Robert Plant @ Jazz Fest 2014

Rock Historian

i do wish that for once when robert gets interviewed that someone would point out when he talks about not wanting to reunite zeppelin and how it's a thing of the past, he can't relate to the lyrics, etc. that he still plays these songs as the vast majority of his setlists in his live shows. Yes, they're different takes on an old thing, but I mean it's almost like having your cake and eating it to in terms of using the old stuff in live shows, but then saying you can't relate to it and can't imagine playing it with the other guys again.

Here's to hoping that him and the sensational space shifters roll out a new, heavier record than he's done the past few years as they are more of a rock band than the band of joy...

Right on the money looking at that set list Zeppelin without the Zeppelin guitarist and bassist!

Only makes sense to RP!You don't want play the old hits clear them out play only the new stuff

but the people like the old stuff more..... there's the problem.

^^ Reminder, anyone with AXS channel...Robert at Jazz Fest 2014 will be on this afternoon/evening. Started at 3PM and goes until 10PM today...and all this weekend for anyone who misses it today :-) :peace:

Just wish I had this channel, but I think it's mostly satellite, Dish Net etc. I have Cablevision (Optimum). Would like to see this in mixed form and not phone videos. I'm sure they'll be available in time.

Robert is coming up followed by Santana right now....press to record :yay:

Deborah J, I share your enthusiasm!!! :) I am recording as well and can't wait to watch it!!!! In thinking back on the weekend, while I loved all the shows, I keep thinking about how entertaining Santana was...another example of timeless music!! And I'm looking forward to seeing Santana's guest drummer again (and to catch her name this time)...WOW!

I think the passion and joy comes through. I think the music is very tasteful and creative. I agree with others I also hope he does continue to play around with the set list and I think he will. He makes me proud and want to follow my own passions. I have sentimental feelings about what if's for more Zepp music, but it is what it is and what it is to me is a pleasure. I was thinking the other day when I saw these on YouTube how lucky we are that Robert continues to follow his passion all these years later. For me from the days of first discovering Zepp's music in high school to now...what a great trip it's been...and continues to be...

Day #1 Jazzfest...Santana was awesome! Very energetic and all band members are very talented. Didn't catch who came in as a guest drummer but she was on fire! Her drum solo was so fun to watch!!

It might have been Sheila E., as one of her uncles was in Santana back in the day.

A mighty thanks to RH, Ddladner, Cookie, Deb and others for all the videos, photos and reviews. Having finally the time to explore this thread, I have been digging the clips.

I agree the set lists have been a little stagnant lately, but since this Jazz Fest was just a one-off and they have been busy recording, maybe they didn't feel ready to change the set too much. Here is hoping he shakes it up on the next tour and dumps some of the perennials ("Black Dog", "Rock and Roll") in favour of some of the more stranger nooks and crannies of his catalogue.

My lord, that is some beard on that Scouser Liam!!! I didn't recognize him at first.

New SSS album in September...along with the Zeppelin reissues...2014 is gonna be a mighty fine year.

does anyone have a download link. ive been trying to convert the youtbue to mps but it seems there are some restrictions that wont allow me to. trying to find sbds if anyone has em

thanks

You won't get anyone to help you with that here!

BTW...Thanks Cookie. Will check it out tomorrow as it's a bit late now.

I spoke with a friend the other day who liked RP & Strange Sensations the best for all of Jazzfest 2014. This friend doesn't follow his career as closely as we do but did see Zep, P/P and BOJ. He thrilled in hearing so many Zep songs played by such great musicians with the variations including the Africian accents. Other than seeing Zep this was his favorite band with RP concert.

I spoke with a friend the other day who liked RP & Strange Sensations the best for all of Jazzfest 2014. This friend doesn't follow his career as closely as we do but did see Zep, P/P and BOJ. He thrilled in hearing so many Zep songs played by such great musicians with the variations including the Africian accents. Other than seeing Zep this was his favorite band with RP concert.

Good to hear and thanks for sharing!

I thought it was good to hear also. Believe me I was humbly filled with pride. I meant to say he saw RP and the Sensational Space Shifters. Just to further clarify the P/P tour the friend saw was in '95. I found it a very interesting perspective to hear especially from someone who I know is a big-time music fan and likes Zep but doesn't follow as closely as we do.

Photos from around the web of Robert and the band in New Orleans today. Please check @LedZepNews on Twitter for full photo credits.

And here are some videos:

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You:

http://instagram.com/p/nRTwSvw477/

Black Dog:

https://vine.co/v/MvOd2aV9nHn

Going To California:

http://instagram.com/p/nRVpOhgBlQ

http://instagram.com/p/nRV_B_AG-0/

http://instagram.com/p/nRVoFEpaHD/

Known setlist so far:

Babe I'm Gonna Leave You

Spoonful

Black Dog

Going To California

The Enchanter

Tin Pan Valley

Whole Lotta Love

Rock And Roll

Nicew pics,a friend of mine was there and said it was good,love his purple shirt

One would think that with a new album coming out they would be playing tunes from that rather than essentially the same set list, but like someone said, maybe the show was a last minute add on and they had to play what they know.

One would think that with a new album coming out they would be playing tunes from that rather than essentially the same set list, but like someone said, maybe the show was a last minute add on and they had to play what they know.

It was very last minute!

The word here in New Orleans is that Quint Davis, Jazz Fest Producer, called Robert and begged him to come back and made him an offer he couldn't refuse!

Archived