UFO

andyc

I used to have "strangers in the Night" on vinyl, lost it somewhere along the way...

I've got "Headstone: The Best Of UFO" on vinyl still, and the first three studio albums on CD. The first two are are not very well appreciated, not even by the band, but I really like them.

This is a song called "Boogie" from the first album "UFO1":

And the classic "Rock Bottom" from the third album "Phenomenon": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qP_OqOJ8ug

I used to have "strangers in the Night" on vinyl, lost it somewhere along the way...

Well, play.com have another sale on and I was having a browse through the rock/metal CD's where I saw it for £3.99! I ordered it straight away, can't wait to hear it again.

• 3 months later...
ufowarehousenola79.jpg

UFO 1979 Warehouse New Orleans LA

ufowarehousenola795.jpg

ufowarehousenola794.jpg

Beaver Productions!!

Holy crow that takes me back!

Seen alot of shows in the 70's-80's brought to town by "The Beaver".

My band is playing with UFO this month.

UFO get a definite :thumbsup: from me. Phil Mogg has one hell of a voice.

Here's a couple of pics from when Jason played with them.

ufomanchester16thjune20um3.png

ufogreece2004ds4.jpg

I would have liked to have seen Jason play with them but I missed that Boat.Maybe I can catch Him with Zeppelin

I also saw them in Dallas 79

I would have liked to have seen Jason play with them but I missed that Boat.Maybe I can catch Him with Zeppelin

I also saw them in Dallas 79

Al, get yourself the Showtime DVD...UFO in concert, with Jason on drums, recorded at Wilhelmshaven, Germany. It's excellent.

Al, get yourself the Showtime DVD...UFO in concert, with Jason on drums, recorded at Wilhelmshaven, Germany. It's excellent.

Hi Miss Honeydripper How are you today? I actually have it and have seen it I meant in person as you know I am A proffesional Concert attendee DVD is cool but being there is a experiance.Thank you for telling Me though hope you have a good day I am working nights so it is off to Bed for Me LOL

AL

From RollingStone.com

Fricke’s Picks: UFO

20055211-20055214-slarge.jpg

In June 1973, the British hard-rock quartet UFO landed in Germany for a tour — as a trio, because their guitarist suddenly quit. UFO had already gone through two other guitarists since forming in 1969. But it was fourth time lucky when singer Phil Mogg, bassist Pete Way and drummer Andy Parker borrowed local teenage dynamo Michael Schenker, then in Scorpions, for the German dates. Schenker soon joined UFO full time, flanking Mogg’s tough-glam bray with meaty, melodic riffing, and charging the band’s boogie locomotion with lethal, articulate soloing on a run of albums — 1974’s Phenomenon, 1975’s Force It and 1976’s No Heavy Petting, all reissued with bonus tracks (Chrysalis/EMI) — that became holy text for the spandex boys just around the bend, including Def Leppard, Iron Maiden and Guns n’ Roses. UFO were, at the start, better jammers than composers (ballads were essentially breathers between cannonballs), and Phenomenon opens tentatively: “Oh My” sounds like it reads. But that album’s heavy-Yardbirds assaults, “Doctor Doctor” and “Rock Bottom,” are two of UFO’s — and Schenker’s — best moments on record. By Force It, the writing was sharper (”Let It Roll,” “Shoot Shoot”) and bolder (”Out in the Street”). No Heavy Petting came with keyboards and a poised mix of crunch and radio-wise pop that paid off in later FM hits like “Lights Out” and “Only You Can Rock Me.” Those two songs are on The Best of UFO (1974-1983) (Capitol), out soon to coincide with a U.S. tour by the current lineup of UFO (which will not include Schenker, who has been in and out of the band a few times since 1979). That set has everything for the novice, but the reissues — with seventeen extra tracks spread over them, including period demos, outtakes and hot, live juice — are the real phenomenon.

David Fricke

• 1 month later...

Archived