Led Zeppelin Sound, Help!

LedSabbath666

I spend hours trying to get Jimmy Page's tone from 1972 and 1973. My current setup includes a 2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard fitted with Seymour Duncan SH-18 Whole Lotta Humbuckers, a Marshall JCM 2000 Triple Super Lead TSL 100. My effects loop includes A Dallas Rangemaster Treble Booster, a Crybaby Wah, and various Boss Pedals including a BD-2 Bluesdriver. I have absolutely no idea how to set my amp up, what my guitars tone and volume should be at, or if my equipment is junk. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The pickups do enough to get more of a fatter tone. The Bluesdriver pedal right now is used as a tube screamer. I think the main issue is that I can't get it loud enough with the current settings I am using for the tone to fully develop. The Gain is currently set to 2 as well as the presence. If I turn the gain any higher it really screws the sound over.

Are you running your effects in the effects loop of the amp? If so try running them straight into the front, particularly anything that's meant to help hit the front end of the amp hard like a treble booster or overdrive pedal. I run my wah out front, but that's more personal choice.

Page wasn't really known for many pedals, outside of a Tonebender early on and wah pedal throughout. You should be able to get some good Page tones, but you're gonna have to crank pretty loud to get the kinda saturation he would get.

Archived