ITS NOT THEIR 1st GRAMMY

z1inspector

they won a few "grammy hall of fame awards"

unless all awards that have the word " grammy" in them are not all conciderd a grammy award!

apparently a "grammy hall of fame award" isnt a grammy i stand corrected !

eitherway im happy still for them , but i wonder if they even care after being shunned all these years? , did they even attend the event ?

should we think its a big deal ? idk how i feel !

except its a shame they didnt already win every award " the grammys" ever had to give !

shame on the grammys !

rite ?

i posted about this on a few threads but still everyones going on about it still being their 1ST !

(ledzeppelin.com members should know their facts.)

not that the grammys reflect the real reality!!!

Year Recipient Award Result 1970 Led Zeppelin Best New Artist Nominated 1999 Led Zeppelin IV Grammy Hall of Fame Won 2003 "Stairway to Heaven" Grammy Hall of Fame Won 2004 Led Zeppelin Grammy Hall of Fame Won 2007 "Whole Lotta Love" Grammy Hall of Fame Won 2014 "Kashmir" Best Rock Performance Nominated 2014 "Celebration Day" Best Rock Album Won

they should have won for best live song for KASHMIR ! shows how irrelevant the grammys really are!

I could be wrong (although I consider Myself an Expert on Led Zeppelin and Their History, I say that Jokingly, however very Truly), I do not think that Led Zeppelin ever won a Grammy Award when They were an active and functioning Rock and Roll Band from 1968 - 1980.

According to your own data, Led Zeppelin was "nominated" for a Grammy for "Best New Artist" back in the year of 1970, but lost to "Crosby, Stills and Nash" who won that year. Nominations of an Grammy Award, and Winning a Grammy Award are Two separate things entirely.

Someone Praise Me if I am Right or Condemn Me if I a Wrong (I can take Both).

So if MY calculations are correct (and They may not be) this is the Very First Grammy Award afforded to the GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND OF ALL-TIME!!! THE MIGHTY AND ALL-POWERFULL LED ZEPPELIN, WHOSE MUSIC WILL LIVE ON FOR ETERNITY, NO MATTER HOW MANY GRAMMY'S THEY NEVER WON, until now.

I could be wrong (because I consider Myself an Expert on Led Zeppelin and Their History, I say that jokingly, however Truly), I do not think that Led Zeppelin ever won a Grammy Award when They were an active and functioning Rock and Roll Band from 1968 - 1980.

According to your own data, Led Zeppelin was "nominated" for a Grammy for "Best New Artist" back in the year of 1970, but lost to "Crosby, Stills and Nash" who won that year. Nominations of an Grammy Award, and Winning a Grammy Award are Two separate things entirely.

Someone Praise Me if I am Right or Condemn Me if I a Wrong.

So if MY calculations are correct (and They may not be) this is the Very First Grammy Award afforded to the GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND OF ALL-TIME!!! THE MIGHTY AND ALL-POWERFULL LED ZEPPELIN, WHOSE MUSIC WILL LIVE ON FOR ETERNITY, NO MATTER HOW MANY GRAMMY'S THEY NEVER WON.

You're right KingZoso. Zep has 4 songs in the Grammy Hall of Fame, but that is different from winning a grammy. Not to mention their lifetime achievement, which again is not a grammy victory.

Today they won, and as fantastic as it is (and believe me, i am so ecstatic that they won) it really is a minor detail in a long list of accomplishments.

You're right KingZoso. Zep has 4 songs in the Grammy Hall of Fame, but that is different from winning a grammy. Not to mention their lifetime achievement, which again is not a grammy victory.

Today they won, and as fantastic as it is (and believe me, i am so ecstatic that they won) it really is a minor detail in a long list of accomplishments.

Thank You FunkyPhantom for verifying what I thought and knew was a correct statement on My part.

LONG LIVE THE MIGHTY LED ZEPPELIN!!!

z1inspector you claim that we're factually wrong, we're not - you are.

The information you posted above tallies with the statement "Led Zeppelin won their first Grammy award last night" - nominations and Hall Of Fame inductions don't count as "official" awards.

And Led Zeppelin were not even nominated for Best Live Song, I presume you mean the category Best Rock Performance.

I could be wrong (although I consider Myself an Expert on Led Zeppelin and Their History, I say that Jokingly, however very Truly), I do not think that Led Zeppelin ever won a Grammy Award when They were an active and functioning Rock and Roll Band from 1968 - 1980.

Someone Praise Me if I am Right or Condemn Me if I a Wrong (I can take Both).

So if MY calculations are correct (and They may not be) this is the Very First Grammy Award afforded to the GREATEST ROCK AND ROLL BAND OF ALL-TIME!!! THE MIGHTY AND ALL-POWERFULL LED ZEPPELIN, WHOSE MUSIC WILL LIVE ON FOR ETERNITY, NO MATTER HOW MANY GRAMMY'S THEY NEVER WON, until now.

as far as THAT goes ,i guess your right ! AND as far as THAT goes i guess they STILL never WON a grammy while being a " ACTIVE FUNCTIONING " band!

how inaccurately the grammys reflect the art they claim to be on the "pulse" of!

didnt know their was a difference, tnanks for the info! still if theywere shunned by the grammys then something is/was non reflective (the grammy big shots are bias! or voters or non voters failed ) shame on someone!

z1inspector you claim that we're factually wrong, we're not - you are.

The information you posted above tallies with the statement "Led Zeppelin won their first Grammy award last night" - nominations and Hall Of Fame inductions don't count as "official" awards.

And Led Zeppelin were not even nominated for Best Live Song, I presume you mean the category Best Rock Performance.

ok so i stand corrected ! HOWEVER

1/ WHO KNEW = the grammy hall of fame award IS NOT a grammy ?

hey thats why im on lz.com =to be apart of & learn some & spread some Zep love!

(no disrespect but

2/ who also knew " Best Rock Performance" didnt mean "best song preformed live" really ? ok so i left out "ROCK"

unless theres a HUGE difference =u could have just GAVE ME that one ....geeeze!)

but fair enough i suppose !

thanks for confirming theirs a difference! so .....shame on the grammy big shots or voters for not reflecting reality back when Zep dominated the music world as a active band!!

Archived