Jimi hendrix or Jimmy page

Lynne

jimmy is a genius guitarist - black dog , possibly the best rock guitar riff ever , and kashmir is still to this day " out of this world "... a bench mark of " the rock an roll era" ...led zeppelin have always been the best rock band , and beyond just rock...as a unit they are a super group................jimi was always and will always be part of the cosmos..guitar playing that was so full of love and texture ..a light in the sky shining down on us all

A lot of people feel Jimmy carried on where Hendrix left off. I'm saddened to hear people say that Hendrix didn't like Zeppelin. Given Hendrix's own experimentations I don't understand why he would suddenly be a blues purist where Zep was concerned. If that's true, you'd imagine that had Hendrix lived he would eventually have been won over by Zeppelin's versatility. I could understand how he might have an incomplete picture of their potential just going by the first couple albums.

I asked this lady which guitarest was the best and she voted for Jimi he's good but i didn't agree with her at all Jimmy is and he is sexier then Jimi Hendrix.

I know that lady - she's been around for almost 40 years now. It's best to ignore her is what I say. :)

Jimi Hendrix was just raw guitar, nobody could play like him.

Now Page does create some amazing riffs but, Hendrix could play the guitar anyway he wanted.

Don't get me wrong I think Page is one of the greatest guitarist of all time, just Jimi... he was born to play the guitar.

Archived