying the google emoticons?

Yes I have. :D

By the way, Jules, my condolences to you, Reggie, WhoopieCat, and all our other Aussie Forum members on Australia's elimination. At least there's still cricket and rugby to look forward to.

Bloody hell!! I certainly was not expecting Germany to draw with Ghana!! :wtf: What a nail-biting match!

I think the USA and Germany encounter is going to be a cracker of a match! Really looking forward to it!! :D

Which brings me to a question : Strider, who will you be rooting for in the Germany Vs. USA match? I just have to know! :)

Bloody hell!! I certainly was not expecting Germany to draw with Ghana!! :wtf: What a nail-biting match!

I think the USA and Germany encounter is going to be a cracker of a match! Really looking forward to it!! :D

Which brings me to a question : Strider, who will you be rooting for in the Germany Vs. USA match? I just have to know! :)

Bloody fucking hell is right. I had Germany to cash out a fucking three teamer and two team parlay . They hung my ass out to dry

Anyone notice Klinsman is taller than every single american player? What chance do we have really? Nadda

Germany will not play this way twice, they will take the USA apart

If the U.S. takes care of business tomorrow versus Portugal, then it won't matter what happens against Germany.

Kiwi, I'll be cheering for the U.S. :cheer:

So in any of the upcoming games do I have to worry about teams resting their regulars? That is pathetic at this level. Why is France such a slight favorite over Ecuador? And the Netherlands vs Chile? I am laying a small wager on the Netherlands and France to win it all.

Bloody fucking hell is right. I had Germany to cash out a fucking three teamer and two team parlay . They hung my ass out to dry

Anyone notice Klinsman is taller than every single american player? What chance do we have really? Nadda

Germany will not play this way twice, they will take the USA apart

Well, I am not writing off the USA just yet! :) You never know, what with Klinsmann as coach, the USA might just go all the way in their encounter with Germany! It's all about strategy if you ask me. After all, Klinsmann will most definitely know the German football strategy inside out and well, Joachim Löw better watch his back! ;) It's going to be a very interesting contest no doubt!! :)

If the U.S. takes care of business tomorrow versus Portugal, then it won't matter what happens against Germany.

Kiwi, I'll be cheering for the U.S. :cheer:

Hopefully, the USA will kick some Portugal butt! Can't wait to see that encounter as well! U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A! :cheer:

As for the Germany and USA encounter, well, I think I'm going to be rooting for both teams and may the best team win! :D

The only teams that stand out to me so far are France, Netherlands and Brazil. Germany until yesterday. I believe the winner is one of the first three. The way the Netherlands beat Spain was impressive. But France has been very good on offense.

Completely forgot about France! :slapface: They have scored two thumping wins so far! BUT, I am still pretty reluctant to write off Germany though! :wacko: But at this point, teams like the Netherlands and France do seem stronger! I am also very curious as to how Chile will perform in the later stages! Do they actually have the potential to win it all? :Thinking:

Yes I have. :D

By the way, Jules, my condolences to you, Reggie, WhoopieCat, and all our other Aussie Forum members on Australia's elimination. At least there's still cricket and rugby to look forward to.

thanks, strider.

we have done better than expected :)

OMG Team USA!

Bad luck guys. You really deserved to win that match.

30 seconds! ...... aarrgghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Great work by your goal keeper just before half time too.

That match had me engrossed. Regardless of the draw score, well done!

As soon as the ref established 5 minutes for injury time I thought, uh-oh...I was right! DAMN! We really kept Portugal in check! Onward to game with Germany!

I am a bit confused. I played 3 parlays with the US game ending with a draw. To win I must have the Netherlands and France. They are not favored like I expected? Is there a chance either of them are going to rest starters? I know Chile is tough. But France is playing a far lesser opponent?

I am a bit confused. I played 3 parlays with the US game ending with a draw. To win I must have the Netherlands and France. They are not favored like I expected? Is there a chance either of them are going to rest starters? I know Chile is tough. But France is playing a far lesser opponent?

I'll break it down for you, Rick. It's like I said in one of my earlier posts, since both Netherlands and Chile have already clinched advancing from their group, neither the Australia vs. Spain nor Netherlands vs. Chile matches have any bearing on the Group B teams...they're as meaningful as a NFL preseason game. If Netherlands or Chile do play their starters, I doubt it will be for very long.

I wouldn't put money on this match if you paid me.

I know Columbia and Costa Rica have also clinched advancement to the next round, but I'm not sure if France has or not. They should be close though, and they have a whopping advantage in Goal Differential.

The U.S. needs Portugal and Ghana to play to a draw in their match on Thursday. That way, the U.S. can still advance even if they lose to Germany.

Chile will want to beat Holland, otherwise it's likely they'll face Brazil in the next round.

I went with Holland and they are up 1-0 on a beauty of a header on a corner. Come on you Dutch boys and finish off these Taco benders. I have the Netherlands or France winning the whole thing now. Another stinker for England. And I believe England will lose that last game now

^^^

Yes, Netherlands was certainly the class of Group B. Robben is a beautiful player to watch and I reckon the Dutch are one of the top three or four forces in this World Cup.

Chile will want to beat Holland, otherwise it's likely they'll face Brazil in the next round.

Is that necessarily a bad thing, though? If you're going to have to play a team eventually, sometimes it is better to play them early in a tournament than later. Who's to say Chile or any team be afraid of Brazil over another top side like Germany, Netherlands, Argentina, etc.?

Is that necessarily a bad thing, though? If you're going to have to play a team eventually, sometimes it is better to play them early in a tournament than later. Who's to say Chile or any team be afraid of Brazil over another top side like Germany, Netherlands, Argentina, etc.?

Well, it's either Brazil or Cameroon they'll be facing next. I know if it was England I'd rather face Cameroon. I think Brazil or Argentina will win the tournament.

^^^

Aye, noted. ;)

Brazil should take care of Camaroon today but I'm not sure who will win the Mexico vs. Croatia match.

USA was put in the so-called Group of Death, and I had Germany and Portugal moving on in my brackets, so for the U.S. to even be this close to advancing is beyond my expectations already. If we survive longer than England, it will be a successful World Cup for the U.S. in my opinion.

You were so close to beating Portugal. That must've been gut wrenching to concede in the last minute! Still, it's made your game against Germany very mouthwatering indeed! :)

If you make it out of the group, I can see you making the last 8 again.

Archived