DREAMS

desirezep

I thought it was incredible...how the body can stretch out time to make it seem that you were in a dream for days, but just sleeping for 10 or 12 hours. How complex the brain must be to be able to do that. That's just me, though.

Actually it's not that incredible. It's believed that dream 'time' bears no relation to actual time. So a dream whose events appear to unfold over minutes or even hours might actually last just a few seconds.

Dreams, at least mine, move in lightning speed. It's like you're riding in a car, you approach a house. Before you know it you're already IN the house. It's like all the pointless steps of getting out, closing the door and walking gets skipped completely. Unless those steps are important to the meaning of the dream.

• 3 months later...

I had a dream last night where I was about to take a trip somewhere over a few days. I didn't know where or what for. But I remember feeling a sense of excitement, adventure and liberty. As is usually the case in my dreams, I awoke before it really got to the good parts.

• 4 weeks later...

The only dreams I seem to have are about very tall buildings. I am terrified of heights.

I used to wreck buildings for a living and retired from it in 1995, yet I still have dreams about being at work with my friends back then. A very weird one recently was with my friend John (the foreman) and we were on the San Francisco waterfront. I was looking up at him on my left and I asked if they had worked last night because there was a playform with tools to my right. He said 'No, the tools were always set up there!' Right at that moment there was another guy to my right and he yells: 'Look!' I turned around and there was a jet plane with a smoking engine flying over the bay and it made a hard left, came right over us, clipped some building tops, did a 180, went back over us and crashed into the bay right in front of us. It was all so damned real too and I have no idea why I would dream something like that. One theory I have is that with all the images that are stored into our memory banks they come out in no particular order in our dreams. My sex dreams are few and far between though, dang it.. :P:lol:

redrum, I have dreams like the one you had too. There are so many theories, I can't keep them straight, but I find it an interesting subject.

Off topic, I have seen posts by you before, when I see your location I always think about "Ravenclaw" a student house in the Harry Potter books.

redrum, I have dreams like the one you had too. There are so many theories, I can't keep them straight, but I find it an interesting subject.

Off topic, I have seen posts by you before, when I see your location I always think about "Ravenclaw" a student house in the Harry Potter books.

There is a town close by called 'Ravensdale'

I only remember my dreams if it's just before I wake up.

Another recent one was me back at work again and my boss was chewing me out for 'throwing a crucifix across the floor' :huh:

Just as he was reaming me for that my alarm went off and that's when I heard the news of the Newtown massacre. :^(

Was there a tv or radio on in your home by any chance? Sometimes there will be sounds in my home that somehow get incorporated into a dream just before waking up.

Weird about "Ravensdale" & "Enumclaw".

• 9 months later...

I once had a dream about the Obama family after he was elected first term. He and his family lived inside a cliff. In the living room he sat watching himself on television while reading a newspaper article about himself. His family sat in a silent misery.

I also have dreams about men who shoot electricity out of their hands, illuminating body parts and much more!

Was there a tv or radio on in your home by any chance? Sometimes there will be sounds in my home that somehow get incorporated into a dream just before waking up.

Weird about "Ravensdale" & "Enumclaw".

I've done that too where I have a radio going while I'm sleeping and the chatter will spark dreams from whatever they are talking about.

That is weird about the towns. :^)

Archived